Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Photobucket today tells me no hot linking anymore. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Photobucket today tells me no hot linking anymore. by 2.5
Started on: 06-29-2017 09:10 AM
Replies: 94 (2543 views)
Last post by: motoracer838 on 01-27-2018 08:30 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally going through 1and1.com is a great way for people. Fairly quick setup, then you just FTP your images to your 1and1 hosting account and use your new awesome URL you setup. In my case captfiero.com/insertimage (link is just an example don't bother clicking on it.

They have entry level accounts for like 3 bucks a month or less. With that you get your own personal host for your own website to do with as you please, a crap ton of emails accounts, IE david@westcoastfieros.com or david@captfiero.com yes both are real accounts.

I am just lucky enough, I never used photobucket for anything over the years. I used to run my own web server from home, first with simple server, then got crazy with Apache. Hell talk to your ISP and see if its even against the rules any longer, so long as its not for business use. Now that we move so much data for stuff like Netflix and uploads to Facebook and even Bit Torrent, they must have some leeway for allowing you to host your own images.

Either way, the worst part about it for me at least, is seeing my friends build threads get destroyed. RBS II with John Carlo is a personal friend of mine, so I really feel bad for what happened. I wish someone smarter than me could find out a way to run a batch file to scan all the URL's, download them, then re-upload them to even my personal server in the same folder structure and at the same time change the URL link in the threads to my server with the same file name. I am not explaining it correctly but I hope someone understands what I am asking or at least trying to do. I am fairly sure it would need to be ran by Cliff with root access to the forum. So maybe it won't work for the batch, but, if anyone is interested in getting a 1and1 domain, please let me know, and I'll give you a link to use. Yes I do get a kickback for people signing up. Not actual money but they take a few bucks off my quarterly bill. (I have the big $120 a year package)

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MS3 Gold Box 6.0 LS Turbo.

Price Drop!!! Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front. For Sale $3750 USD

IP: Logged
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They also have an Opera version which works perfectly for me. I can see EVERY picture that is hosted on Photobucket.

Opera version: https://addons.opera.com/en...tobucket-hotlink-fix
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2017 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you are thinking about becoming your own photo hosting service, with your own website, this is who I use and I love it, turns out they are cheaper than I thought, packages starting at $0.99 ya 99 cents per month.

https://www.1and1.com/creat...2T7073a&kwk=19119381

David

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT , 5spd Custom Exhaust. MS3 Gold Box 6.0 LS Turbo.

Price Drop!!! Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front. For Sale $3750 USD

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2017 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://imagetwist.com/ You can even make money.
Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2017 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m4Fastback (edited 10-21-2017).]

Fiero2m4Fastback

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2017 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m4FastbackSend a Private Message to Fiero2m4FastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero2m4Fastback

160 posts
Member since Sep 2017

Originally posted by Australian:

http://imagetwist.com/ You can even make money.

Doesn't seem to work

Edit, never mind it's works and if people click the picture, they get adult ads/popups, no thanks.

[This message has been edited by Fiero2m4Fastback (edited 10-21-2017).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see everyone trying multiple sites to host images on, and some of them are even working. Guess what? PhotoBucket USED to work as well until they pulled the plug. The same can and probably is going to happen with all these sites that people are trying.

The best option, with all of it's hassles, is to use PIP. You may need to use a different computer, or even send the image to a friend to post with PIP for you. That is the ONLY way the files are pretty much guaranteed to remain.

As for posting images through the forum here, unfortunately I do not see this ever happening. There have been COUNTLESS threads on how bad PIP is, and how every other forum on the web allows you to upload images right when you create your post, nothing has changed. Cliff has been saying for some years now he is working on a solution. This is really old forum software, and it must be hard to incorporate image uploading. I know it can be done, as tons of other phpBB sites have uploading capabilities. (phpBB is the software that is used for Pennocks Forums)
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The best option, with all of it's hassles, is to use PIP. You may need to use a different computer, or even send the image to a friend to post with PIP for you. That is the ONLY way the files are pretty much guaranteed to remain.

This is what I don't understand. I use PIP all the time and have never had any issues setting it up. I used it on XP and both 32 and 64 bit Win 7. It takes all of 2 minutes to install and configure yet people somehow cannot figure out how to install and use it. Also the web browser extensions all work perfectly yet again, people are trying to sway everyone to use yet another hosting site. I don't get it......it doesn't get much more simple than a browser plugin or PIP.
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2017 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just started using PIP maybe 2 months ago, super easy to use. Photobucket was going down hill fast with all the adds loading, took forever to upload anything anymore. Glad I was forced to make the switch.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rarely use a PC to share content and browse the forum. Photobucket worked and still works for my phone but it was a hassle and there's the obvious impending lock down as I keep uploading. Until there's a mobile or general browser solution to upload to the forum, its not likely I'll be adding many pictures to the forum.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

This is what I don't understand. I use PIP all the time and have never had any issues setting it up. I used it on XP and both 32 and 64 bit Win 7. It takes all of 2 minutes to install and configure yet people somehow cannot figure out how to install and use it. Also the web browser extensions all work perfectly yet again, people are trying to sway everyone to use yet another hosting site. I don't get it......it doesn't get much more simple than a browser plugin or PIP.

Sure PIP works. I now use it, but can only post pics from my home computer, after sending the pics to my computer, and then resizing them.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI... it looks like Photobucket is backing away from the $399 plan. They are now offering a $100 plan for non-commercial use. My current plan has been $39.99 for several years and I have until Dec 2018 to do something, but I think I will wait for the next offer to come around...

For those of us that post pictures on multiple forums, PIP only works for PFF. So we have to come up with something a little more universal. For the last 6 months or so, I have been hosing my own pictures from my website (and plan to continue doing so), but with thousands of historical posts and pictures over the years, I will gladly pay (and have been paying) a reasonable annual fee to avoid going back and reworking every post.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how they distinguish commercial use?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2018 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I wonder how they distinguish commercial use?

http://photobucket.com/p500/
*Commercial usage dictates selling products or services on your websites or commerce websites such as Amazon and Ebay
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering how that new "business" plan was working for them... $100 a year is still ransom, frack photosuckit...

Joe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock