Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ever wonder how many members are actually active? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ever wonder how many members are actually active? by fierocarparts
Started on: 08-03-2015 07:09 PM
Replies: 52 (1172 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 08-13-2015 06:43 PM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've looked over old posts ( before I started here) and have seen that most names aren't active anymore. There is the "permanent" loss and then there are the "I'm no longer into Fieros" losses.
Easily, I can think of ten members that I have had dealings with that are no longer active here.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
& there is the 'I was a jerk in off topic' & got banned
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checking in, I'm still here !

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've noticed sometimes people come back after a long hiatus and say something like hey, its been a while but I have a fiero again. Sometimes it seems like no one knows who they are, sometimes its been 10 years.
I'm just glad we are still kickin with Fbook taking over the world.
One thing I think many of us Fiero folk could do is attend a show or two, or hook up with some clubs, and be active in that way. You dont have to have an amazing Fiero over half I see at shows are stock. Most shows have daily driver or project classes. Many people just go to hang out and talk about Fieros.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094690.html
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a forum, fiero.nl isn't doing bad.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just have a hard time participating here when I cannot work on my own projects. It's hard to get excited about it when the car's been collecting dust for two years.

I drove someone else's Fiero to the 30th, I take my daily drivers to the Dells and the Tyler Show... I support the local club and show up for meetings, but coming on here and reading about other people's awesome things reminds me of my dust ball...

Reading about the same basic problems (learn how to search FFS), and asinine fantasies like boosting the Duke, over and over again has gotten more difficult in the last 2-3 years.

Participation here, however, is far higher than other car related forums that I am a member of. Granted, I don't own a Honda or Subaru...
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, still here! In the process of doing a 4T60 install.
GadgetMaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GadgetMakerSend a Private Message to GadgetMakerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm one of those old members returned to Fieros. I did drop in and lurk from time to time, since every time I needed another car I looked at Fieros. Once these cars get their hooks set deep, you never get away.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still hanging around. Not as active as I used to be but I do prefer the company here.

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think any of us are really here, we are all just a figment of your imagination. This place doesn't even really exist !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still kicking around, this is the second year that my car sits in the garage, mainly due to:

A. Really deteriorated roads/bridges/railroad crossings in Michigan

B. Crappy Economy

C. Living off Social Security/Savings, you pinch pennies just a bit.

D. No attractive Job Offers

Probably some others in the same boat as me. Have a feeling if things don't improve soon, I may end up taking car to auction.
PFF
System Bot
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I poke my head in once in a blue moon, I have not lost interest as much as ability to pursue the passion. Can be downright depressing when you can only look.
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm here! I usually only post when I have issues, but I do creep a lot. I'm "that guy".

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

I just have a hard time participating here when I cannot work on my own projects. It's hard to get excited about it when the car's been collecting dust for two years.

Whats the status? Need parts, need time, need more hands? For me finding time is tricky.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been a heavy poster, but I've been owned my '86 and been around the forum for a decade, now. That's more than a third of my life.

Car might even work again this summer, but likely next.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Instead of wondering, we could ask Cliff. He has the login stats and could give a definitive answer...

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

I haven't been a heavy poster, but I've been owned my '86 and been around the forum for a decade, now. That's more than a third of my life.

Car might even work again this summer, but likely next.

Read like: "I've been owned by my '86"
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit

[This message has been edited by alcazar88 (edited 08-23-2015).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

I am!

Edit: never mind, I thought that said how many members are sexually active!

I'm sure there are a number of people here who would say they've been screwed by their Fiero....is that the same thing?

My posts have dropped off significantly now that I refuse to go into the OT. I think this forum is one of the best I've ever been a part of (other than OT). Mostly great people and a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately there isn't much left of my Fiero that is still....well...still a Fiero. But I still still enjoy checking in everyday and seeing if there is anything in the tech section that I can help with. I seem to learn something new everyday.

[This message has been edited by Neils88 (edited 08-05-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OT doesnt really bother me.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here, 11 years and counting. Where did my life go....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 08-06-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm another that sold the Fiero and is now back into the game (for now). I stayed in O/T while I was Fieroless but didn't look at much else. Been here almost 16 years. I probably won't go away any time soon.
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was a member many years ago but I could not log in with my old user ID so I created a new one. It is still the best place to find answers to just about anything on the Fiero, I have had mine since it was new and still enjoy the way it drives but it is hard to find the common parts that have not faired so well over the years so I am sure the number of members will dwindle as time passes and more Fieros drop out of existence.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`ve been here since 2006.
Pretty much all the time.
I just didn`t post as much in the two periods of time that I didn`t have Fieros.
I have continued to make the cupholders etc. through that time though.
The couple of times that Pennock`s has gone down I actually had withdrawals.
88FIERO58

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FIERO58Send a Private Message to 88FIERO58Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad the forum is still here and active. I find something new and informative anytime I'm here.
My total restoration project would still be going, but at a much slower pace, if not for the forum.
Someday, I'll get my photos and notes together and post all my progress.
Thanks to all MEMBERS, active or non-active for all the posts and answers to tech questions
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sold my Fiero a few years ago. I still check in and catch up on people's projects or see if there are new projects from time to time. I just moved into a home with a garage so I'm looking at getting a project Fiero again but it's one of those absurd custom projects you plan knowing you might never get it done.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

I sold my Fiero a few years ago. I still check in and catch up on people's projects or see if there are new projects from time to time. I just moved into a home with a garage so I'm looking at getting a project Fiero again but it's one of those absurd custom projects you plan knowing you might never get it done.

Get 2, the stock one to drive around while working on the crazy one.
beken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bekenSend a Private Message to bekenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here. Not here as often as I would like to be, but still here.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over time, several people have commented about Facebook "taking over".
From my perspective, that's certainly not true.
Facebook is rapid fire, and tends to be kind of haphazard and disorganized.
The forum is well organized, and older items and topics are fairly easily located, even years later, if you know what to look for.

Several people have requested an improved compatibility with mobile devices. That's all well and good, but I have heard of other sites that were "converted", that just broke everything. All the old links were broken. I'm sure Cliff is skilled enough to not let that happen, but be careful what you ask for.

I'm here, pretty much continuously, since 1999. Although my postings have slowed down since ".nl" is blocked at my work.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

& there is the 'I was a jerk in off topic' & got banned

Or the "Everyone else is a jerk so I'm leaving"
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not here, I was never here, you haven't seen me....I'm the wind. Shhhhh.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Over time, several people have commented about Facebook "taking over".
From my perspective, that's certainly not true.
Facebook is rapid fire, and tends to be kind of haphazard and disorganized.
The forum is well organized, and older items and topics are fairly easily located, even years later, if you know what to look for.

Its different sure, but many people have gone there and not returned, or rarely posted here again. PFF is better for teh reasons you listed, but things dont get noticed as easily as they do on Fbook, and are not as easy to respond to using a phone.
IMO
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm here, pretty much continuously, since 1999. Although my postings have slowed down since ".nl" is blocked at my work.

Get Private Tunnel. It lets you surf all the blocked sites on your work computer. (PS - Don't tell my boss. )
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still here, daily reader. The car is running great and I have all the parts I need. Not much to post about.
Have a Great Day
Gary
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

My posts have dropped off significantly now that I refuse to go into the OT. I think this forum is one of the best I've ever been a part of (other than OT).

I completely understand where you're coming from. Although I do continue to post in OT, it never ceases to amaze me how some people can spend so much time chest-thumping and b!tching about politics... like that in itself is going to accomplish anything.

After having owned Fieros for the last 20 years, I have no desire to abandon them. At 59 years of age, I don't feel like learning a whole new platform.

To me, working on a car, especially the engine, is the closest a man will ever come to creating life. The payoff is getting in, turning the key, and listening to the engine come alive.

I've also gotten involved in autocross the last five years and it's become quite a passion. I love beating newer, more powerful, vastly more expensive cars with my silly little plastic car from the 80's.

In regards to Facebook being used by automotive enthusiasts... it's fine for casual conversation, but useless for information/archival purposes. Nothing, absolutely nothing can top PFF when it comes to sharing/learning how to keep our Fieros going strong.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-11-2015).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

Still here, daily reader. The car is running great and I have all the parts I need. Not much to post about.
Have a Great Day
Gary

Thats a nice blue, I'd enjoy pics of it
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought my Fiero back in 09 and Saturday was really the first time I drove it!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

In regards to Facebook being used by automotive enthusiasts... it's fine for casual conversation, but useless for information/archival purposes. Nothing, absolutely nothing can top PFF when it comes to sharing/learning how to keep our Fieros going strong.

Totally agree.

That's why I'm still here.

Archie
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still here. Pace Car is stuck behind other Hobby/Job but I did move it out into a better position to maybe start working on her finally. Rick B

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Rick I thought you would have sold it by now. That pace car is a great car. Next time I go out to my brothers I'll stop by. I have something to give back to you.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock