Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Brand-X 3800 Mounts Announcement (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Brand-X 3800 Mounts Announcement by IwannaIRM
Started on: 05-08-2015 11:44 AM
Replies: 59 (2696 views)
Last post by: IwannaIRM on 09-07-2015 12:53 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Poe will be installing a 3800-SC into "MyTestarossa" build this fall...I am sure we will be utilizing these mounts!

Thanks for all the work to get us here.
IP: Logged
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

If Steve works out the wiring harness details it will one-stop shopping..

That is my ultimate goal...one-stop shopping, may even end up with some sort of kit.

Originally posted by Steel:

I plug welded and redrilled two holes on the original Fiero-X mounts I bought from Ryan, I know some slot them slightly to get everything to fit as every cradle can be slightly different for some reason.

Great news thanks for the update.

Good news is you won't have to plug weld any holes as Ryan changed his original design to eliminate those holes. Now the customer can drill the holes to fit their cradle exactly. I've kept his design so this can be as universal as possible. Unfortunately, GM in their infinite wisdom, couldn't make these holes in the exact same location on every cradle. This is hard for me to understand since these were board/computer designed, cut, and stamped by computers/robots. One would think they would all be the same.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE - 07/20/15

Sorry for the delay folks but I finally have the pricing information that I promised. As stated earlier, due to metal costs and a new fabricator with different rates the costs have gone up some from Ryan's original pricing which is roughly three years old.

All pricing includes:
  • Complete set of mounts as ordered by the customer (please specify year of cradle)
  • Mounts painted in Mat/Semi-Gloss Black (powder coating not available at this time - future plans)
  • Choice of poly, red or black
  • Printed instructions showing mount locations
  • Shipping to lower 48 states (Alaska, Hawaii, Canada and outside the US pay the difference)
  • Tracking number with insurance

All orders placed Monday through Friday will ship on the following Monday. This is so I can pick up all orders at on time, box everything up and make one drop at the Post Office. I work a 7 - 5 job all week and I am unable to go to the Post Office every day.

• Late Model 3800/4T65HD (2000 and newer w/pin mount) - $410.00
  • Early Model 3800/4T65HD (2000 and older w/bolt on mount) - $385.00
  • Manual Motor Mounts (utilizes stock Fiero mounts for Getrag) - $300.00
  • F23 Transmission Mounts (pending design)

Full production starts tomorrow on Tuesday, 07/21/15. According to the fabricator it will take 10 - 12 hours to cut all the pieces for all the sets and two to three days to weld and complete all the sets. I will post a for sale thread as soon as they are completed and available.

As stated earlier, "I will not take any pre-orders or pre-payments." This is to protect you and me. I prefer to sell what I have on the shelf not what I hope to sell based on orders. This will make a smoother transaction for all parties.

In the for sale thread I will post my paypal address, email address, phone number and company name.

Here's to finally making it to production!!!
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is nice. Congratulations to you, and your customers for getting quality parts!
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2000 GTP, how can I tell which mounts I need?

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP
2009 Mustang GT

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ChuckLS1:

I have a 2000 GTP, how can I tell which mounts I need?

I don't have a picture to show you but basically there is a round indent at the top of the transmission case that a 5/8" rod slides into (part of the complete bracket). It would be on the trunk side when installing into a Fiero. Send me a picture of your trans and I can tell you which one it is.
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is awesome I'm ordering your mounts tomorrow for the 3800 sc from a 2001 gtp and I'm using the Getrag and 88 cradle in an 87 gt. I would like the red mounts please! And very excited to see that your finally up and going Congrats!!
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you currently working on an F23 mount design or does the pending mean that you will at some point in the future?
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2015 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

Are you currently working on an F23 mount design or does the pending mean that you will at some point in the future?

The pending means sometime in the near future. I don't have a date but it is already in the preliminary design stages with some sketches. I need to buy/borrow an F23 transmission, get the mounts mocked up, modelled, and cut.

So anyone willing to lend me an F23 transmission in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for this next phase it would be greatly appreciated and potentially beneficial to the donor.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I don't have a picture to show you but basically there is a round indent at the top of the transmission case that a 5/8" rod slides into (part of the complete bracket). It would be on the trunk side when installing into a Fiero. Send me a picture of your trans and I can tell you which one it is.

The motor is still in the Grand Prix and is parked about 25 miles from me at my cousins house. Next time I'm there I'll take a look.

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE 07/30/15

I just talked to the fabricator to verify progress on the build.

He has all the plate steel and they have nested all the parts for cutting. He is just waiting for a window to get the waterjet cutting these.

This fabricator has other large jobs that are in front of my run but they will get done. These unexpected delays are exactly why I didn't and won't take any prepayment for parts. I don't want to have to make excuses for why your parts weren't delivered in a timely manner.

The fabricator stated he will most likely be able to get them cut next week and he will keep me posted on the progress.

Sorry for the delay folks.
PFF
System Bot
FieroFastBackL67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFastBackL67Send a Private Message to FieroFastBackL67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump... Can I order yet?
Chandler5192

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chandler5192Send a Private Message to Chandler5192Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, please let us know when we are able to order these and also any update on the wiring harness for the whole one stop shopping!
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for my late reply.

As of now, I can't take any orders. My fabricator had a problem with the C&C last week and had to stop cutting.

As the story goes, the CAD operator was supposed to put tabs in the program so that the small pieces wouldn't fall out to the bottom of the machine well. Well, they didn't and the pieces fell into the machine where they were unretrievable and were damaged with passing cuts. And as luck would have it when the fabricator told me this their CAD operator was on vacation.

So, me not being very C&C machine savy I'm unsure if this is true or not. I'm assuming he's being honest with me as he has been up front throughout the whole process.

That being said. They were supposed to cut again on Monday or today and start welding this week. I will contact him tomorrow to see if we are back on track.

I'm as anxious as everyone else to get these going as I need to get some other items rolling.

Good thing is I will have plenty of sets cut and welded so I won't have to worry about fabrication needs for awhile.

I apologize for the delays and I hope this is the last of them from the fabricator.
GadgetMaker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GadgetMakerSend a Private Message to GadgetMakerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Sorry for my late reply.

As of now, I can't take any orders. My fabricator had a problem with the C&C last week and had to stop cutting.

As the story goes, the CAD operator was supposed to put tabs in the program so that the small pieces wouldn't fall out to the bottom of the machine well. Well, they didn't and the pieces fell into the machine where they were unretrievable and were damaged with passing cuts. And as luck would have it when the fabricator told me this their CAD operator was on vacation.

So, me not being very C&C machine savy I'm unsure if this is true or not. I'm assuming he's being honest with me as he has been up front throughout the whole process.

That being said. They were supposed to cut again on Monday or today and start welding this week. I will contact him tomorrow to see if we are back on track.

I'm as anxious as everyone else to get these going as I need to get some other items rolling.

Good thing is I will have plenty of sets cut and welded so I won't have to worry about fabrication needs for awhile.

I apologize for the delays and I hope this is the last of them from the fabricator.

I am CNC savvy, I program them every day. The tabs thing is quite real, and unfortunately all too easy to forget. While understandable, it is unforgivable, I would be ENORMOUSLY angry if I did this in my shop. Most job shops can't afford that kind of error either.

While I don't plan to do a 3800 swap, I applaud your efforts, and especially the transparency and refusal to take peoples money you have demonstrated. I will be watching your for your future products!

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GadgetMaker:
While I don't plan to do a 3800 swap, I applaud your efforts, and especially the transparency and refusal to take peoples money you have demonstrated. I will be watching your for your future products!

Well, I don't want to fall into the trap of not delivering as promised or a customer saying I paid and it's been x number of weeks/months/etc. since I've sent my money and no product.

My goal all along was to do this at my expense without putting fellow Fiero owners money at risk. I learned from the last fabricator when he had promised to continue building the mounts, took payments from members and then had to return everyone's money when the fabricator backed out of the deal. I don't want to go through that again or put any customers through that either.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE! - 09/02/15

The moment is almost here. Just got off the phone with the fabricator and the water-jet has finished cutting out all/most of the parts (100 complete sets for early/late model auto and manual setup) and the parts that need bending are on their way to the brake shop. He stated, "You should have inventory by the end of this week."

So, great news for all of those waiting to buy these mounts. Friday I will verify we have some sets to start distributing and hopefully I will start taking everyone's orders Friday night. Everyone cross their fingers.

I appreciate everyone's patience during this process and appreciate you standing by and providing the positive reenforcement to keep pushing and getting these mounts made. Now, who needs a set.

I will be posting a full "Brand-X 3800 Mounts For Sale" post in the Mall this weekend if all goes as planned by the fabricator.

A friendly reminder for those of you that previously ordered mounts and had their money returned. As stated before, "I will honor the same purchase price from your initial order if you still need mounts." Please contact me for ordering information and your previous purchase price if you are still in need of the Brand-X 3800 Mounts.

Regards and thanks to all again.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these going to be poly or rubber bushed?

Or did I miss that part?

[This message has been edited by deezil (edited 09-04-2015).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deezil:

Are these going to be poly or rubber bushed?

Or did I miss that part?

Poly bushings.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2015 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The time is here. Please check out the Mall for the latest and greatest news!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock