fiero rear window louvers by fierofrenzy
Started on: 10-14-2017 09:34 AM
Replies: 25 (1527 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 10-29-2017 09:11 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For anybody interested, there's a set of Fiero rear window louvers up for sale on ebay. These are for the GT. The seller wants $149 for them. Theres are very rare so somebody may want to check these out.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

...there's a set of Fiero rear window louvers up for sale on ebay. These are for the GT. The seller wants $149 for them.

Geez, he's really put a lot of effort into showcasing/selling it.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-14-2017).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What the hell are those? They look like they are made out of metal???
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set that were on an 87 notchback when I purchased it - was not aware notchy louvers even existed!

Jim
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are metal. Here are a couple pics from one member who had them. I believe they clip on to the lip on the roofline:

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those should really help to eliminate the blind spot.
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set on my 88 gt. They do not really add to any cabin hindrance. I love the way they look, and aside from the set in this post and Kameo Kids car, I have yet to see another set. Hammond is the manufacturer of mine.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they clip into the roof line, How do you open the decklid?
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They hook to decklid via hinge and use a piece of flat stock on each side to rise/pivot. Hopefully that made sense..

Will snap pics in AM.

[This message has been edited by boostedbird (edited 10-14-2017).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2017 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen those before. I would use the word rare.
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2017 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These match my side windows be a fortune in freight too.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 10-16-2017).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2017 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it "will fit", as in made for some other car originally? Or is it actually made for Fieros?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-17-2017).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have paid. I am awaiting delivery. So I will now have louvers all round sides and rear.

So guess I wont be using my modified Tom's Mr2 roof scoop.
No point posting where did you get it from?

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 10-20-2017).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this post......these were in Bay City, MI - same as I am!!

I would have picked these up in a heartbeat! I can't believe these were damn near next door to me.
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I have paid. I am awaiting delivery.

Update for sure when they arrive! I would love to see another set mounted.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have paid. I am awaiting delivery. So I will now have louvers all round sides and rear.

That's gonna be cool.
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record it is 4 x the price. I am other side of planet and was looking for 15 years for these.
I was looking to frame up some local Avenger brand louvers for other cars between $50-500 on ebay.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 10-23-2017).]

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I paid around 350 us around 4ish years ago. I also have the original Hammond paperwork for install. I can try and load them up if you want. I recommend spending the extra $ on good double sided tape.
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of black ones for a notch. I won them at a Fiero show in Pontiac in 1986. In fact there are here in my office boxed up because someone was going to purchase them 5 to 7 years ago but never sent the cash.
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

I believe I paid around 350 us around 4ish years ago. I also have the original Hammond paperwork for install. I can try and load them up if you want. I recommend spending the extra $ on good double sided tape.

Please or email them to me istworld @ hotmail dot com.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

I have a set of black ones for a notch. I won them at a Fiero show in Pontiac in 1986. In fact there are here in my office boxed up because someone was going to purchase them 5 to 7 years ago but never sent the cash.

Sent you a pm.
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry for the large photo size. Still learning irfan.

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Notchback louver setup that came with the car when I bought it last year - Hammond was the brand - anyone else ever see these?

[This message has been edited by Jim88GT (edited 10-29-2017).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2017 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I REALLY wanted those, I was the only other person bidding against you for them. I TOTALLY forgot the auction was ending on Sunday evening, and I could kick myself I was willing to go up to $450.00 and my plan was to place that bid a few seconds before the auction closed.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-29-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock