Hot Rod Power Tour 2017 by ltlgt88
Started on: 01-25-2017 06:05 PM
Replies: 10 (668 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 05-26-2017 11:06 AM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hot Rod Power Tour is coming through Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana again this year. This is the “World’s Largest Car Enthusiast Road Trip”. More Than 5000 vehicles participate during the whole week, traveling approximately 1500-1800 miles together.

This year’s dates are.
• June 10 – Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, MO
• June 11 – Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
• June 12 – Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa
• June 13 – University of Illinois (State Farm Center) in Champaign, Illinois
• June 14 – Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois
• June 15 – Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana
• June 16 – Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky

The trip is not just about the shows at these venues, but about the road trip through America with thousands of other car enthusiast all going the same route. May of times interstates are not used, allowing you to see small town America.

Shows run between 12pm-6pm (come and go as you want, non-judged), and continue into the hotel parking lots at night. Most participants are on the road traveling to the next stop by about 6-8 am. The detailed travel route won’t out until about 1-3 weeks before the actual tour.

A few Fiero’s from Illinois and Texas are planning to attend for the whole week. If you are interested in participating in this event please get a hold of myself, Scott Campbell or visit Hotrod.com/events

The week is unforgettable and you will be hooked for future year. (This is my 10th )

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 03-21-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott, I beat you by a few hours! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097270.html

I will be long hauling again this year and might even offer to host a cookout for the Champaign stop as I live 4 miles from the venue. The only issue is parking as I live on the end of a cul-de-sac, but there are other side streets we could line with Fieros and my house would be a short walk.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That list of cities works great for me. Will be visiting three stops on the list for sure.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2017 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice write up can be found here if anyone is curious about power tour.

http://www.iowaspeedway.com...June-10-16-2017.html
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on doing the Long Haul this year.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The issue that the HRPT has is finding venues that can support the large number of cars that make the tour. The places that always come up are race track or other large sporting event places. 2010 was at Newton IA ( I84 Truck stop is near by), 2010 was at the Warren County Regional Airport, 2011 was at the Indianapolis Motor speedway, just down the road from Lucas Oil Raceway. 2015 was at Gateway Race Track in Madison IL and at the University of IL. Champaign, IL.

The issue I had was that the venues, with so many cars getting into the venue, took a long time.

It works well if you have a navigator, you can follow the detailed route, or what I did was set the next venue onto my GPS and follow the route it spit out.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First stop had been announced.

Arrowhead Stadium - Kansas City, MO

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12, 15(Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)
Power Tour 2 stops 2016

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I plan on doing the Long Haul this year.

Thumbs up
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2017 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are less than a month away, so who is going and what are your plans?

I am registered as a long hauler and plan to drive to KC MO on Friday so I can open the venue up on Saturday.

Right now the Indy and Bowling Green stops are in question. I have a high level customer starting up a job at the plant on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, so hopefully it goes well and I only need to spend a few hrs in the plant on Thursday (which is 2 hrs from the Indy venue).

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to get last minute things buttoned up before the Dells Run

Then I have 5 days to reset for Power Tour.

I am picking up a friend in Davenport at 9.
Leaving Round Lake,IL @ 5:30 am going through Belvidere/Rockford area on 20 to 39, then 88, to 80 to Des Moines then South....

Who is all going...I know we have guru, myself, and mfred

Anyone else?
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2017 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plan on going to KC for the first day only because I will be up there for my Girlfriend's Fitness show. Will have to catch you guys there at Arrowhead. Might be in the Fiero too, not decided yet.

-Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors