New Fiero Owner, Hello! by camronnie
Started on: 02-27-2017 08:30 PM
Replies: 9 (367 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 03-07-2017 08:30 PM
camronnie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for camronnieSend a Private Message to camronnieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone! Just dropping in to say I just picked up my first Fiero, an '88 Formula with 73k miles and am loving it! I referenced a lot of information in these threads before finally picking it up, so thank you all in advance for all the information that can be found on here.

[This message has been edited by camronnie (edited 02-27-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2009 Dodge Charger
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NOS I see what you pushing HP wise with that?
camronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for camronnieSend a Private Message to camronnieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't even used it yet, only have had it for 4 days now, still getting the feel of the car without the NOS, I've got no idea what to even expect from it. I also don't know what the car is making HP wise, but it has a cold air intake, headers, and free flowing cat and I don't have any complains in the power dept currently. I've been told it doesn't have a tune, so I'm putting in a wideband this week to make sure it isn't running way out of spec, and we'll just go from there.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2017 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, looks like a fun car. Welcome to the forum.
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2017 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!! Silver and a Formula not many in that configuration

------------------
Pat Jones

78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2017 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, very nice looking Formula you have there!
Jess
FTrader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2017 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTraderSend a Private Message to FTraderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the notchback. Looks like a nice, clean car. Back in the day, I had a 2.5 V6 Probe with an 80 shot of NOS. It ran a 5.8s 0-60 and 13.7 @ 103 quarter. Stock was 7.0s and 15.9 @ 89. There's no way I'd use nitrous on my fiero, though. I could only imagine how many things would break. Haha! But I've got more miles than you, and probably more leaks. lol

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by FTrader (edited 03-04-2017).]

camronnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for camronnieSend a Private Message to camronnieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still haven't hit the NOS yet, I want to make sure everything is running well first haha. I found the original NOS box, it's a 50 shot. I've got the AEM wideband in, and have quickly realized that the pipe flange "quick connects" that have been used from the headers to the Y pipe are NOT meant for sealing the exhaust properly, which is no doubt making the stock O2 sensor go mad. I think I've got the leaks taken care of for now, we'll see how long it lasts. Just got the USB scan tool, so onto taking a peek at the other sensors, hopefully NOS is around the corner!
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF! Congratulations on a great car!

Honestly though, I wouldn't bother with the NOS until you are ready to do your first engine swap. NOS is great on new engines that are built to handle the extra power. Older, tired engines don't last long with it. 50 shot isn't too much, so it may be ok for a while.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock