Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How many forum members from NC out there?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How many forum members from NC out there? by adm927
Started on: 09-25-2016 02:16 PM
Replies: 22 (315 views)
Last post by: Detainabull on 09-30-2016 12:54 PM
adm927

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering how many forum members there are out there from NC? I know there are some, but NC is a big state. Are there ever any events here?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm located out of Rocky Mount / Greenville NC.

There's really not a lot out here as far as Fiero events, although the Tarheel Tigers Pontiac Club does hold an all Pontiac car show every summer. The first year I went I was the only Fiero out there (I won best Fiero by default), and the next year there were two others. I haven't made it the past two years, but the guys out there are really nice and fairly laid back. I'll be bringing both of my cars to next year's show.

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC swap in progress

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Raleigh.

We used to have get togethers once in in a while around here or out towards Greensboro but not been anything for a good while that I can recall.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just moved down here ,in mt holly, just west of clt , didnt sell my fieros,so ill be bringing them down.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Wake Forest, stone throw from Raleigh. Glad to see more members in NC than I thought....

------------------
88 GT
Choptop, Vertical Door Hinges
Lowered Suspension w/ 13" Brake Disk
CarPC - WinXP Pro (GT Sport Edition)
+ a lot more.....

adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So far it looks like 4 members. Lol I guess I wot be totally alone. Maybe a few more will show up.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://ncfiero.com/

Not real active, but maybe some new members on their forum might perk things up. Some real knowledgeable guys there with some great cars.

Spirit seldom visits PFF, but he's over in the Vale area and there's another man with a black 85GT that's over in the lake area, just west of Charlotte. I think he's in Mt. Holly, too.
PontiacTate

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacTateSend a Private Message to PontiacTateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Goldsboro, stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB. I'd be down for a meet as long as it's within an hour. Don't know if I would trust the car at this moment on a drive longer then that. lol. It's a work In progress.
Tate
krodyob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for krodyobSend a Private Message to krodyobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in Huntesville, right next to Lake Norman.

Tom
gtjoe

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtjoeSend a Private Message to gtjoeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in Burgaw
adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2016 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like more than I thought. Keep em coming.
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2016 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could find a job down there, you could count me in.
flyntus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flyntusSend a Private Message to flyntusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm from Winston Salem. Don't get on PFF too much anymore.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Raleigh. I haven't done much Fiero stuff in a while. There are some Cars & Coffee cruise-ins in the area that I attended occasionally, but I usually take my TA. I haven't seen many Fieros at cruise-ins in a while.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by fierofool:

http://ncfiero.com/

Not real active, but maybe some new members on their forum might perk things up. Some real knowledgeable guys there with some great cars.

Spirit seldom visits PFF, but he's over in the Vale area and there's another man with a black 85GT that's over in the lake area, just west of Charlotte. I think he's in Mt. Holly, too.

When I go to the NC Fiero forums and try to open a forum link at work, our cybersecurity blocks it detecting an "Exploit Kit." I don't know what's running on that site, but I've never seen that alert on PFF or any other car forum from work.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only access it from my PC. Never tried my phone or the wife's tablet or laptop. I've never seen that alert. What does it mean? I don't think the guys up there have any intent other than to talk Fieros.
adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was on there yesterday with no issues.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I only access it from my PC. Never tried my phone or the wife's tablet or laptop. I've never seen that alert. What does it mean? I don't think the guys up there have any intent other than to talk Fieros.

I don't know exactly, but it sounds like it detected an exploit of some kind.

Originally posted by adm927:

I was on there yesterday with no issues.

That you know of. You're not aware of anything your PC doesn't detect.
This wasn't detected by my PC, it was detected by my work's network security. It may be nothing, but it's something I've never run into on other sites.

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this:

Exploit kits are a type of malicious toolkit used to exploit security holes found in software applications (Adobe Reader, etc) for the purpose of spreading malware. These kits come with pre-written exploit code and target users running insecure or outdated software applications on their computers.Feb 11, 2013

It must be a part of the bulletin board software. I just don't think they would purposely infect anyone with malware. AVG, WebRoot, or ESET has never detected it on my PC. but that's just home anti-virus and anti-malware programs. I'm sure commercial programs are much more capable.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2016 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It must be a part of the bulletin board software. I just don't think they would purposely infect anyone with malware.

Quite possible, but the source of the exploit doesn't matter. I just wanted to give people a heads up. Maybe that will also give NC Fieros a heads up that they may have malware on their site they aren't aware of.
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI guys,

I'm in Durham, about 15 minutes from Brier Creek to give relation to Raleigh.

I run the NCFiero site. I'll have to ask why that alert popped up. I keep the BB software up to date, and there are security controls on the domain. It might be a false alert because of some of the java elements that are in the site.

I will reach out to the hosting company to double check from their end and I can prod it from the end user side some more.

PFF
System Bot
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys, I'm glad there are other Fieros around. I would be open for a meet-n greet within a couple hours of home. How about one of you arrange one before really cold weather? I'll be willing to help set it up if someone chimes in. Don't know where the location would be as I live near Hickory, NC but willing to travel. Just post and will try to make it anywhere within reason.
Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2016 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in Durham, NC. Cars nowhere close to being done but I'm making progress on it!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock