Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Vertical Doors Inc. Bolt on kit (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Vertical Doors Inc. Bolt on kit by Marcopolo
Started on: 04-17-2016 09:50 AM
Replies: 48 (2506 views)
Last post by: AustinH on 10-23-2017 07:25 PM
CARiD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CARiDSend a Private Message to CARiDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very legit kit. If you like the idea of the lambo doors than it's definitely a good choice. I am experienced with these kits pretty well (mostly on customer's cars). There only alternative company from what I know is the LSD, but they don't seem to have a bolt-on kit for fiero. You can look up the these kits here: Lambo Doors, kits, and tech information at CARiD

[This message has been edited by CARiD (edited 06-07-2016).]

IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2016 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing to note with these and I just found out the hard way with Johns car is if a gas strut goes bad they will not warranty the gas strut and they make you provide pics of it installed on the car to get a new one. So when you install them take plenty of pics and save the pics so when the gas strut does fail you do not have to pull it apart to get a new one. Someone asked what was the poundage of the gas strut it is 720 lbs according to what is printed on the one right here in my lap. they are made in Germany for vertical doors 2408-4108 is the id number todof55-056-172/3230n part number
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2016 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m hoping mine last for a long time.
My car is a daily driver but I don`t lift the doors everytime I get in and out of it.
I will save that mainly for car shows or the occasional onlooker of the car itself.
I love the the look when they are up but honestly although the struts seem to be very strong
it still takes a bit of strength to lift the doors when sitting in the car.
Which is fine with me because they aren`t trying to flip up when you close them.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellow installers, the instructions are rather vague (it took me 10 minutes to locate the shoulder bolts ) what helped you decide to use bolts by their length? I currently have one hinge attached to a door with 4 of the 8 shorter bolts. The longest bolts have me a tad confused!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2016 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

Fellow installers, the instructions are rather vague (it took me 10 minutes to locate the shoulder bolts ) what helped you decide to use bolts by their length? I currently have one hinge attached to a door with 4 of the 8 shorter bolts. The longest bolts have me a tad confused!

I used the long bolts (4-ea) on the bottom. (the thickest part of the hinge that bolts to the body)
The lower one goes all the way through and uses a nut on the backside.
I used the shorter ones on the top of the hinge into the body and the middle length into the door.
I used the nuts off of the long bolts as jam nuts on the backside of the ones into the door for extra holding power.
There were only two of the nuts left after using two on the bottom long bolt so I had to buy some more.
I`m not sure why they send nuts for all of the long bolts unless maybe they go on the bottom where they thread through the body.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 06-09-2016).]

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I did find out messing around with the fender today that I will have to cut the end of the belt moulding off because it hits.
It`s mainly because there is more of an outer travel with these hinges compared to the stock ones which just pivot right at the pin.
Fortunately, the gas strut just misses my fender vents because I was worried about those getting in the way.

That is something I found out after installing all the panels, the belt molding hits on mine as well and i just trimmed an opposite angle bevel into it. Doesnt look bad... all minor and easy stuff to figure out. but im glad you got your kit installed! I could NOT be happier with the kit.

------------------
Marco

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Marcopolo

50 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I used the long bolts (4-ea) on the bottom. (the thickest part of the hinge that bolts to the body)
The lower one goes all the way through and uses a nut on the backside.
I used the shorter ones on the top of the hinge into the body and the middle length into the door.
I used the nuts off of the long bolts as jam nuts on the backside of the ones into the door for extra holding power.
There were only two of the nuts left after using two on the bottom long bolt so I had to buy some more.
I`m not sure why they send nuts for all of the long bolts unless maybe they go on the bottom where they thread through the body.

Lol... I'm not even totally convinced I got all correct bolts, I didnt have enough long bolts to use for the bottoms or enough shorter bolts to use for all the upper hinge mounts... So I improvised a little.

------------------
Marco

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2016 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my driver's side done today. A lot easier than I anticipated. Hardest part was changing the dew wipes out, that was a miserable task. I only used one of the longest bolts, into the body at the bottom. I was curious as to why a picture on this thread showed this location with the bolt inserted from inside the car. Will be noticeable when doors are left open on display.
I too have interference at the front fender belt moulding, I haven't finalized alignment so I'm not sure how I will tackle this yet. Sure was fun doing this all by myself, I'll say that much lol.
Not looking forward to the passenger side dew wipe
AustinH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2017 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustinHSend a Private Message to AustinHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fiero enthusiasts, I just struck a deal with Vertical Doors INC for 30% off MSRP of the BOLT ON Fiero Lambo Door Kit (VDCPONFER8488) if you use promo code "7979" at their website at checkout http://verticaldoors.com/in..._id=568#.We1rzu0rLDc or by calling 951.245.8669, ask for Nick, and use code "7979." Full description install video below.

I made a complete installation video for their kit on my 88GT 3800sc. Check it out here! Let me know what you think and if you have any questions. Also let me know if you decide to make one your own!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mHNbJM_v90
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock