Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ever wonder how many members are actually active? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ever wonder how many members are actually active? by fierocarparts
Started on: 08-03-2015 07:09 PM
Replies: 52 (1174 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 08-13-2015 06:43 PM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had space I'd have my present 86 SC3800 as my runner and another to play around with, with no deadline to finish. maybe a turbo or a V8 of some kind.

awesome, I've never owned a page before.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT fastback SC3800 3.4 pulley, LS1 TB
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with "big boy" 5.9 motor
1983 Honda Goldwing interstate

[This message has been edited by Grantman (edited 08-11-2015).]

IP: Logged
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just missed it...
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a estimate but I believe that about 50% of the registered members are active. Joining is 2000 we have seen many people come and go. Things like finances, health,accidents, changing situations all can influence a hobby. The Fiero hobby has evolved from being a young persons interest in owning an inexpensive sports type vehicle to a more mature audience interested in collector vehicles, modified cars and hot rodding. I miss some of the creative members of old but nothing is forever!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 08-11-2015).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been around a while. With three Fieros, it is hard to do a lot of driving as two of the three I've spent $1500 on each for maintenance items this year and my 87 is going in later in the month to get it ready for Run to the Hills in September.

I drove this on the Power Tour this year as I couldn't face three week and 5000 miles in a Fiero. After having a Fiero for 28+ years my bones don't like that ride for long distance anymore.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

.. I couldn't face three week and 5000 miles in a Fiero. After having a Fiero for 28+ years my bones don't like that ride for long distance anymore.

Swap in some cushy seats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Just a estimate but I believe that about 50% of the registered members are active. Joining is 2000 we have seen many people come and go. Things like finances, health,accidents, changing situations all can influence a hobby. The Fiero hobby has evolved from being a young persons interest in owning an inexpensive sports type vehicle to a more mature audience interested in collector vehicles, modified cars and hot rodding. I miss some of the creative members of old but nothing is forever!

From what I've seen its beginning to turn back to the younger, but needs encouragement along the way.
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rice.1:

I'm here! I usually only post when I have issues, but I do creep a lot. I'm "that guy".

I think this forum has a large following of lurkers. With so many years of answers posted, sometimes a new post isn't needed.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm more of a lurker these days. I've still got the Fiero, drive it regularly and plan on doing a nice 350 install this winter.
I'll probably be asking a few questions. Then I'll make it look nice again.

Mark the paint guy
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I lurk quite a bit. Only 300 posts over 9 years but I open general chat & tech pages at least several times a week for a look. Down to one Fiero from two and the remaining Fiero is essentially mint so not a lot to do on it except to drive and enjoy. Working on a 65 right now, kind of a trip into the past, so cool.

BR's,

Mark

------------------
86 SE V6 Auto
65 Tempest 400 CID
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous
2001 Olds Silhouette (AKA The Band Van)

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkS:

I lurk quite a bit. Only 300 posts over 9 years but I open general chat & tech pages at least several times a week for a look. Down to one Fiero from two and the remaining Fiero is essentially mint so not a lot to do on it except to drive and enjoy. Working on a 65 right now, kind of a trip into the past, so cool.

BR's,

Mark

If you love to drive and enjoy your Fiero; MAFOA holds three car show events in PA. Lititz, Carlisle and Neffsville. The Carlisle show is IMO the worlds best Fiero event but the other two offer a bit smaller, relaxing lower key environment. Outside of the Friday nights Cruise event in Somerville and an occasional dinner trip, most of my driving is to MAFOA shows and they are enjoyable. There is also "Traveling Pete" Bransky's Fiero cruises. Check them out. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just happened to be on a rare visit back here. Sold my last Fiero couple of years ago and stop by occasionally. Glad to see a bunch of familiar names in this thread.

edit: P.S. Did see a nice red Zimmer Quicksilver being driven on the streets of Greenville, Tx about a month ago. That's the last Fiero related vehicle I've seen in a while.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 08-13-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Eric_PA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eric_PASend a Private Message to Eric_PAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old member here still kicking. I never was a big poster, but I always tried to help out when I saw someone heading down the wrong path. I had a few engine swaps over the years and many Fieros bought and sold, but I still manage to hold on to two ifofhem with a family. I met many good friends from here in the past. I still see a lot of great information being shared as if it is tribal knowledge. Which goes to show the value of this forum. Sure there are search functions to find just about anything, but if we all rely just on searches you will find everyone relying more on a search then reaching out to others with the same interest. I always get bummed out when I see a post result in "do a search for that as it has been answered before". That's no fun, but I guess in the beginning everyone was building the archives that can now be searched. In any case it's always nice to stick around and see how the community has grown
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If you love to drive and enjoy your Fiero; MAFOA holds three car show events in PA. Lititz, Carlisle and Neffsville. The Carlisle show is IMO the worlds best Fiero event but the other two offer a bit smaller, relaxing lower key environment. Outside of the Friday nights Cruise event in Somerville and an occasional dinner trip, most of my driving is to MAFOA shows and they are enjoyable. There is also "Traveling Pete" Bransky's Fiero cruises. Check them out. .

Hi Dennis, one of these days I am going to get off my dead *** and go to one of these things. I used to take the Fieros to the Flemington shows but not done that for awhile. Was a lot more fun when the Union hotel was open. Know about Pete's cruises, maybe do one of those too.

BR's,

Mark

------------------
86 SE V6 Auto
65 Tempest 400 CID
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous
2001 Olds Silhouette (AKA The Band Van)

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic