Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Has anyone had issues with FIEROFLYER? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Has anyone had issues with FIEROFLYER? by kawana
Started on: 05-23-2015 01:23 PM
Replies: 121 (5578 views)
Last post by: NIT WIT on 10-28-2019 07:50 PM
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He made my harness and did the basics on my computer. Took him a little bit..communication was slow, getting it sent out was slow. Quality was higher than imagined and started up with no issues the first turn of the key. I also needed something that he sent to me no charge.

Worth the wait for me. Just one persons experience.

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo JDM engine swap
Upgrades in the works...turbos, injectors
and computer

IP: Logged
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First I don't know the guy everyone on here is complaining about but do know a little about life, you know that thing that happens off the idiotnet? Sh!t happens in life we all have no control over, and then things sometimes don't go as planned, moving for example, having moved more times than I want to remember and helped friends move I can tell you it is NOT a 2 day project, hell I have spent a week, with help just packing up my crap to get it ready to load onto a truck, never mind the time it takes to drive from one place to another, the trip from MA to TN that alone took us 2 days and I was driving the 28' box truck with a Cobra on a trailer behind the truck.

This last Feb. I came down with some sort of viral infection that I got from laying on the floor of the waiting room of the local ER, took me 2 weeks to kick that and still felt like crap for another 2 weeks.

Moving can take as long as a month for some people, hell by the time you get all the boxes unpacked and put into a place you can find the stuff can take a lot of time. Not everyone lives in a 1 bedroom apartment, some people have a lot of crap to move. And then there are the family things that can take president to some shmuck from the idiotnet who wants something done,

"Right Now !"

All those people who are complaining about the time it takes can also add on the time it takes some things to go threw the mail, be it in the same country or not. I have had things sent and even sent things to others that have taken 2 weeks to just get across the country I live in. I know it took longer than that to get to Nicks place in Spain when I sent him a set of hearing aids.

So there are things that can make life miserable for all of us as well as everyone else, was that the case in this issue? He did say he was moving, he did say he had some health issues to take care of,, we don't know just what they were from his posts, so it could be anything.

But being as we are on the idiotnet and feel everything should be done at the speed of light, it don't happen that way all the time now does it?

Just a simple question to anyone who has real life experience in doing just what this guy does, how long would it take to fix a harness for a custom installation like he does if you had an uninterrupted time to do said project? And as we all know nothing is ever just a sit down and getter done job, Sh!t happens !

Just asking because I have never done harness work like he is doing in this case, but I know from over 40 years of working on cars that,
1) these things can take time,
2) if anything can go wrong it will,

Just my 2 cents

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2015 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

First I don't know the guy everyone on here is complaining about but do know a little about life, you know that thing that happens off the idiotnet? Sh!t happens in life we all have no control over, and then things sometimes don't go as planned, moving for example, having moved more times than I want to remember and helped friends move I can tell you it is NOT a 2 day project, hell I have spent a week, with help just packing up my crap to get it ready to load onto a truck, never mind the time it takes to drive from one place to another, the trip from MA to TN that alone took us 2 days and I was driving the 28' box truck with a Cobra on a trailer behind the truck.

This last Feb. I came down with some sort of viral infection that I got from laying on the floor of the waiting room of the local ER, took me 2 weeks to kick that and still felt like crap for another 2 weeks.

Moving can take as long as a month for some people, hell by the time you get all the boxes unpacked and put into a place you can find the stuff can take a lot of time. Not everyone lives in a 1 bedroom apartment, some people have a lot of crap to move. And then there are the family things that can take president to some shmuck from the idiotnet who wants something done,

"Right Now !"

All those people who are complaining about the time it takes can also add on the time it takes some things to go threw the mail, be it in the same country or not. I have had things sent and even sent things to others that have taken 2 weeks to just get across the country I live in. I know it took longer than that to get to Nicks place in Spain when I sent him a set of hearing aids.

So there are things that can make life miserable for all of us as well as everyone else, was that the case in this issue? He did say he was moving, he did say he had some health issues to take care of,, we don't know just what they were from his posts, so it could be anything.

But being as we are on the idiotnet and feel everything should be done at the speed of light, it don't happen that way all the time now does it?

Just a simple question to anyone who has real life experience in doing just what this guy does, how long would it take to fix a harness for a custom installation like he does if you had an uninterrupted time to do said project? And as we all know nothing is ever just a sit down and getter done job, Sh!t happens !

Just asking because I have never done harness work like he is doing in this case, but I know from over 40 years of working on cars that,
1) these things can take time,
2) if anything can go wrong it will,

Just my 2 cents

Steve

By the sounds of your post it doesn't look like you read the previous posts it is %100 obvious what the issue is if you did read. Just my 2 cents. And so you know we all know we get busy but it doesn't take the time he is waiting for a harness to be made. READ THE POSTS DUDE!!

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

First I don't know the guy everyone on here is complaining about

Well, some of us do know him. He takes the money up front, then lies about delivery, and then disappears.. That is called lying and theft, plain and simple. If you went to the local furniture store, and paid them up front to bring you a sofa next Saturday, would you not be pissed off if they never showed up? Didn't answer your calls and emails? AND never refunded your money? That is what this pathetic scammer did. End of story.
Spare the sob story about "life happens".. we all know that this can happen. However, when you take money up front and promise a delivery date, the disappear, then there are no excuses. It doesn't matter if it is Fiero parts, a fridge, or landscaping services.

I now of 3 different people who are out money and core harnesses because of this crook, not to mention many others (including me) who had their cars butchered by him doing shoddy swaps that need to be re-done.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Well, some of us do know him. He takes the money up front, then lies about delivery, and then disappears.. That is called lying and theft, plain and simple. If you went to the local furniture store, and paid them up front to bring you a sofa next Saturday, would you not be pissed off if they never showed up? Didn't answer your calls and emails? AND never refunded your money? That is what this pathetic scammer did. End of story.
Spare the sob story about "life happens".. we all know that this can happen. However, when you take money up front and promise a delivery date, the disappear, then there are no excuses. It doesn't matter if it is Fiero parts, a fridge, or landscaping services.

I now of 3 different people who are out money and core harnesses because of this crook, not to mention many others (including me) who had their cars butchered by him doing shoddy swaps that need to be re-done.

I was going to get this guy FieroFlyer " Dan" to make my harness as well and I PMed him and he answered a few times but as soon as I asked too many questions he stopped replying soo I thought that was odd. Then this thread popped up and I'm happy it did because I would have been the next sucker to lose money 2 harnesses and a computer. So thank you Kawana and Camalot for this much needed info. And I'm sorry this has happened to any of you. I will also spread the word about FieroFlyer Dan!
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again, I have to state I got my harness earlier than expected, and Dan has and still does communicate with me promptly. He is top notch in my book.
I think there's a lot to the saying "you get more flies with sugar than with salt." when it comes to emails and how questions or inquiries are worded in text form. People get upset easily and it can be am turn off.
Just sayin'.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"My mind spins like helicopter blades." -G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou and Blue

1349 posts
Member since Dec 2013

Originally posted by FieroFastBackL67:

Bump

I believe Dan (FIEROFLYER) made a build thread about making swap harnesses.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

I think there's a lot to the saying "you get more flies with sugar than with salt."

That's not quite the same saying as I remember, but that's a discussion for another day.

Lou, there's no need for a customer be rude right off the bat, but there should also be no need to sugar-coat communications with a vendor either when things go south. That's ridiculous, we're all supposed to be adults here.

People get upset easily and it can be am turn off.

There's no excuse for a vendor "turning off" communications when he's taken people's money and not delivered the goods.

You had a positive experience with Dan. That's great. Others haven't. As a community, we don't wish to see more people get taken advantage of in this manner.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-24-2015).]

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fully understand. I am just pointing out my experience and my thought as to why he may have ignored some emails from people.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last spring I had ordered my harness, mounts and programmed ecu for around 500$, he provided fast communication and good services, took about 2 weeks to get here, my experience with him was good.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh you are right. I think the saying is "you get more flies with honey than with vinegar."

I would say "I stand corrected" but im sitting down. :P

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

PFF
System Bot
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't like getting involved in these threads but for the sake of others I'll throw my knowledge in.

1) my dad owns one of his swaps, it ran but very poorly. The PO paid for it not my dad, and he got what he paid for... a very poorly engineered but running car. To be fair it was one of the early ones but speaks to what he finds acceptable as quality work. I've been rebuilding it and replacing all of Dan's work piece by piece.

2)A buddy of mine and I bought his harness jig/business the first time he was moving and getting out if it 6 to 7 years ago. Then he got back in...moved..quit...got back in moved etc bla bla bla

3)when we bought the harness jig etc he told us it takes him 6 to 8 hrs to complete a harness. So two weeks should be tons of time for turnaround.

4)after we got the jig we decided we didn't have enough time to produce them in a timely manner, if you can't deliver....don't do it.

5) There has been enough said about cross border shipping excuses...they are bull and it's easy to shift blame to a 3rd party that can't speak up to call bull. Seems he blames shipping every time... or the customer.

6) Every bad business has some happy customers... buyer beware.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

I don't like getting involved in these threads but for the sake of others I'll throw my knowledge in.

1) my dad owns one of his swaps, it ran but very poorly. The PO paid for it not my dad, and he got what he paid for... a very poorly engineered but running car. To be fair it was one of the early ones but speaks to what he finds acceptable as quality work. I've been rebuilding it and replacing all of Dan's work piece by piece.

2)A buddy of mine and I bought his harness jig/business the first time he was moving and getting out if it 6 to 7 years ago. Then he got back in...moved..quit...got back in moved etc bla bla bla

3)when we bought the harness jig etc he told us it takes him 6 to 8 hrs to complete a harness. So two weeks should be tons of time for turnaround.

4)after we got the jig we decided we didn't have enough time to produce them in a timely manner, if you can't deliver....don't do it.

5) There has been enough said about cross border shipping excuses...they are bull and it's easy to shift blame to a 3rd party that can't speak up to call bull. Seems he blames shipping every time... or the customer.

6) Every bad business has some happy customers... buyer beware.

Couldn't have said it better man! I like how some people on here are still making excuses for him even when Dan has been proven a scammer. Oh well I've known Dan for years hes great maybe it was the way you txted him or talked to him or pmed him hahaha are you kidding me!? Maybe if Dan is reading text and PM's in a negative way maybe he's got the problem. Stop arguing fact its not fiction!!! This thread is starting to remind me of the saying from kindergarten "Think hard retard" ....
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sure hope the OP was able to get his harnesses back at the very least. I am saddened to see people get ripped off like this- it is not right. I am still waiting for Fieroflyer to fix the dozens of things he screwed up on my swap....LOL. I am sure I will be in the grave before this gets fixed.

I wish I had a spare harness- I would gladly donate it to the OP to help him get his car up and running.

Unfortunately, the reality seems to be that Fieros have very little aftermarket support since there is little to no money to be made in these cars. I have not been able to find anyone to help me fix my car either, despite having patience and money available. Lots of promises and good intentions, that' about it. I will likely throw in the towel in the next few months and pick up a real sports car as a hobby, and leave my Fiero to someone more deserving that knows how to work on the car and is not so reliant on flaky dreamers who make promises but don't deliver.

All the best to the OP and I hope he is able to get his car up and running somehow.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Luke PM sent

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He seems to have crawled out from under a rock and posted here. I am sure that since he finally has been able to magically connect to the internet, he will send your harness, a full refund, and a lengthy apology for being a thief

http://www.gtfieros.com/php...wtopic.php?f=9&t=739

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 08-08-2015).]

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For someone not having internet today, its very, very rare. Heck, 99% of people have it on
their cel phone.

Going to an internet café is no more. They could never stay in business...

For FieroFlyer having no communication is BS. He's hiding from you, and hopefully Dan will
be a man. Not hiding under a rock.

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Revin is right. Very little of the Fiero is used. After watching a supercharged harness built, if you make a jig, it is easy.
I had problems with both phonedawgz and fieroflier. Dan ended up building it. Timm paid me for a harness that I found out he used to build someone else's.
I found a few mistakes in Dan's harness. Disappointed that the wires were just "leftovers".
As many 3800 builds there are, surely someone would be able to reverse engineer. The schematics aren't that complicated.
I thought Joe in Colorado was going to start building them.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092929.html

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 08-09-2015).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He still doesn't have the decency to return your money and harness...but seems to have found time to post on another forum

All this without internet!

http://www.gtfieros.com/php...wtopic.php?f=9&t=741
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to get into the situations discussed here. All I will say is that I posted the name of the reliable swap harness vendor in the mall section that I use. The company offers swap harnesses made from all new materials, wire and connectors. If you are having trouble getting a harness, try this company. They are a full time/full line automotive harness shop, quite different than the "kitchen table" harnesses suppliers and the owner returns calls. They make LT1, LS1, LS2, LS6, Grand Prix, 4.9L Cadillac, 3800 Fiero swap harnesses and can fabricate anything custom.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And he has the nerve to post elsewhere... scammer

http://www.gtfieros.com/php...5&t=759&p=4355#p4355
PFF
System Bot
NIT WIT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2019 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NIT WITSend a Private Message to NIT WITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2019 and he’s still the same. Ordered a full swap kit and paid for it July 19 ,2019. Said it would be shipped the next day. Finally shipped it the second week of August just the harness and computer. Last week of August after several messages he finally replied that the mounts were shipped but got damaged and then lost on the way back to him in Canada but no tracking numbers for me to show he ever shipped anything.

September 3rd new set of mounts are supposedly shipped again with no tracking numbers AGAIN. October 3rd after him reading my message on Facebook Messenger and not replying to my question of where the hell are my mounts I’m finally ****ing pissed. I started a PayPal Claim against him but I forgot to lower the price to what the mounts are worth OOPS my bad. Week goes by and not a peep from him. ****it blasting his ass on the 3800sc swap page on Facebook in public. He says that I’ve received the mount kit already but still won’t produce a tracking number for proof , Then proceeds to threaten me with a fraud claim cause I can’t change the amount of the PayPal claim. Wants me to drop the claim cause he’s shipping the mounts with a tracking number on October 11,2019. I ain’t dropping the claim till those parts are in my hands. For all I know he could be like that man that shipped a bag of rubber dicks.

Wish I would have done some research before I bit the bullet with this c..ksucker. He’s said he’s quitting the mounts. So he’s only gonna screw ya over on a computer and harness. He’s a liar, thief and a scammer in my book
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2019 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has said many times that he is quitting.... but then comes back. Funny - no mention of quitting before you send money, right?

Sorry about the hassle you are going through- it is simply not fair. I won't rehash my past fights with him, as I have moved on, but there is no excuse for this. Plus.... "damaged in shipping"?? Really? You would have to run over a steel engine mount with an M1A1 Abrams main battle tank to cause it significant damage in shipping.... Pure BS- No tracking numbers means it was never shipped.

Did you try Fierorog for mounts? They seem pretty nice
vette7584

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2019 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i went through the same thing with him. i bought a set f mounts for my 88 swap a few years back, same stories about shipping, canada post and so on. i have since started a 2nd swap and used Fiero Rog, got my parts quick, no hassle. supposedly, from what i was told by fieroflyer himself, yes i actually spoke to him, once, he gave rog the right to copy/duplicate his mounts. Rog's mounts work great!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2019 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-14-2019).]

exc911ence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2019 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exc911enceSend a Private Message to exc911enceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh you are right. I think the saying is "you get more flies with honey than with vinegar."

The irony to this saying is that you can catch the most flies with sh!t .

[This message has been edited by exc911ence (edited 10-14-2019).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2019 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The man in question has disappeared from this forum. One can only imagine why

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

stevep914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevep914Send a Private Message to stevep914Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! 106 replies with regards to this scammer! I feel insignificant getting only 10 for my $1200 fiasco with Norms Fiberglass!! For whatever it is worth, it used to take a month to get my Canada Pension cheques delivered to me in Mexico; if they got here at all! Now they go to Tucson to an American bank- same day. Sorry for hacking this thread, would love to have done better on mine!
NIT WIT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2019 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NIT WITSend a Private Message to NIT WITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

He has said many times that he is quitting.... but then comes back. Funny - no mention of quitting before you send money, right?

Sorry about the hassle you are going through- it is simply not fair. I won't rehash my past fights with him, as I have moved on, but there is no excuse for this. Plus.... "damaged in shipping"?? Really? You would have to run over a steel engine mount with an M1A1 Abrams main battle tank to cause it significant damage in shipping.... Pure BS- No tracking numbers means it was never shipped.

Did you try Fierorog for mounts? They seem pretty nice

Next time I do a swap I will definitely use them.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2019 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevep914:

Wow! 106 replies with regards to this scammer! I feel insignificant getting only 10 for my $1200 fiasco with Norms Fiberglass!!

This thread is 4.5 years old. Your thread is what... 2.5 weeks old? Give it time!
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2019 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will put in my 2 cents on this and hope to only shed light on the other side. I started coming here 6+ years ago when I bought my first Fiero, actually before. I look here on a daily basis. I have bought parts and services from many members for my now 2 Fieros. One of them is Dan. When I decided to swap my 84 after driving it for 2 years I did so much reading and research and looking for vendors to select. One of the things I read was the sticky that is his thread on 3800 harnesses in the FAQ section. Tons of information and pictures, shared with members. I have always been amazed at how willing people can be to trash someone publicly, usually in an effort to get what they want. And I have been in the spot of having to deal with someone whom I felt had not fulfilled promises myself, but this forum is so hot and cold it sometimes amazes me. Anyway, in the end I contacted Dan because I saw how knowledgeable he was and sent my harness and ECM to him. He did a great job and faster than I expected as well as setting up my ECM and shipped back to me. I also had to contact him twice with questions and he was so helpful. I had read in several places where people got upset with him for not being responsive and I know those things happen but this is usually a hobby and or anyone doing a swap will find that things happen. And that was not my experience with him. And I have recommended him to a number of people who also got great results. It's like Yelp, mostly all you see is the bad, and I had good. It took 8 weeks to get the harness done for my LS swap in my 96 Z71 and my truck just sat with the engine in waiting for the harness. I had a new fully plug and play harness made from a company that does them full time and it took that long after they received it. I think Dan is someone who loves the hobby and has made a mark there and gets behind sometimes and does not like to fail his commitments and wants to be able to do more than he can. I see him frequently on the Facebook page now involved with the swap community there. I hope this issue gets resolved. I saw where this complaint became contentious on Facebook and the amount of the claim made was for the full amount and not just what had not been received, so there are issues on both sides. I bought mounts and flywheel from fierorog and the flywheel never made it, and he did ship me another one. But that's just my 2 cents, or maybe 10. Good luck with your issue.
PFF
System Bot
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been off the forum for a bit and noticed this thread popped back up and I really want to know if anyone got there money back or if any of the parts paid for showed and if they did were they worth using? I was also a little shocked that people appear to still sending him money for parts. Did anyone that recently purchased parts receive them?
stevep914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2019 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevep914Send a Private Message to stevep914Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, you are right- my bad! I had not even looked at the dates on this thread. I will have to be more attentive ( and patient!) thanks, Steve
NIT WIT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NIT WITSend a Private Message to NIT WITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just received my mounts today. They look like **** . He needs to quit. The welding is the worst I’ve seen. A good friend said they should be reinforced. Danny is not a stand up guy. If I could figure out how to get pictures on here you would ****
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NIT WIT:

If I could figure out how to get pictures on here you would ****

If you're running a Windows PC, download and install PIP to host and post images here. Max width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.
NIT WIT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NIT WITSend a Private Message to NIT WITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If you're running a Windows PC, download and install PIP to host and post images here. Max width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.

iPhone XR
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you wish, send a picture or two to the email address in my Profile and I'll post them.
NIT WIT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NIT WITSend a Private Message to NIT WITEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NIT WIT:

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2019 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW. And not in a good way.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock