Started on: 05-29-2015 11:37 AM
Replies: 10 (711 views)
Last post by: Bob Englert on 06-03-2015 08:46 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob and Lyn Englert developed a Fiero specific car show name badge back in the 1990's and I have always worn one at car shows and events. They are a little known source in the Fiero world but since I just ordered three more badges thought that I would share this source with everyone. Their badges are machine cut engraved acrylic and are only $8.00 ea. plus shipping in all colors except silver and gold that are $9.50 ea. Its a quality product at a good price and it makes it easy meeting up with folks at cars shows.
Bob and Lyns company is CG Engraving: http://www.cgengrave.com/signs-badges/

The badges look like this but they can do other layouts:

This is just a plug to share a good vendor as I have no relation to this business. Some people at the shows asked me where I buy my badges and now you know! If you hve interest just email Lyn at lyn@cgengrave.com and she will promptly help with your needs.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-29-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see they are still in business! I'll have to get updated tags for us!

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4
MAFOA Newsletter Director

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

I'm glad to see they are still in business! I'll have to get updated tags for us!

~ Jen

The Englerts are still in business but I believe at this point don't do the car shows anymore. Probably a good idea to get the badges now . Best part is that they use the Fiero name and will arrange the badge in any color that you like. I last purchased from them 12 years back at Ed Parks Fiero factory swap meet and had trouble locating them for our new badges (when we show up in the rag top that is nearing completion).
A special thanks to Paul McKibben (Fiero Sails) who gave me the info to track them down. Lyn was excellent to deal with on my new order. Their quality is top notch and their prices are still reasonable.
Bob Englert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Dennis for mentioning our Fiero badges on the forum. Lyn and I would love to provide these badges to any interested owners. I hope to update our website soon to provide more info on colors and text options.

If anyone can suggest an east coast Fiero show that would be worthwhile for us to attend with our badges and engraving equipment, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Bob
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bob Englert:

Thanks to Dennis for mentioning our Fiero badges on the forum. Lyn and I would love to provide these badges to any interested owners. I hope to update our website soon to provide more info on colors and text options.

If anyone can suggest an east coast Fiero show that would be worthwhile for us to attend with our badges and engraving equipment, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Bob

We anticipate 30+ cars at Carlisle this year for GM Nationals but that show draws thousands of all kinds of cars; however, I am not sure how steep the vendor fee is? I would think it would be worth it beyond Fiero business though.

Carlisle is usually the biggest East Coast show and it's starting to grow again. Even if you can't make the trip, would you want to send some flyers and maybe donate a gift certificate or two for our raffle?

So glad you guys are still making badges ;-) (I know I said that already but I'm excited! Once you get your site updated, I'll be putting in my order!

~ Jen
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have one of Bob's badges for my first 85GT bought back in '93. I don't remember what year I got the badge, but it was back in the 90's at the Fiero Factory Swap meet. I also had one for my 87GT but lost it.

Bob, it's been a while. I think back about the time Megan started at Ga. Tech, but I'd love to invite you to the 20th Anniversary of RFTH from Helen, Ga. to The Dragon and back. Looks like we're going to have a good showing this year.
Bob Englert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure wish I still had my Fiero to do RFTH! I loved those drives and always enjoyed the people we met.

------------------
Bob
Former Owner
(I miss them!)

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2015 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we can find you a loaner. Lots of the old-timers are going to be there.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2015 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look great! I finally have a car that could use one, too
What size are they?
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for finding Bob and Lyn, Dennis! I have a couple of badges that they made for me years ago. I came across one of them the other day, and wondered what ever happened to them. Nice to see you posting, Bob!
Bob Englert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob EnglertSend a Private Message to Bob EnglertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

These look great! I finally have a car that could use one, too
What size are they?

They are 3" x 1.5".

------------------
Bob
Former Owner
(I miss them!)

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic