Started on: 07-07-2015 08:00 PM
Replies: 27 (1063 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 08-23-2015 01:17 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have any experience with this place out of Canada?

I've been exchanging emails with a "Sue" and they always come from her phone. Is this place legit anymore? Ordered some wing stands...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have rather seen you order from Doug at the Fierowarehouse so you wouldn't have to worry. First, Doug's in the U.S, and second, he has them in 2" all the way up to 8" tall.

I have heard that people have a hard time getting a hold of anyone at Jimmy's so I am a little surprised that you did it so easily.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, let's just say if they haven't shipped by the end of the week, I'll be filing complaints with the necessary agencies to make sure they don't rip anyone else off...

...Then I'll be ordering from Doug's...
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Add 4 to 6 weeks for anything shipped from our northern friends ----- I've stopped purchasing anything from anyone (not just FIERO stuff) from the north because of the extreme delays caused by customs, however, I'd still insist on a 'confirmation of shipment' and tracking number for both your peace of mind and to insure the item is in fact shipped in a timely manner.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Add 4 to 6 weeks for anything shipped from our northern friends ----- I've stopped purchasing anything from anyone (not just FIERO stuff) from the north because of the extreme delays caused by customs, however, I'd still insist on a 'confirmation of shipment' and tracking number for both your peace of mind and to insure the item is in fact shipped in a timely manner.

This has nothing to do with customs or shipping. It has to do with your "Northern Friend" not shipping on time. I ship a lot of packages to and from the US and never have these problems.

To the OP, be careful with this vendor. I was at their shop a couple of months ago and it is closed up, all the Fiero stuff is outside in the rain next to a dumpster. If you need something, PM me and I can drop by and check it out for you in person, as I go to Windsor regularly.

Also, I just saw this recently. Buyer beware http://www.kijiji.ca/v-othe...hNavigationFlag=true

I have met Doug and Sage when they came up to Canada to dig through a big pile of rotten garbage with me (Great fun!) and they are good guys.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 07-08-2015).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

This has nothing to do with customs or shipping. It has to do with your "Northern Friend" not shipping on time. I ship a lot of packages to and from the US and never have these problems.

To the OP, be careful with this vendor. I was at their shop a couple of months ago and it is closed up, all the Fiero stuff is outside in the rain next to a dumpster. If you need something, PM me and I can drop by and check it out for you in person, as I go to Windsor regularly.

Also, I just saw this recently. Buyer beware http://www.kijiji.ca/v-othe...hNavigationFlag=true

I have met Doug and Sage when they came up to Canada to dig through a big pile of rotten garbage with me (Great fun!) and they are good guys.

As I said --anything from anybody because customs does slow down shipments regardless of how fast it get packaged and sent thru what ever shipping is available in the great white north. I also said -- get a tracking verification, for the reason of keeping what ever you buy from who ever you buy it from honest. I've had packages from Canada arrive quickly and I've had the second package shipped the same day from the same source take 5 weeks while it sat in either the good old USA or Canadian customs. Delays happen more when product crosses a border and as many a post on this forum have proven we tend to want the delivery on our door step the next day even though we have chosen 'regular ground' shipping. I've never purchased from 'Jimmy's' so I don't know that businesses reputation for quality, customer service or speed of shipping. Just be prepared for a longer arrival of your order --it happens.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you save the stuff if its worth saving, are they tossing it?
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This has nothing to do with customs or shipping. It has to do with your "Northern Friend" not shipping on time.

Agreed. "Customs" is always the excuse given by a crappy vendor with a poor shipping record - and it's that way in BOTH directions.

Had a problem from the States after waiting for 3 weeks - "well, we shipped it on such and such a date..."
Package arrives a week later with date I phoned (or a day later) on shipping label!!
Vendor then says they sent a second shipment because "first shipment must have got lost...". Really?

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-08-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:
Agreed. "Customs" is always the excuse given by a crappy vendor with a poor shipping record - and it's that way in BOTH directions.

Had a problem from the States after waiting for 3 weeks - "well, we shipped it on such and such a date..."
Package arrives a week later with date I phoned (or a day later) on shipping label!!
Vendor then says they sent a second shipment because "first shipment must have got lost...". Really?

Another +1 to this.

I buy stuff from places all over the world all the time. I've had parts from Korea, Japan, UK, Germany, and other places all show up very quickly. There's no excuse for excessively slow shipping of parts across the US/CA border. I recently bought the HID projector headlights from doublec4, who is in CA, as well. They arrived only a few days after he had informed me of the shipment.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to get product form China two or three times a month & generally I received product within 10 to 15 days. This was for 3 years, approximately. Only once was a shipment 21+ days & eventually I did get it. No mention of customs, but tracking provided only showed up to leaving their country.

Size of shipments may cause variation, just giving my experience.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2015 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about this jimmies, but when I shipped parts to the great white north, and because I was out on medical leave and could spend the time tracking shipments, it was an eye opener ..
I shipped 3 boxes all going over the boarder, and sent them all the same day.. 1 made it to the buyer in 4 days, one 6 days and one showed tracking at the boarder for a solid 14 days.. then only took 36 hours to get to the buyer.. all shipped the same day, same weight, same type shipping, same box, same product.. why one sat for 14 days? no clue..

shipping is interesting, summit racing shipped me my order the same day I ordered it, it all left on the same truck.. all from The Ohio warehouse, one box was on my steps at 5pm the next day, 2 more the day after, and the last one, 5 days later..
the box that got here first went straight ohio to here.. the 2 boxes that showed up the day after took a detour through D.C for some reason.. the last one, went from ohio, to n.y. then to Fla. then to tenn. then to cali. then to pa, then to m.d. then here.. why that one took a trip around the us, no one will ever know.. The wonders of UPS
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I used to get product form China two or three times a month & generally I received product within 10 to 15 days. .

I believe their government pays for their shipping, right?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set of wheels and tires from a vendor in BC. (For the geographically challenged, that's pretty much all the way across the continent from GA.)
They arrived in less than 10 days. Never a problem.

The brokerage fees (the bill arrived a week or so later) charged by the carrier were an unexpected and unwelcome surprise.
I thought about telling them to "stuff it", but I figured I would probably want to use UPS some time in the future. Bastages.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Though I didn't ask, it would explain why it's dirt cheap. I thought it was just a currency exchange thing.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2015 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Not always, but for many companies, they do, yes.

One interesting trick I've found to get free shipping that's reasonably fast, when buying stuff from foreign countries, is if you buy used parts from a US military person. If you have a Japanese or Euro car, it's a good way to get JDM/EDM parts, as some car guys in the military will collect parts and sell them on eBay for extra cash. Since they're military, the shipping is already paid for by US taxpayers. Might as well put your tax dollars to work for yourself.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

... and one showed tracking at the boarder for a solid 14 days.. then only took 36 hours to get to the buyer.. all shipped the same day, same weight, same type shipping, same box, same product.. why one sat for 14 days? no clue..

That was probably one that Customs decided to "inspect" - as in physically open the box to see what's in there.
I suspect they get "tossed in a pile" and it takes time to make their way through them....
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted a complaint to the BBB.
Apparently they've already had a couple of complaints logged against them.

I'm out $100 but I hope no one else from this forum sends them another red cent.
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The #1 thing customs looks at in the declared value, so If the declared value is $15 it will blow right through customs with no issue, the flip side to that is most every shipping company will only insure your package at the declared value. so If you ship a $100 item but Lie to customs ate declare it @ $15 and it gets lost your only protected up to $15. Red flags go of at US/CAD customs at a declared value of $75usd

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96)
HX-40, FrozenBoost I/C, 80lb injectors & E85 Coming soon.....

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I posted a complaint to the BBB.
Apparently they've already had a couple of complaints logged against them.

I'm out $100 but I hope no one else from this forum sends them another red cent.

I am in Windsor next week and can visit them and give them crap if they owe you parts. PM me on what they owe you and what you paid, and I can look into it, and ship it to you if I get my hands on it. No charge... just buy me one of those lame, watery American beers one day and we will call it even

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2015 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am in Windsor next week and can visit them and give them crap if they owe you parts. PM me on what they owe you and what you paid, and I can look into it, and ship it to you if I get my hands on it. No charge... just buy me one of those lame, watery American beers one day and we will call it even

Thanks! I buy Blue Moon when I drink beer.

They sent me some in-process pics today buy seriously - it shouldn't take 2+ weeks to make a pair of $75 wingstands.... The extra $25 was for shipping...
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last message I got was almost a month ago - still no wing stands.
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lou
I am in Windsor right now and may be able to drop by in the morning. Send me a PM reminder

EDIT- I dropped by. This place is locked up tighter than a Scottish wallet. I wouldn't hold my breath to get your parts unfortunately.

Sorry, I tried

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 08-14-2015).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure what a 'Scottish Wallet' is.... But that made me laugh.

Thanks cam-a-lot for taking the time to check into the matter.

Sorry Lou!... Thanks for the heads up
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Scottish Wallet" refers to something so tight that it never opens

Unlike most people these days that get offended every 5 minutes and cry discrimination, the Scots can laugh at themselves and take a stereotypical joke in stride. That's why everyone loves them!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem with Scotland is it's full of Scots
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep - scammers. Oh well, it's only $100... Maybe I can earn it back in Vegas in a little over 3 weeks...
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it is time to have a sticky that lists bad vendors - seems there has been a few as of late (and I am not around that much).
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they are still advertising
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto...hNavigationFlag=true

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock