Started on: 12-21-2017 10:01 AM
Replies: 22 (2416 views)
Last post by: vette7584 on 04-21-2020 04:50 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2017 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for info on AEX digital dashboard for a Fiero.

Anyone have an owners manual, experience with using, or scribbled notes on a greasy piece of paper?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2017 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's one nifty piece of equipment. Never heard of it before.
old aex page
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2017 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, that is very helpful!
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I have a copy of the user manual. I can scan that in this evening. What I really need is a copy of the installation manual showing the wiring for the switches on the side.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As the unit I have access to is installed and operational, I can do a wiring diagram.
The operations manager would be great to have!
Thanks for responding, information about these dashes is almost non-existent.
Merry Christmas!
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have one of the original owners manuals if your interested in it.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! I passed this info on to the cars owner.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

Very very interested. You have an unanswered PM.

Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I checked the place it should have been (with the gauge cluster), place it could have been and places it should not be in.

Here's what I can tell you from memory on basically what the manual showed:
- An overview of what the cluster could do
- Configuring it for how many cylinders your vehicle had
- MPH/KPH config
- Which "options" came with the cluster
- Setting the odometer
- Which "mode" you wanted the cluster to run in

There's only a couple of other places I can think of where this paperwork could be... one of which is in the car... which is in a storage unit for winter.

According the owner I bought the cluster from, only 12 of these were ever made probably because the cost around $2k when new (I remember when they were sold new). I think that anything that's found for these should be kept online as some kind of archive. Crossing fingers for tomorrow's search.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im still looking for it.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!
PFF
System Bot
TheseusRises

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_narf:

I believe I have a copy of the user manual. I can scan that in this evening. What I really need is a copy of the installation manual showing the wiring for the switches on the side.

Happen to still have the manual? Could you email me a copy of it?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I never knew my FDD-X1 was compared with his in his comparison page! He gets a few facts wrong (and he leaves out many, many, many options his dash doesn't have) but it's still cool to see. Blast from the past (since I don't make my dash anymore either).

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Cool, I never knew my FDD-X1 was compared with his in his comparison page! He gets a few facts wrong (and he leaves out many, many, many options his dash doesn't have) but it's still cool to see. Blast from the past (since I don't make my dash anymore either).

I wish you still made these.

------------------
Thank You
Thomas
NIFE Activity Director
1987 Fiero GT T-Top 1988 Fiero Formula

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

TheseusRises

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2020 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Thanks guys!

Do you happen to still have any information/manuals/paperwork/diagrams? I purchased one recently, and I'd like to get it working again.. Thanks
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2020 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, sadly I was never able to come up with anything.
TheseusRises

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were you able to find anything? I know this is an old thread.

im still looking for it.

TheseusRises

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheseusRises

71 posts
Member since Apr 2018

Originally posted by olejoedad:

No, sadly I was never able to come up with anything.

Thank you. I know this is an old thread, so, thanks for responding. I actually just happened to come across an AEX cluster, and now it's in my living room
TheseusRises

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheseusRises

71 posts
Member since Apr 2018

Do you still have it? I'd be interested in buying it..
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

I wish you still made these.

So do I, it was one of the things I really wanted when I first got into Fieros!

------------------
A coward dies a thousand deaths..................A soldier dies but once.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2020 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People are now using Raspberry Pi to create custom dash displays.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 03-05-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly if you don't have the instructions you are most likely going to have to figure it out via process of elimination. So turn on your car for instance and grab a wire from the cluster and touch it to C3/18 until you get a reading for the RPMs. Now you know that is the tach. So mark it and move on to the next. Turn on your turn signal and keep touching different wires to C3/2(Left signal) or C3/4(Right signal) until you see the turn signal light in your dash. Mark it and move on until you're finished with all wires. It will be tedious but that is going to be the only way forward in my opinion.
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that Raspberry PI dash looks pretty slick, anyone done one or in the process of doing one for a Fiero?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock