3800 Swap Wiring Harness & Brackets by AndrewTHG
Started on: 08-15-2017 10:03 AM
Replies: 12 (1280 views)
Last post by: Brnlloyd on 01-07-2019 02:56 PM
AndrewTHG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndrewTHGSend a Private Message to AndrewTHGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgive me if this has been asked recently, but I was wondering if someone could let me know who (if anyone) is currently selling 3800 swap harnesses, 3800 engine mount brackets, and the 3800 low mount alternator bracket? Also, is the dogbone bracket necessary for a 3800 swap, and if so, who sells this too? I see that fierorog and FIEROFLYER used to sell the mounts and harness respectively, but could not find a recent thread regarding if they still were. Thanks in advance for any replies!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not understand the need for PM's in a thread like this. It happens to me all the time when I ask a question, instead of answering in the thread that I start, for everyone to see, I get responses in PM's. Then I get PM's asking about what the info was that the other person PM'd me about! LOL! Not picking on you specifically Joe, as it is NOT just you.

Post the relevant responses in the thread, and anyone else looking for the information, while doing a search, does not find the answer to the question was PM'd to someone else

FireoRog is the guy for all of the mounts you need for a 3800 swap. I purchased my engine mounts, transmission mounts, dog bone mount and lower alternator bracket from him. Everything lined up perfectly and just worked. You can find his thread here on the items he has. His phone number to call him directly is right in the first post in that thread.

Transmission Mount on Mike's (solman105) transmission:

Lower Alternator mount and Dog Bone bracket installed on my engine:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-07-2019).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My response to the OP was that I have made several harnesses for our in house swaps over the years and I would be happy to make one for him.

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On occasions a PM is simply a more efficient way to answer a question, get and respond to follow up questions and let the each other know the best time for both of them to communicate due to jobs, life etc. It also can stop people like me asking "Have you used the search feature ): ) It is also a great way to not have to put up with the inevitable back and forth that can occur when different people have different opinions on who makes the best 'widget' etc.

Many if not most of the items I have purchased from individuals here I have done via PM's after alerting the person they have a PM. It doesn't clutter up the forum and simply made the transaction or request for information quicker and easier.

OH, that 3800 look great!
AndrewTHG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndrewTHGSend a Private Message to AndrewTHGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys for the replies! Good to know everything is still around, as I am starting to plan for a swap and want to get the proverbial ducks in a row. Olejoedad, thanks for the offer, I will definitely be in touch. Also - to steve's last comment, that really is one excellent looking 3800! I've been following your other thread John and hope to see it running like a champ soon.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I guess PM's can be better in sdome cases. I have just searched for info so many times, and think I may have found a solution, just to get to the last post "You have a PM"

Joe, I certainly wish I knew you made harnesses before I went through all my issues with the one from FieroFlyer.

Thanks for the compliments on the engine. It has been a long road to get to that point, and there is still no end in sight as of yet.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB, you have a PM....
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB ,
How much time do you have in that engine ? I'm stilll on the fence on what to do with mine.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:

JohnWPB ,
How much time do you have in that engine ? I'm stilll on the fence on what to do with mine.

Check out my build thread starting on page 13. I blogged everything as I was doing it, so you can look at the dates of the posts, as well as information in the posts on how much time I spent.

vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
while i did send a pm, i figured it would be of use to others to ask the question here as well, what color and brand silver paint did you use on your engine and alternator? thanks!
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vette7584:

while i did send a pm, i figured it would be of use to others to ask the question here as well, what color and brand silver paint did you use on your engine and alternator? thanks!

I looked through every folder, and can not find the original to the image below. I think I reduced the size of the original image to post here, and no longer have the full size version. I can not make out the numbers in the reduced version here... sorry

Best I can tell from the image is color code 4230 maybe?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-07-2019).]

Brnlloyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2019 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrnlloydSend a Private Message to BrnlloydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for someone to make me a plug and play Ecotek harness. Let me know if anyone knows anyone who can do this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock