looking for ideas by dfweazy
Started on: 07-08-2015 06:11 AM
Replies: 15 (371 views)
Last post by: zzzhuh on 07-09-2015 09:44 PM
dfweazy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dfweazySend a Private Message to dfweazyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have an 86 notch back I'm planning a build and would like some ideas thrown out to me. I have a bolt on testerossa kit so its nothing super legit but its different. I'm thinking chop with extended windshield and moved headlights. Any ideas would be awesome thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dfweazy...Which Testa kit is it...so we know what you are starting with.

Did you lengthen and raise the rear to match the correct dimensions already?

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sell (or send off to recycling) the kit and keep it a Fiero. Too few Fieros on the road as it is.

Does the car run and drive as it is? What condition is it in? Is it a 2.8 or 2.5? Auto or stick? Base Coupe or SE? Post some pictures?

There's no shortage of possibility for what you can do to the car while keeping it a Fiero, and having it be fun to drive and show.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 07-08-2015).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sounds like from your first post you are thinking huge body mods? Or undecided?
dfweazy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dfweazySend a Private Message to dfweazyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As far as i can find its just a mutt kit. Its completely bolt on and thats somewhat why i stated that he heavier mods to bri g it more up to par for looking exotic.

The car is base iron duke 5 speed. Running and it decent condition. Im new to the site and dont understand how the image thing works yet somone may need to explain it so i can send pictures.

Yea im undecided on the mods. Just trying to be different from the average joe and it be something so far i havent seen.
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dfweazy:
Yea im undecided on the mods. Just trying to be different from the average joe and it be something so far i havent seen.

I hear you. Though personally, I find that having a Fiero in the first place pretty much satisfies this desire. We've reached a point I think, that driving a pristine Fiero says more than being just another guy who wanted a Ferrari on the cheap
dfweazy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dfweazySend a Private Message to dfweazyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed. This is the first one ive ever had and its such a blast to drive. Im just use to putting a certain flair on my cars that make them different from others that are in the area so not a wannabe just different i general .
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 308 kit cost almost double what a real used one was. You can afford to drive a kit and fix stuff on it. Having a real Ferrari requires a good income to keep it running. Its not worth a $5000 brake job or $25K engine (used) just to be able to say 'its real'. Mine was also faster than a real one, 308s dont have that much hp...less than 225. I beat quite a few guys in the local Ferrari club. Embarrased them so much they wouldnt let them park mine with them at shows.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

My 308 kit cost almost double what a real used one was. You can afford to drive a kit and fix stuff on it. Having a real Ferrari requires a good income to keep it running. Its not worth a $5000 brake job or $25K engine (used) just to be able to say 'its real'. Mine was also faster than a real one, 308s dont have that much hp...less than 225. I beat quite a few guys in the local Ferrari club. Embarrased them so much they wouldnt let them park mine with them at shows.

Got to love you Roger! ...but so TRUE!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

As far as i can find its just a mutt kit. Its completely bolt on and thats somewhat why i stated that he heavier mods to bri g it more up to par for looking exotic.

The car is base iron duke 5 speed. Running and it decent condition. Im new to the site and dont understand how the image thing works yet somone may need to explain it so i can send pictures.

Yea im undecided on the mods. Just trying to be different from the average joe and it be something so far i haven't seen.

Hmmm...hard to assist with input until we know what you are starting with first.

Well do you have any pictures to help us identify your mutt.

I am assuming if its a bolt on...than maybe it is an Argenta or an off-shoot of one.

Is this what you kit looks like?:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-08-2015).]

dfweazy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dfweazySend a Private Message to dfweazyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE..... Thats exactly what it is as far as i can tell.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE..... Thats exactly what it is as far as i can tell.

Sweet...then you have, IMO, the only short based Testa inspired kit that looks balanced.

Now that I know you have an Argenta...let me share a little history on your car...its not just a Testa knock-off.

Originally designed by Kenny Youngblood for the Action Jackson Movie. It was slightly redesigned & put into production as a kit or turn-key in about 1986 by Pacific Motorsports in CA.

Back in the olden days before the Interweb, people wanting to sell something had to design & publish brochures of their product & pass them or mail them out.

In my archives I have an original Brochure for this productthat V8 Archie passed along to me.

BTW, back in '86 or '87...Archie went out to Pacific Motorsports & installed a L-98 engine into the red 'vert below.

Pacific Motorsports was a high end custom car shop in Anaheim. Building these kits was a small part of the shop's work.

Now with the history lesson out of the way...I really wouldn't mess with the body itself, but improve details.

The only body MOD I would do...is cut air vents into the rear portions like this:

...like this... for air intake...it currently has no place for air intake as is...which leads to the next upgrade.

Engine: DOHC, 3800-SC, 3.4 Turbo, Northstar...3800-SC is the most documented and easiest IMO.

You could then replace standard headlight bulbs with the following option:

http://www.projectorretrofi...products-page/fiero/

LED lights for the rear and maybe a set of CREE LED license plate lights, like these:

Now the main place for customization and a lot of modernization.

Replace standard rear-view mirror with the following:

This will add 3 buttons for HomeLink, digital compass in RED, and auto-dim features in one easy swap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And maybe a G1 dash and door panels:

Or how about gauge over-lays from Speed-Hut:

http://www.speedhut.com/eco...-Fiero-custom-dials-

Or Tom's Digital Gauges:

http://www.tomsdigitalelectronics.com/

Or a combination of both:

A G1 dash would allow a 7" touch screen as well

Just a few ideas as requested

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 07-08-2015).]

dfweazy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dfweazySend a Private Message to dfweazyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a bunch. Up until yours i couldnt find pictures even. Does the kit widen the car out? I am gona change wheels for sure but without the kit on the car i have just been in a stand still mode.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks a bunch. Up until yours i couldnt find pictures even. Does the kit widen the car out? I am gona change wheels for sure but without the kit on the car i have just been in a stand still mode.

No problem...Yes a little bit.
dfweazy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dfweazySend a Private Message to dfweazyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well thank you all ill save pictures and show a build thread as often as i can.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Sell (or send off to recycling) the kit and keep it a Fiero. Too few Fieros on the road as it is.

Does the car run and drive as it is? What condition is it in? Is it a 2.8 or 2.5? Auto or stick? Base Coupe or SE? Post some pictures?

There's no shortage of possibility for what you can do to the car while keeping it a Fiero, and having it be fun to drive and show.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock