Exhaust cut out by homer6679
Started on: 06-24-2017 12:15 PM
Replies: 21 (389 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 06-26-2017 01:18 PM
homer6679

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking to make my exhaust louder but don't quite have the money for a hole new system. I am leaning towards a QTP exhaust cut out just after the catalytic converter. Has anybody done this to their car?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take hole saw to the bottom of the muffler, make holes till u have the tone u want. Itll act like turndowns. Or take the muffler off

shem
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
get the cat delete pipe from the fiero store. Makes the car sound great.

Here is the page its on there. Its halfway down listed as a head pipe.

https://www.fierostore.com/...rowse.aspx?d=389&p=1

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would get the cat delete pipe, but it's illegal to take out a catalytic converter. I like the idea of drilling holes in the muffler given by Shem. Wouldn't that sound like an exhaust leak though?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by homer6679:

I like the idea of drilling holes in the muffler given by Shem.

You're just jerking us around, right?

If not, remove both exhaust manifolds and have six angry exhaust ports barking directly into the atmosphere. It'll sound magnificent... plus you'll never need to worry about your exhaust manifolds ever cracking!
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shem's idea is free and loud. Perfect for a high schooler
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm looking to make my exhaust louder but don't quite have the money for a hole new system. I am leaning towards a QTP exhaust cut out just after the catalytic converter. Has anybody done this to their car?

Do you have to get inspections on your car each year? We dont have to do them hear as long as your car is obd I then you will never have to get them.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews

homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not have to get emissions tested. My grandpa told me that I do have to pass sound testing however.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have cats or mufflers on the LS4 and the police don't bother me
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do not have to get emissions tested. My grandpa told me that I do have to pass sound testing however.

Sucks. I have used that pipe on everyone of the 11 fieros that I have owned with no issues. Be on the lookout for a Borla system for your car then. This would be the best way to go. It has a nice rumlbe to it and you should pass with that on your car.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews

homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

homer6679

87 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Don't know how I posted that last msg twice but anyway, if I get the cut out then I could pass the test when it comes and then just have the straight pipe from the cut out when I wanna hear the sound which will be 99.9% of the time. Or I could go with a new system and just have it be louder all the time.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is one of my fieros with the cat cut out and the fiero store pipe

here is with the cat and muffler cut out. I miss this car the most

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 06-25-2017).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Here is one of my fieros with the cat cut out and the fiero store pipe...

Boy: "That was way loud, dad."
Old man: "I know... isn't it great!"

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-26-2017).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get the car delete pipe
From the fiero store
I have it and my car sounds great
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was joking about the hole saw to the muffler lol.. But I have seen people do it w mixed results. Id just take the muff off- easy to undo if u ever need it back on

shem
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the muffler just bolt on then?
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2017 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off, leave the catalytic converter alone....do not delete it. You could try an electric exhaust cutout (basically flick a switch and the muffler is bypassed to open exhaust). More work to install, but gives you best of both worlds.
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the muffler just bolt on then?
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

homer6679

87 posts
Member since Feb 2017
Don't know how I keep posting doubles, sorry
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were in Ontario, cops don't check for this anymore unless your car is obnoxiously loud! deleting it makes it sound better with a deeper throaty sound. not that loud.

Originally posted by Neils88:

First off, leave the catalytic converter alone....do not delete it. You could try an electric exhaust cutout (basically flick a switch and the muffler is bypassed to open exhaust). More work to install, but gives you best of both worlds.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My '88 Formula. IMO, This is how a 2.8 Fiero should sound. Ported exhaust manifolds, factory muffler, and yes... factory cat.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock