Started on: 11-10-2017 10:50 AM
Replies: 27 (1272 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-17-2017 11:50 AM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the past few weeks I have been focused on developing a logo. I wanted something simple yet descriptive and after several iterations have narrowed it down to this.
Let me know what you think!

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 11-10-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!
Nice job on the outline of the car. Is that an aftermarket wing?
😉
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

Yes, the wing is non-stock. I think it is fitting for the outline to closely match my personal Fiero and I have a mustang whale tail wing in the basement that will be installed over the winter.

In the coming weeks I am going to see about having some t-shirts and vinyl stickers made up.

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can help you with the shirts and decals if you want.

Tom

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some thoughts.
I would try lessening the size of the text, and make the Fiero line bolder. I would put the Fieroguru and Performance on the same line, LLC could be smaller. THe Fiero line has some jagged bumps mainly around the spoiler, possibly if it was created in a higher resolution it would be smoother.

If you were looking for that kind of feedback.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-10-2017).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to make the car outline a little wider and make a sample with 2.5's suggestions. The jaggedness is byproduct of the system I used to draw them and not a resolution issue, but someone with photoshop could likely clean them up.

There are portions I like about each and when I surveyed the wife and girls we had a 50/50 split on which we like better.
Edit: added an option C.

A:

B:

C:

Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

C:

I like this one the most. Simple, elegant and to the point.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like "C" also.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"c" is my choice
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it come in fastback? Just kidding, looks great!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2017 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted to suggest...."C"...But possibly with a thicker line representing the Fiero....And slightly tapered at the ends....
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like A.
The lettering up in the body lines is more balanced looking than all the lettering across the bottom.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am still torn between A & C (B is too tall). Both are good... but I am leaning towards C.

Originally posted by mrfred8:
Does it come in fastback? Just kidding, looks great!

Two funny things...
1. That is what Sara said... she has always been more of a fastback fan than a notchie person.
2. I did a fastback to notchie conversion for the outline (as well as aero to non-aero). When I made the first outline back in 2005 for my honeymoon trailer project, it was a fastback!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it is worth, I also like "C" the best.

Nelson
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Above are ok for signage and maybe business cards...
Logo? not so much.
Lose bottom text because most shops do the same work.
Many doing Logo work lose INC LLC etc as well.

Read about how USPTO works to give some data how they register Trademarks or use search to see examples.
DuPont in oval shape outline is close to above... Not DuPont Inc Co etc.

logos like ComputeLand and Fiero are text, often w/ images too. Note that Fiero TM is not just used by GM... Exact appearance and just what use matters. Others can't put Fiero in/on a car w/o violating TM and having big problems.

ComputerLand is/was using Blippo Black font (Not sure exact font foundry used. Wasn't many at the time.) for selling PC etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 11-11-2017).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To much going on try abbreviating. Or just name alone.
Try shortening the brand eg buy fiero dot guru domain name.
use a redirect back to your site all too much for a logo.
Flyboygt86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like C
Paul how is my parts coming
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flyboygt86:
Paul how is my parts coming

I should have everything finished this afternoon and ready to ship Monday as planned.
You should have pictures and a payment request later this evening.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ll take a couple stickers when you make them!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vectorized the image, and cleaned up the pixelation. I also used the Official Fiero font for the text. The stylized text, with the white lines, looks great on the screen, but would not look good when reduced and printed honestly..In this format, the image can be blown up to any size, and will have no degradation/pixelation.

If you want the vectorized file, just let me know a place / email to send it to.

Here is the cleaned up logo:

Here is just the Spoiler area blown up to show the nice clean lines:

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I am going to go with option C but will do a few more tweaks. I appreciate the efforts to clean up the drawings, but I won't be changing to a different style text.

All of my work on this has been with AutoCAD with the intention of being able to use a ball tipped end mill to recreate an exact copy of my logo on a CNC milling machine.
Bob2112

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2017 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob2112Send a Private Message to Bob2112Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I'm in the minority as I like A because C has too much white space IMO. Also, I second or third the suggestion to drop the LLC and the bottom line of text. The bottom line of text could be added on a card or webpage, but for a logo I don't think it is needed.

[This message has been edited by Bob2112 (edited 11-12-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more thought, does LLC, need to be there for legal reasons? It would fit nicer and FIero Guru Performance could be bigger, if it wasn't there...and could take up more of the white space.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-13-2017).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
One more thought, does LLC, need to be there for legal reasons? It would fit nicer and FIero Guru Performance could be bigger, if it wasn't there...and could take up more of the white space.
Not required for Logos and maybe some others in most places. LLC and others Does use these suffixes on most other things because often is a legal requirement to do so, including to register a logo/name w/ State and/or USPTO, Copyrighting anything (logos can be © and ™/® because © protect the logo itself and ™/® protect logo to sell whatever.), put business name on web pages, and other types of doc's. (™ does not = ® see highlights.)

Basically LLC is a INC but less issues/problems for many small companies and you don't see the suffixes on vast majority of company logos. Big item is Inc and LLC are to protect private assets from business assets unlike others types. Most will need this when someone sues because Businesses w/o protection then get sued find out they will go after owner's houses cars etc. (highlights see https://www.incorporate.com...ability_company.html ) Plus LLC might "flip into" an INC if/when company grows large enough (Possible but can be hard to do depending on State and type.) and then "Logos" and even URL's like ______LLC is a problem. Just losing LLC in a URL can very hard because ______ .com .org and other TLD's are likely registered already.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 11-13-2017).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did some cleanup of the file and this is what I ended up with.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
👍👍

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2017 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock