Started on: 07-05-2015 09:40 PM
Replies: 3 (214 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 07-08-2015 09:44 PM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went for a cruise with my Fiero yesterday. The weather was perfect, so I decided to take the car for a spin. Unfortunately the car has stopped going into reverse recently (F23 trans), plus I have had an intermittent front end clunk while braking. Since I was going to be near Shayne's place anyway (Lunatic), I dropped by to shoot the breeze. Being an awesome guy, and feeling sorry for me (I am as useless as tits on bull ...LOL) he handed me a cold beer, grabbed a socket set, and started diagnosing my car. Within 5 minutes, he found a few loose bolts and my car goes into reverse now, and the clunk is gone.

What a great person, and a good friend. It is great when we can help each other out. I also try to help out other guys with Fieros when I can (give parts away, help check out cars for guys who are far away, etc).

I thought I would post something positive for a change

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 07-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2015 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol! Down the 400 & along the 401 to Kitchener is a brave venture when a few screws are loose.

I recently got a clunk noise when braking on my '84. The upper control arm pivot bolt sleeve had broken free from the cross member.
I'm thinking Shayne would have it fixed already - I'm still struggling with bolts rusted in bushing sleeves.
Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2015 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliment Pete. Your presence is always welcome here my friend! Fixing your car was my pleasure and I'm glad you made it back safely. I look forward to the day that I give your car the attention that it deserves. Removing all traces of the substandard swap pieces that were done by another member and giving you far better parts and workmanship. I'm a firm believer that we're all here to help each other out.

And David, stop messing with the rusted bushing sleeves and enjoy that low mileage beauty that's sitting in the garage!
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol! I have to keep the '84 SE going because... first year Fiero owned since new!
(Not to mention I just spent $1100 to fix the A/C...)

I have to keep the '86 coupe going because... rescued, refurbished & repowered in case the '84 is down for repairs!

The Formula is a beauty, so just a couple of times out a week to car shows & such help keep it that way.

It seems like you're rolling right along on your project - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094237.html - looking good!

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 07-08-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock