Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Hello Friends. Can I get your expertise on how much this Fiero should sell for?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hello Friends. Can I get your expertise on how much this Fiero should sell for? by Steven_Kreg
Started on: 05-15-2015 08:46 PM
Replies: 5 (297 views)
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 05-18-2015 07:31 PM
Steven_Kreg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello...

I have been a fiero lover all my life. I got my first one when I was 18 and have owned about 6 of them. (sadly killing a few along the way)

I have a fiero now that runs ect. ect. But as we all know they usually need some manpower and work and money to keep running and keep on the road.

Sucks for me, but last year I suffered a heart attack and had to have open heart surgery and a double bypass and not only am I not recovering well from it physically it has also hurt me in the money pocket.

It looks like I have to sell my baby and just hope in the future I can somehow be reunited with one again. (cry)

You guys know so much more than me. I'm not really a car guy, the only car I've ever loved was the fiero.

Can you tell me how much I should put this up for sale.

I'll tell you a few things about it so you get the idea.

GOOD:

65k miles
Awesome condition body
The doors open and close so nice, best I ever had in a fiero. Not all loose and junky feeling, they open and close like a nice/normal car.
The interior is well taken care of and does not have a lot of warping or damage.
Starts/runs/drives with one brand new tire.

BAD:

Just recently the headlights wont turn off so I have the fuse or something out (forget it was before the surgery) I'm going to goof around with it and see if I can get them right again.
Burns some oil. Have no clue why.
For some reason it seems if I dont start it for days the battery dies. Not sure if this is true any more as I put in a new alternator just before my surgery and havent been able to test it.
Some warping of center console and typical wear.
The drivers side seat JUST got the little tear in it that they get from sliding in and out.
Drivers side tint has a small rip in it

I'll add any good or bad if I remember something...

Here are some pics....

It is an 84 SE with power windows.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Thank you so much for your help!

[This message has been edited by Steven_Kreg (edited 05-15-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's definitely an 84. 84 SE with issues but low mileage, $1200 ? Also depends where you are, values can fluctuate wildly depending on location.
Steven_Kreg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry, yea, 84.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2015 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prices seem to be all over the place but generally going up (or maybe people just ant stupid prices). That looks to be nice clean one, engine stuff is fixable even if it takes a newer engine to do that.
If it's rust free, I'd go for 3k or close to it. you can always come down!
I sold my 88 with poor bodywork for $700 recently (because that's all I was comfortable selling it for as I knew it's history including serious rust repairs I had done and didn't want anyone coming back to me over it) , that guy sold it on for $1700, then that buyer sold it on for around $2500.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Steven_Kreg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2015 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Itlfrari,

It is very clean and *solid*. But yea, it drives and runs just fine, but does have those current issues.

Its got some rust under it, but not enough to cause rust issues.

I really appreciate these number being thrown out their to give me a guideline as I'm ready to stick my baby up for sale this weekend.

[This message has been edited by Steven_Kreg (edited 05-16-2015).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out Paul's price guide. Long time Fiero aficionado. http://www.paulvargyas.com/Price%20Guide.htm

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock