Battle Scars and a Facelift 88' CJB Comeback by Bozzie
Started on: 04-22-2016 04:45 PM
Replies: 37 (996 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-06-2016 10:39 AM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the New to me 88' CJB. She had a fire in the battery compartment but im going to bring her BACK. Already has a 3800SC with 5 sp. Leather interior / T Top, theres a lot to LOVE !! This is where I start with the Rebuild.....................

Bringing her home

She couldn't get out of this salvage yard fast enough !!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the Shop at last. Getting ready to access the damage.

Damage. Seams to be from shorted wiring from the starter wires. Positive and negative cables shielding rubbed thru and started a spark in the area of the battery. It must of burned quick and put out quick because besides the wiring and back window and upper body area, the damage is contained to a small area.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Started to take off the upper clip. We cut it at the roofline because I didn't want to take the interior out just yet to remove the bolts. Took out the cooked battery , shattered rear window and cut most of the wires that were damaged.

Next steps are to remove the cradle and rewire a new engine harness and rear vehicle harness. For now just cleaning up all the charred remains, glass, wiring.
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much did it cost you?
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car would have been mine if I would have registered and had the ability to purchase right away...

Congrats on the pickup!!! I will be watching with ENVY! :P

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if the original owner has recovered yet.....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Okay, I've got to ask... when a Fiero is picked up in that manner, does it damage anything underneath?
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great find! Glad you are saving it from an early grave. Someone put a lot of time and money into that car.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Okay, I've got to ask... when a Fiero is picked up in that manner, does it damage anything underneath?

The forklift sustains little to no damage when lifting a FIERO in that manner.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about the coolant tubes?

Originally posted by steve308:

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
I see the Previous owner addressed the heat situation that this engine develops in the engine compartment.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Nice car. I like the little extras that were added.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Best of luck, will be watching.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2016 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see one being saved instead of scrapped, especially an 88 CJB. Keep posting updates, please!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all your replys. This is definatly one to save. The underside is as new. I can compare it to my 88' 512 Project with 32K original miles.....underside is flawless. I to Cringed when the forklift op came over to get my tag to pickup the car from the yard and put it on the trailer. He had just come out with a car before to put it on a rolloff.... and I was thinking NO WAY is he gonna load a fiero like that !!! Then I talked to him and he assured me that he's moved thousands of cars and this fiero specifically many times already. So.....after looking at the wood lined forks on the lift ....and having no other choice he went to get the car. Placed it gently on the trailer as a pro could and I tied it down within minutes and was ready to go. The forks are pretty narrow on the lift and didn't come close to the coolant lines. After putting the car on the lift at the shop I could not find a trace of it being lifted in that manor. Who woulda thought !

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 04-27-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

I wasn't all that worried about the forklift, but you knew that.

After putting the car on the lift at the shop I could not find a trace of it being lifted in that manor. Who woulda thought !

Thanks, I feel better now.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-27-2016).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there or was there a screen or cover over the fan on the outside? That sure will take care of the heat problem that engine creates in the Fiero.

I'll say it again. Great Car!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-28-2016).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

At the Shop at last. Getting ready to access the damage.

Damage. Seams to be from shorted wiring from the starter wires. Positive and negative cables shielding rubbed thru and started a spark in the area of the battery. It must of burned quick and put out quick because besides the wiring and back window and upper body area, the damage is contained to a small area.

Nice trailer and nice shop!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, its been awhile but the time has come to start working on this again. Its engine pulling time ! Since I didn't build this it takes awhile to figure how things are run and how to disconnect it .

Pontiacbuildersnortheast.com

[This message has been edited by Bozzie (edited 09-29-2016).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Disconnecting everything one thing at a time. Putting parts in a box.

Pontitacbuildersnortheast.com
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ebrake cable and Caliper removed,

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Disconnecting the ebrake at the cradle. Power cables / etc.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Now im almost done. Fuel lines done , took the coil pack off to get to it, I will relocate that later, some changes to come

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Rolled my trusty cradle carrier under her as im ready to lift

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Lifting her up and checking for snags or anything not disconnected. Total time 2hrs

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
The install and conversion were done pretty well. Im going to clean this up and move the ecm to the engine compartment. Also going to move the coil pack, and some other misc things.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Out but the real fun begins soon !

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Hears the battery tray. Burnt but still solid metal there. Im going to move the battery to the front and cut this all out and clean this up. Idea is to keep the harness away from the pulley and belts. Prob what caused this to begin with.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Cradle put in the back for now. I have another engine harness to use and rewire the ecm for in the engine compartment.

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
With the engine out theres lots of room to clean up and start over with. A lot of work to do here before the drivetrain goes back in.

PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's in front of the Fiero?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

What's in front of the Fiero?
. //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000135-24.html
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2016 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for posting your builds Bozzie. Your threads are always clean, concise, and extremely informative.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for Clarifying ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good to see you around here !

Boz
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bozzie

1188 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Hello Jason. Thanks for your kind words ! Its words like that that keep me posting updates. I truly appreciate it !!

Boz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

What about the coolant tubes?

Just put he forks between them.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2016 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
Sweet find, I cant believe it was left for scrap.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock