Started on: 10-16-2016 08:42 PM
Replies: 50 (977 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-31-2016 09:33 AM
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hey Neil, you've got good taste in cars... Fieros and the '94 Elantra. I bought a used one 11 years ago (found my first PFF reference to it Here)... and it's still going strong.

We've owned three Elantras (plus an Accent and a Santa Fe). Always been really happy with Hyundais.

Can't go wrong with an Elantra and a Fiero in the driveway...
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Can't go wrong with an Elantra and a Fiero in the driveway...

My driveway has several other Fieros ... but here's a cropped shot (that I had taken a couple years ago of the blown-down boulevard tree) which shows the mighty Elantra and the even mightier Duke ('84 Fiero).

fastback97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback97Send a Private Message to fastback97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello. My first car ever was my 87 gt. I was 17 and the car was only 10 years old at the time. Even though I loved loved loved my car it broke down a lot! But with 167000 when I bought it and being beaten on by teenagers probably for most of those miles it was to be expected. The worst problem I had was the crappie automatic transmission. Went through at least 3 of them. None were ever new though. One I got from a Chevy celebrity. I now own a 85 gt as well. It fortunately has the 4 speed manual. So for first car? 20 years later? No way! Lol. I love them to death though.
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad,
I am around the Highland area

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Traffic calmed area. (sign)
Is that like saying drive slower?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Sounds like Chicago's idea of "traffic calming" - speed bumps! Sounds more "Frustrating" than "Calming".

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Here in Vancouver it usually means these !@#$% traffic circles are up ahead. I hate them.

I like greenery.. but not in the middle of the street! I don't know how many times a cyclist or pedestrian has all of a sudden appeared in front of me while driving through a side-street intersection, but they're often hidden until the last moment by the damn overgrown plants. It rains here a lot... so anything planted grows and grows! Of course, being in a low car... like a Fiero... makes trying to see over these thriving plants even more difficult.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-27-2016).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was my first car (bought in 1988, when I was only 18)....'77 Triumph TR7 (closest thing to a Fiero that I could get). My neighbor had a Fiero ('86 GT), but obviously way out of my price range at the time. Let's face it, TR7s could not be listed as a reliable car either, even when they were only 11 years old. It was a terrible car for going out on dates....we always seemed to breakdown and have to walk... But as a teenager, I still managed to survive with an unreliable first car.

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2016 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Always been really happy with Hyundais.

My only experience is with their sister company, Kia. I have a 2013 Soul with the 1.6 and 6 speed manual with 37k miles that I'm not in love with. So far it has been reliable, but the build quality is awful. Interior trim pieces falling off, occasionally have to push the bumper cover back into place and the clutch shudders from a stop when the temp/condensation is just right which is apparently "normal". The car takes an insanely long time to warm up when it's really cold out. I know I will not be buying another Kia/Hyundai in the future. I'll stick with Nissan, as I have in the past.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2016 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forget it! Love the fiero, but has been said it will require a whole heck of alot of work to keep it rolling. Not to mention you will end up with a garage filled with parts, manuals, new tools (AWESOME), and basically become a mechanic or whatever. If you have a good backup OK but first car. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2016 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This was my first car (bought in 1988, when I was only 18)....'77 Triumph TR7 (closest thing to a Fiero that I could get). My neighbor had a Fiero ('86 GT), but obviously way out of my price range at the time. Let's face it, TR7s could not be listed as a reliable car either, even when they were only 11 years old. It was a terrible car for going out on dates....we always seemed to breakdown and have to walk... But as a teenager, I still managed to survive with an unreliable first car.

Its how you learn cars

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-31-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors