Started on: 04-22-2016 05:45 AM
Replies: 290 (7461 views)
Last post by: zmcdonal on 05-17-2016 05:03 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Sometimes I see the ads and sometimes I do not. (I always see the TFS ad at top right of page, which is fine with me)
My ad blocker is part of my antivrus. If I want to allow an exception here at PFF, what url do I type in to the exception/allowed box?

Originally posted by theogre:
just turn off blocking to see if that's the problem.
then try www.fiero.nl to see if that helps.

Try your browser too.
I have problems w/ ads w/ FF but works w/ IE.
Could be some plugin causing even allowing script to run.

Thank you.
I'm using Chrome. I entered www.fiero.nl and still only see TFS ad, but I may have to restart for my changes to take effect. (I don't want to see ads on every website, just a very few selected websites)
I'll re-start later and see if that worked.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-05-2016).]

IP: Logged
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I run NoScript and Ghostery. They block:

Google Adsense
Viglink
Facebook Connect
Facebook.net
Google syndication.com

fiero.nl is enabled.

I don't see any ads.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I run NoScript and Ghostery. They block:

Google Adsense
Viglink

fiero.nl is enabled.

I don't see any ads.

You won't see any if those 2 are blocked.
PFF uses viglink for some function and for any ad other than TFS to show, Google adsense has to be allowed.
(or that's the way I understand it anyway)

I'm trying to allow ads (including google adsense) here and on 2 other forums, but block them everywhere else.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-05-2016).]

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

You won't see any if those 2 are blocked.
PFF uses viglink for some function and for any ad other than TFS to show, Google adsense has to be allowed.
(or that's the way I understand it anyway)

I'm trying to allow ads (including google adsense) here and on 2 other forums, but block them everywhere else.

I am not interested in ads since I don't buy anything based on ads unless it's something I am already considering anyway.

Heck, when I think about TV ads I can't think of anything I own that I've seen advertised. Maybe the dog food. I guess I did buy a Fiero 20 years after their TV spots. I don't think that is very effective though. Levis - got some of those. Don't buy Arco gas ...
Gary W

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2016 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gary WSend a Private Message to Gary WEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not interested in ads either, but just letting them display on PFF pages gets Cliff a few pennies, so I let them through here.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-06-2016 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gary W:

I'm not interested in ads either, but just letting them display on PFF pages gets Cliff a few pennies, so I let them through here.

I click them, every so offen, just to add to the pennies.. As I'd think it help..
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2016 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Not buy stuff from ads.." I am the same way....All tho lately, I've been tempted to buy insurance form the bobble-head Minimo in the tv ads for Goodtogo insurance- he's very convincing and it just makes sense to buy your insurance from a bobble-head........
redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
late to the party as usual. Glad things are resolved... I would hate to ever loose this place! might as well sell the Fiero if this site folded!

------------------
Please forgive my typos, I'm typically posting via cell.

1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770
"SE" Stormtrooper Edition
Rescued, resuscitated and reversibly modified! (I'm so not done yet!)

Poly all round & Black Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45 on 18x8 (47 offset w/ 8-9mm spacer) 1.5 coils cut off 1984 WS6 springs
Rear: 265/35 on 18x8.5 (45 offset) Coil-overs w/ 10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Everything is the previous owners fault!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redraif:

late to the party as usual. Glad things are resolved... I would hate to ever loose this place! might as well sell the Fiero if this site folded!

Yeah. You and me both. Nice to see you back, again. Please don't be a stranger.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2016 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

"Not buy stuff from ads.." I am the same way....All tho lately, I've been tempted to buy insurance form the bobble-head Minimo in the tv ads for Goodtogo insurance- he's very convincing and it just makes sense to buy your insurance from a bobble-head........

or as much sense as buying it from a lizard or that Monopoly game looking general driving around in a convertible.
And then--there's Flo.........I dunno--for an old guy like me, Flo's kinda hot.

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the first quote of Fastfieros post

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...502-1-076741.html#p2

PS never knew about the link button until now, that's pretty cool and convenient.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 05-17-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave