Started on: 09-14-2015 11:28 AM
Replies: 94 (3764 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-12-2015 02:14 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 10-25-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car is one of my favorites Yellowstone. I can't imagine you not having that car. Are you going to get another Fiero project?
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\ /\ /\ /\ What he said ! I know you and I butt heads in O/T but your car is one of my favorites as well. Hopefully you aren't getting out of Fiero's and bless us with another amazing project.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is an amazingly reasonable price for that car !

Someone is getting an absolute steal !! I wish i could afford it.

Looking forward to seeing what Kolja comes up with next, be it fiero or whatever.

Best of luck and keep us informed.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-15-2015).]

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Sorry for the cross-post but it's for the benefit of those here who don't look in the Mall often...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/072763.html

And for your benefit of course.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2015 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car, well done and clean but I suggest looking on eBay, then Craigs list and price Corvettes and other sporty cars in the same era. This will give you a fair idea of the comparative value.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

And for your benefit of course.

Yes, of course :-)
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Nice car, well done and clean but I suggest looking on eBay, then Craigs list and price Corvettes and other sporty cars in the same era. This will give you a fair idea of the comparative value.

I'm not offering my Fiero on eBay, Autotrader or CL etc for the time being as I'm not in a hurry to sell and I'd much prefer it to go to a fellow Fiero enthusiast instead of a kid who'll just wreck it.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I made a new Fiero vid, Miami style... :-)

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great video, great car... Please someone buy it .. I'm having a hard time resisting and I don't need another car
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could afford this AND my build, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Always been one of my favorites. Hope it goes to a good home, with someone who can appreciate the work that has gone into it.
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question for you guys. There's a guy who seems pretty interested in the car. He needs a loan and says that he needs the VIN and a copy of the title for the application. Is that standard procedure and should I provide this?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do not give him a copy of the title. VIN is ok, but NO copy of the title. The lending institution can determine enough about the car without a copy of the title. SCAM. THIEF. Use Caution. Don't let him out of your sight with the keys or the car.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Do not give him a copy of the title. VIN is ok, but NO copy of the title. The lending institution can determine enough about the car without a copy of the title. SCAM. THIEF. Use Caution. Don't let him out of your sight with the keys or the car.

The person is not local and has no access to the car. Still a problem? Could I do it with some precautions e.g. a downpayment and/or a copy of the drivers license?
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I work at a bank, in some cases we ask for a copy of the title to provide documentation there are no liens, that the person the check is made out to is the name(s) on the title and that there actually is a title.

doesn't mean it's a scam. I would send it directly to loan officer.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would ask for a loan approval letter from the bank for this purchase. This means he could get the needed $$, and gives you a bank to call/fax the info to.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It think Grantman has the right idea. Send a copy of the title to the loan officer. The bank should be able to verify leins just through the VIN. My garage can tell me everything about my car, including title number and my address just by entering the VIN. I've seen it on her computer screen.

Personally , I just wouldn't feel comfortable making a copy of the title and turning it over. With today's digital technology, it wouldn't take much for an experienced person to convert that to an official-looking title with their name on it. My brother lost a car when the buyer wanted to show the title to the bank. Even though they forged his signature, the police told him that possession was 9/10 of the law and if he went and got the car he would be arrested for theft of a motor vehicle. If you're over-cautious and the buyer is legit, he won't mind.

Also, if you do sell, make the hand-over at a police station. Tell them it's for your safety as well as theirs. Again, they shouldn't mind.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there are any hairs standing on the back of your neck, don't do it. Something does not sound right to me here.
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a question for you guys. There's a guy who seems pretty interested in the car. He needs a loan and says that he needs the VIN and a copy of the title for the application. Is that standard procedure and should I provide this?

IMHO, this doesn't pass the sniff test. I agree with others that the VIN can be sent w/o any issues, but not the title. Do you really want to take a chance that would cause you to have your car essentially stolen from you?

I also would not trust any information the guy gives you on who to contact at a bank.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's OK. I told the person that I'd send the title to the bank and he forwarded me an email from SunTrust/LightStream with a toll free fax number and a reference number. I faxed the title directly to them.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yellowstone

9299 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Down payment received, sale pending.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even with a cashiers or bank check, I'd go to SunTrust with him, sign over the title and cash the check. You should be able to sit down before the loan officer with the buyer and make the transaction. The reason is that if it turns out to be a bogus check and you deposit it to your account, it may not be denied for a length of time. By that time your car is gone, put in a shipping container and sent to Germany and you're on the hook to return the money to the bank.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just guessing here but I'm thinking fierofool you had a transaction go sour? Don't know if the buyer is close to seller for distance or it's being done via mail. Yellowstone could take the money via wire from the bank or with bank money order in hand verify it to be bona fide by calling the bank.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally haven't had a bad deal, but news stories around Atlanta are rampant with robberies, test drives where the car never comes back, cars stolen after someone test drove but didn't buy. A former employer had a truck for sale. Two men came from Alabama, drove the truck but didn't buy. That night it was stolen and never recovered. The police surmised the men duplicated a key while test driving it.

Another man whom we built a Kelmark GT for lost the car when a kid came to test drive it. He was caught with the car 4 days later, planning to take it with him to his Air Force assignment.

The closest personal experience is with my brother's car that I mentioned above.

Nationally syndicted consumer advocate and adviser Clark Howard strongly suggests making major transactions such as private car sales, at a secure location such as a bank or police station and never bring them to your home or tell them your home address or home phone number.

Yellowstone's car is a big part of this community and I'm sure many feel a smidgen of ownership. I'd hate to see it Gone In 60 Seconds.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate your concern and will be careful!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope this deal goes through without any issues.

No form of electronic payment is foolproof. Days or weeks later the payment can be reversed for any reason and your car has just been stolen. The fax number, bank officer all could be part of the scam. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't sell my car to someone unless I met them face to face and did the deal at my bank.

Banks don't usually make secured loans on 20+ year old cars anyway. Maybe SunTrust does , but usually they don't value the car as highly as the selling price and they insist on an unsecured loan which means they don't need the title.

Even better to have the money go into Escrow and then after a couple of weeks if the check hasn't bounced then I would sign the title over. But that's just me.

I really am nervous about this deal.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-01-2015).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will meet the buyer face to face when he comes down to Miami to look at the car in person. He ended up getting a loan approval from another lender, specializing in in collector/classic cars (Woodside Credit). I got the contact details of the loan officer and have spoken to them today to verify. They said that the loan approval is accurate and that once the deal is done, they will wire transfer the funds to me and, upon receipt, I will mail the title to them. They seem like a legit company to me... http://www.woodsidecredit.com/

Originally posted by jscott1:

I hope this deal goes through without any issues.

No form of electronic payment is foolproof. Days or weeks later the payment can be reversed for any reason and your car has just been stolen. The fax number, bank officer all could be part of the scam. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't sell my car to someone unless I met them face to face and did the deal at my bank.

Banks don't usually make secured loans on 20+ year old cars anyway. Maybe SunTrust does , but usually they don't value the car as highly as the selling price and they insist on an unsecured loan which means they don't need the title.

Even better to have the money go into Escrow and then after a couple of weeks if the check hasn't bounced then I would sign the title over. But that's just me.

I really am nervous about this deal.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cash or wire transfer only. Seems you should be fine with the wire.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man kolja,..i am nervous and it is not even my car. I hope it works for you and is legit.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kolja,

Their websites states:

Woodside Credit is exclusively endorsed by Barrett-Jackson to provide collector car financing. The Barrett-Jackson team recognizes the powerful benefits their customers can enjoy with the Woodside program. Today, every Barrett-Jackson auction highlights Woodside’s lowest payment live on the block! With each bid the Woodside payment is instantly updated. View the demo below. You will find us in person at each auction (Scottsdale, West Palm Beach, Reno, Las Vegas) or at www.barrett-jackson.com. The next step is easy. Get Pre-Approved Today!

Their website has only been registered since 2013...so it is fairly new.

Call Barrett-Jackson and verify...just to be safe!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 10-01-2015).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a similar situation last year. I sold a Trailblazer to someone several hours away.
Seemed like his credit union needed a photocopy of the title.
He put me in touch with the lender.
Once I had a phone number, I Googled it and verified that it actually did belong to a lending institution.
Then I Googled the name of the lending institution to make sure there were a couple of entries in the search engine (and at least one working website) and no outstanding complaints.
A valid web presence is (IMHO) more trouble than most scammers are likely going to go to, or be capable of.

Good luck with your sale.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-01-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Kolja,

Their websites states:

Woodside Credit is exclusively endorsed by Barrett-Jackson to provide collector car financing. The Barrett-Jackson team recognizes the powerful benefits their customers can enjoy with the Woodside program. Today, every Barrett-Jackson auction highlights Woodside’s lowest payment live on the block! With each bid the Woodside payment is instantly updated. View the demo below. You will find us in person at each auction (Scottsdale, West Palm Beach, Reno, Las Vegas) or at www.barrett-jackson.com. The next step is easy. Get Pre-Approved Today!

Their website has only been registered since 2013...so it is fairly new.

Call Barrett-Jackson and verify...just to be safe!

The Barrett-Jackson also links to Woodside under "Finance"...

I also googled the buyer (he said he's a lurker here on PFF so maybe I should say "hi" :-) and there are LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter profiles and lots of info including pictures and other corroborating information.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will meet the buyer face to face when he comes down to Miami to look at the car in person. He ended up getting a loan approval from another lender, specializing in in collector/classic cars (Woodside Credit). I got the contact details of the loan officer and have spoken to them today to verify. They said that the loan approval is accurate and that once the deal is done, they will wire transfer the funds to me and, upon receipt, I will mail the title to them. They seem like a legit company to me... http://www.woodsidecredit.com/

Glad that everything is checking out. It shows you how much we care that we are nervous about the deal. We don't want to see anyone be taken advantage of, but it's sounding like it's a legitimate deal. I did expect financing would be an issue, because the value of a classic car is not easily determined but sounds like that was worked out as well.

Good luck.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I'm meeting the buyer next week, I'm preparing the paperwork.

I'd like to include some wording in the sales contract that the vehicle has been highly modified with non-stock parts including major modifications to engine, exhaust, brakes, suspension, body, emission control systems, ECM etc. and that the car may not be compliant with regulations in some jurisdictions or even street legal and that there's no representation of warranty or proper functionality beyond what the buyer sees when inspecting the vehicle (as-is). Also, that I'm not liable for any injury or other loss that may be the result of any of those modifications failing or not functioning as intended.

Does someone have (or know of) a sample legal text that says that and that I could use?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 10-07-2015).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vehicle is sold "as-is, where-is". No warranty of any kind, or claim of suitability for any specific purpose, is offered or implied. Sale is final.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express, last night. But it sure sounds snazzy.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-07-2015).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

But it sure sounds snazzy.

Then you ARE a lawyer!!!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to include some wording... that I'm not liable for any injury or other loss that may be the result of any of those modifications failing or not functioning as intended.

Just put the following sticker on both windows.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a lawyer either but if you write up a bill of sales just put in big letters, "AS-IS" Most jurisdictions would recognize that a private sale auto sold as-is would not have a warranty of any kind and could turn to dust 5 seconds after the sale and you are not liable.

I'm not connected with this site but a google search turned up some free examples

http://www.legalcontract.co...Gl2q4Y2yORoC4Qjw_wcB
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I was purchasing the car I would back out with that detailed of a disclaimer. If it just said, vehicle being sold as-is, is licensable in Florida, but modifications not guaranteed to meet other state standards, then I would still buy it. Because that Instills some level of integrity with what you have done and just clarifies you did it according to FL standards. The larger disclaimer eliminates my expectation of integrity. Anyone buying a 30 year old highly modified vehicle already comes with certain expectations of potential issues.

It's a great car, don't make the disclaimer sound like it isn't.

Just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by alcazar88 (edited 10-07-2015).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Considering that Florida doesn't have annual vehicle inspections, a lot of stuff that is legal in Florida won't pass in stricter states. Mostly emissions stuff. This is hypothetical, but most buyers would understand that if your e-brake is missing, no cat converter, no ERG valve, etc that the car won't be street legal in other states. Yeah I would just say "as-is" and if they want to take it to another state they are on their own.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock