Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What color stripes to add to this white / gray GT?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What color stripes to add to this white / gray GT? by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 08-12-2015 07:49 PM
Replies: 13 (399 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 08-24-2015 09:01 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking about adding some racing stripes to this 87 GT. Wanting to add a little excitement to the plain jane white. Maybe something like the second pic but without the Pegasus logo. I like the thin accent stripes. Not sure about color. I was thinking red or bright blue but I'm not sure how it would look with the GT gray along the bottom of the body. Car also has gray interior. Any thoughts or pictures to share?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gun metal grey
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
something like this

ooh if you made it I would get one for my GT.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

Gun metal grey

Then match the bottom of the car to the grey or black with the same match.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Rickady or PepeLepu ...
Kit
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought some stripes from Paul at Fierosales.com. He was great to work with and let me design my own stripes and gave me a choice of many colors. I chose a dark gray for my med. red metallic GT. He had 4 or 5 grays to choose from. I have a bumper pad front on my GT. I made some stripes that are like early Camaro ones that start on the top of the bumper pad. The stripes are easy to put on. I'm almost finished with mine. He also made a enlarged version of his Pegasus design for me. It's almost 4 feet wide and will look like the wings of the horse are flames. He's a very creative guy and very helpful. He is very reasonable IMHO.
I think a dark gray, such as Nimbus gray, would compliment your car nicely.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:

I bought some stripes from Paul at Fierosales.com. ....
I think a dark gray, such as Nimbus gray, would compliment your car nicely.

Woody

http://fierosails.com/

I agree, dark gray like the rockers.
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Opps - thanks for catching my typo for Fierosails!
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went with the suggestions for gray stripes. Here's a few shots of my first attempt applying them. That's my daily driver 88 GT in the background. (Note the California drought condition lawns!)

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it! Congrats. And the lawn, grab a few cans of green lawn paint and go to work!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Delete. Double post.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 08-24-2015).]

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not mine :

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-24-2015).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

I went with the suggestions for gray stripes. Here's a few shots of my first attempt applying them. That's my daily driver 88 GT in the background. (Note the California drought condition lawns!)

Looks great!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock