JY TOUR by Col Sanders
Started on: 09-05-2017 04:28 PM
Replies: 4 (235 views)
Last post by: Col Sanders on 09-07-2017 09:12 AM
Col Sanders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Col SandersSend a Private Message to Col SandersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took my bi monthly JY tour. I love junk yards. Most of the time I just look. On my tour I came across a Mitsubishi 3000gt. I noticed the nice dash, mirrors and door panels. They would look sooo good in a Fiero. Dash is too wide and door panels are too long, I bet they could be shorten to fit. Just thinking now. I do not have a Fiero now but interest is gaining altitude. I owned a 86 gt 4 spd. years ago. Did moocho work on it. I'm at the end on my current project. Non Fiero related.
If I obtain another one it will be a 88 gt 5 spd. I'm into TDI'S. So maybe a TDI swap into the 88. Yea, I 'm aware that its been done. I would put MERA panels on it. Just dreaming at this point.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 3000GT dash has been done. It looks nothing short of amazing.
Look up the Plazma on this forum.
Sadly the original owner/builder of the car was killed in a motorcycle crash, a few years ago. His son has the car, but he has remained fairly quiet.

Edit - finally found a pic.

From this archived thread.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-081944.html

Edit - ...and another install.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-2-053916.html

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-05-2017).]

Col Sanders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Col SandersSend a Private Message to Col SandersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Raydar, I think I'll ask jy owner price for the parts, store them for later project. I knew they would look great in a Fiero. Wife will be thrilled to death with more parts in garage. LOL.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2017 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

The 3000GT dash has been done. It looks nothing short of amazing.
Look up the Plazma on this forum.
Sadly the original owner/builder of the car was killed in a motorcycle crash, a few years ago. His son has the car, but he has remained fairly quiet.

Edit - finally found a pic.

From this archived thread.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-081944.html

Edit - ...and another install.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-2-053916.html

I saw that car at Carlisle in the mid 90's when Alex was still alive. Overall the car is an amazing piece of fabrication. Everything fit to perfection. Also remember it having a Northstar engine.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Col Sanders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Col SandersSend a Private Message to Col SandersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the links. A very beautiful work of art !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock