fiero rear window louvers by fierofrenzy
Started on: 09-04-2017 11:13 AM
Replies: 3 (470 views)
Last post by: fierofrenzy on 09-04-2017 03:23 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just burning some time on this Labor Day off, so I want to ask a question on something I was always curious about, Fiero related of course. I once saw a photo of a Fiero with rear window louvers. What caught my eye was the fact that they rested on the rear window pillar ( for lack of better word ) and not right up against the glass. As a matter of fact, in the 17 years of my involvement with Fiero's, I only saw anything on this twice. Both in photos. One was on a Fiero for sale. I sent the seller a message asking if he'd sell me the louvers off the car, but got no reply, as I expected.
Years ago I actually had a set of the cheaper ABS plastic louvers but they were the style that mounted directly on the rear window glass itself. I was not impressed by the look or quality of these, so I sold the set.
Any info on these would be greatly appreciated. As an old school type guy, I always dug the look of louvers on certain vehicles, like the Boss Mustang or Torino. Any pictures would be great too. Thx beforehand.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you referring to a notch louver or fastback louver?

I have a set on my 88 fastback that I have never seen anywhere else.

[This message has been edited by boostedbird (edited 09-04-2017).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take a look at this thread. It has some good photos.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/136501.html

Also, read the comments in this thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-088063.html
You can try to get a hold of Lee ( Larini74 ) from that thread and he may be able to answer some questions.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, those are the louvers I'm talking about. But the ones I saw were of a much better quality. In the photos ( you sent ) the ones on the black notchy were Ok. the ones on the red one were terrible. I like the ones on the black GT though. Resemble a Delorian or Lotus if you ask me. I agree with a lot of the posts too. I see their dated a long time back. So I guess getting a set of these is near impossible, wouldn't you agree?
Oh, and by the way. I was referring to a notch back in my opening post.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock