Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Where are YOU in the Fiero lifecycle? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where are YOU in the Fiero lifecycle? by tshark
Started on: 02-18-2017 11:47 AM
Replies: 82 (1490 views)
Last post by: tshark on 03-03-2017 08:09 AM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But I may return to it if health improves and when we sell this property and return to west Texas.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I may have missed some steps.

I would rate myself now, after 20+ years of Fiero ownership as...

Still interested, but beginning to wander.

After keeping my eyes open for the last year, I've recently purchased a 5-spd '98 JDM Subaru Impreza STi wagon... 300 HP, AWD, room for five adults, cargo space in the back, goes like hell. I'm basically spending almost all of my free time reading over various Subaru forums (to learn about this new to me platform), and then putting this knowledge to work by restoring and "tweaking" the Impreza.

I still have multiple Fieros, but the plan is to cull the herd and just keep my '88 Formula.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-18-2017).]

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought in 1991, owner for life.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12. Owned various Fieros over the past almost 18 years. Currently own one. Trying to get rid of it. I still think they're great cars but my health & finances preclude Fiero ownership. Probably never get another one after this one is gone.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hot rodding doesn't come and go..
Got into the car as I didn't want a fwd daily.. and this fits..
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somewhere around 6.9
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm somewhere in the 3-4-5 continuum. I currently have a complete custom front suspension and a bunch of go-fast goodies for the engine sitting on shelves, waiting for me to stop finding other things to do.

Edit to add:

To be more specific, I will basically always be at #3, because my Fiero is a perpetual build project. However, I do have other interests. And the Fiero often takes back-seat to them. So I sometimes wander into #4 or even #5 territory. But at some point, I'll get the urge to tinker with the Fiero, and cool stuff will happen.

I can also tell you that my Fiero won't be going away anytime soon. I've owned the car for over 19 years now. And I'll probably keep it until I'm too old and decrepit to drive or work on it.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 02-19-2017).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the 4,5,6 area. Won't sell my Fiero but it's hard to do much with 3 kids under 5. My 5 series BMW is as much fun, as modded as my Fiero and I can fit everyone in it to go to a car show or just for a cruise.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: The other summer car
03 BMW X5: bad weather car

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88FieroGT TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am a solid 3---owned fieros since 1986 new off the lot

------------------
Pat Jones

PFF
System Bot
f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 3-5. My wife has been 7 from the beginning. She cried the night i brought my first fiero home. She's never ridden in it......it's the other woman. Somehow, she knew, before I did, that I'd spend countless hours daydreaming about driving, modding, swapping, and wrenching on my fiero. I've had to take a step back recently to pay more attention to her (the wife) and it seems to be paying off. I'll be back in the garage before you know it!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the 3-5 range and get to daily drive a 382 whp Fiero... The fun for me is solving unique engine/transmission/brake swap challenges... I find the cookie cutter stuff a little boring.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased my 88 fiero back in 2000. I'm on my 4th engine swap. It's just hard to keep in it with the kids. They love it. I'll probably drive it daily for a while come spring. I would love to make it to a few events this year. I guess I fit in the 3, 4, 5 area.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not on the list.

I have owned my car going on 32 years. In those years I go in cycles were some years I am all in and then I take a year it two off. I will drive the car and hit a couple shows in the down years. But in the up years I do more driving for fun and Cruize ins.

I get other toys that come and go but the Fiero remains as it was my first new car, Also I have been to and through a lot with the car. It is my own creation in mods and has gotten me in to do things I never thought I would ever get to do. I have been invited to display the car for GM and Summi Racing. I have drive at tracks I never thought I woul ever drive on.

So the list here is not really going to follow this path As I have my own cycle.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased my 88 fiero back in 2000. I'm on my 4th engine swap. It's just hard to keep in it with the kids. They love it. I'll probably drive it daily for a while come spring. I would love to make it to a few events this year. I guess I fit in the 3, 4, 5 area.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm at 11.
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my 88 GT in 88 and while it still went out occasionally, I was really at 'been there done that' for several years as had kids and other interests. Now that my kids can drive and they have developed the Fiero interest, we have expanded to three fieros and spend more time figuring out what we are going to do next, back to interest, driving them and improving them. My wife has never complained as I had my car before her, but when she wants to buy something I'm not interested in, I get the old How much do you spend on those cars treatment
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be in between the 2-3. I bought my 86 GT last October as my daily for high school and back and it gets the girls hahaha. But, I love working on it and I going to go to the Northwest Fiero Fest this summer.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4. Aim to maintain in stock condition or at least use Fiero components.

Still driving the '84 SE 4 speed I ordered (before 4 kids) in Sep'83 that took until May'84 to arrive. (Other vehicles used for family transportation.)
Might be on the short list of the longest single owner continuously registered and driven Fieros.

Bought a 3200 mile Formula 5 speed in 2008 (post-wife); it's an evening, weekend, car show, fair weather car.

Bought a very solid '86 2.5L 5 speed coupe in 2011 that needed mostly cosmetic TLC and swapped in a'87 Duke after a couple of years.
Swaps daily driver duty with the '84.
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anywhere between 3 and 6 depending on what day of the week it is, or the phase of the moon..

Still ordering parts, still looking for a Formula just in case the one in April does not pan out.....
I truly believe I will never be a serious 7 until I can no longer get in or out of one.
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.8 all the way
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4. Maintain, satisfied

Started in late 83, buying a new 84 Sport 4 sp
Traded in for a new 85 SE V6 4 sp
Traded in for new 87 GT Blue 5 sp ( still own )
Bought used 88 Formula 5 sp ( still own )
Bought used 87 blue 4 cyl coupe (sold)
Bought used 88 Formula TDI ( still own ) Daily driver
madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was a # 6 ,but with fieroguru working on ls4 swap i'm leaning towards #1.
JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At a 3. I Love my GT. I want to keep it and maintain it, and drive it in the warm months. The only thing that makes my interest wane is finding a good mechanic to work on it. I have 2 Nissans and I drive them more, because with the Fiero it is always a major issue for a minor problem. Overpriced service is a huge issue. My other cars that I bought new are so much easier to keep maintained. There is no substitute for knowing where they have been. And my GT is a very good car!! I can't imagine if it had real problems! But I am hanging in there!!!!

------------------
JJFieroFan

85 2m6 (85-91) Black
85 2m6 (CLONE) (00-14) Black
My cars now:
87 Fiero GT (13-now) Back in Black
07 Nissan Murano SL AWD (07-now)
15 Nissan Juke S AWD (15-now)

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got another Fiero last year after a few years without. I'm at about 3, heavily collecting parts and tools for a major build. I'm expecting to start it in the next few weeks but I might post the thread on another forum like GRM. This form was much more active 6 or 7 years ago with lots of projects going on. Now it's a ghost town and the few posts aren't usually more than a quick 3 response thread.

[This message has been edited by TommyRocker (edited 02-19-2017).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand I'd be part of the exodus but I don't know that I want to bother posting in multiple spots and I know that GRM welcomes ambitious and unusual builds and has a huge knowledge base.
PFF
System Bot
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say I'm in the 3 - 5 range. Stage 3: Attend events, always buying parts and always doing something different to my 86GT. Stage 4: Maintaining, but like most never really satisfied. There is some things more to do. Stage 5: Not really sure if I have done that or been there yet. There is always tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Cajun (edited 02-19-2017).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

This forum was much more active 6 or 7 years ago with lots of projects going on. Now it's a ghost town and the few posts aren't usually more than a quick 3 response thread.

You could always post it on the forty various scattered Facebook groups which took away all the traffic.

Who is GRM if I may ask?

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly I sold everything. Only have the Indy Vin list and Track list. Even sold all my parts. I do have all records and items from the old Cleveland Fiero club still. Rick B
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Wow. Lots of responses, already.

6.9, huh? There seems to be a trend to the numerically higher end of the spectrum.

Yeah, I keep hoping to get out of the burned out stage but literally every time I touch the car I sucks money out of my pockets. They have nearly bankrupted me and I have to purposely ignore them.

Maybe after my son is out of college and I have more disposable income the love will come back.

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grassroots Motorsports.

Originally posted by css9450:

You could always post it on the forty various scattered Facebook groups which took away all the traffic.

Who is GRM if I may ask?

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Yeah, I keep hoping to get out of the burned out stage but literally every time I touch the car I sucks money out of my pockets. They have nearly bankrupted me and I have to purposely ignore them.

Maybe after my son is out of college and I have more disposable income the love will come back.

I have been lucky as with low miles and being a original owner it keep cost low.

This is why I always tell people buy the lowest mile cars they can. I see too many buy high mile cars cheap and nickel and dine themselves to more than the price of the lower mile car.

This goes for any car not just Fieros.

My cost are mostly gas and insurance since I went to historic plates. I has to buy tires about two years ago as my Comp TAs were older than the car. I got them for free from BFG after they used them for advertising and they sat in storage for a while. They were in good shape with no cracks but they were getting hard.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2017 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I have been lucky as with low miles and being a original owner it keep cost low.

This is why I always tell people buy the lowest mile cars they can. I see too many buy high mile cars cheap and nickel and dine themselves to more than the price of the lower mile car.

This goes for any car not just Fieros.

My cost are mostly gas and insurance since I went to historic plates. I has to buy tires about two years ago as my Comp TAs were older than the car. I got them for free from BFG after they used them for advertising and they sat in storage for a while. They were in good shape with no cracks but they were getting hard.

Well I mostly exaggerate, most of my expense is because I get carried away.

Both my first two Fieros were relatively low miles (around 50,000) and provided years of relatively trouble free daily driving. But then the modification bug hit and then the I need 3 or more Fieros bug hit. And I need a t-top Fiero bug hit. And then the I need a V8 Chop top bug hit and before you know it I dumped tens of thousands of dollars into my Fieros, which I will never see again. And to make matters worse now none of them run, and for the most part it's simple or easy to fix things, but I know as soon as I get them running I'm gong to want a brake upgrade or new wheels or new Mr Mike's seats covers. I am my own worst enemy.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2017 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe at this time I'm ready to move on
Once it warms up and I find a new place to live I'm gonna sell the car on Craigslist
madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2017 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol , jscott1 remarks are so true. Maybe this ls4 swap will be the last motor swap? Or maybe will stop after the tesla motor swap? Thats what i'm always doing.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock