Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  If you enjoy using this site, please read. Cliff needs our help to keep site open.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
If you enjoy using this site, please read. Cliff needs our help to keep site open. by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 04-22-2016 11:47 PM
Replies: 6 (303 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 04-23-2016 11:48 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a link to Cliff's post. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/116185.html It looks serious this time.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

You may have noticed no ads are being displayed anymore. There's usually one at the top of a thread page and one at the bottom. But, Google has disabled all ad serving to Fiero.nl. Why? Because a while back, somebody started a thread with subject "Pedoph****" and in that thread a few images were posted of girls over 18, but with the clear intention of looking much younger. Google's bots found that thread (even though by now it was already archived) and it caused ad serving to be disabled site wide because it's a violation that Google considers very severe.

Google's FAQ says that after such a violation, their decision to disable ad serving on a site is usually final. But I've already deleted the thread and appealed their decision. Hopefully they will enable ad serving since without it, I will not be able to keep the site up because it would be too big a burden for me financially.

So the moral of the story? You might think it's fun to post stuff like that. But the consequences for Fiero.nl can be severe. So please be careful what you post.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

My appeal has been denied... Not sure what to do next. I can't keep this forum running without the ads.

Here's a path to donate to Cliff and to help keep this site running.. //www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi?donate

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-23-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you look over this section before posting? Click
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Did you look over this section before posting? Click

I actually did look, did not see any posts under General Fiero chat at the time. I did see the post in OT, where Cliff said "I can't keep this forum running without the ads" . Well maybe, just maybe if enough of us pitched in, we all could help keep this place running with out adds. rinselberg made a post also, guess his was okay.

Wondering why your calling me out for trying to help ? .... I was trying to do something good.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-23-2016).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Wondering why your calling me out for trying to help ? .... I was trying to do something good.

"calling you out" ??? You can't be serious.

There didn't seem to be any point in you duplicating a thread already started in this section that already had 75 posts in it and was at (or very near) the top of the list.

I glad you're concerned about the forum. I'm concerned as well.
pro street dave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep the ADS
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

"calling you out" ??? You can't be serious.

There didn't seem to be any point in you duplicating a thread already started in this section that already had 75 posts in it and was at (or very near) the top of the list.

I glad you're concerned about the forum. I'm concerned as well.

One positive way to look at CoolBlues post is the more posts there are the chances of EVERONE seeing the problem is greatly increased.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

One positive way to look at CoolBlues post is the more posts there are the chances of EVERONE seeing the problem is greatly increased.

I thought it was important to put the link out there, for those that can to help donate. I hope Cliff can find a way to keep the doors open.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock