Started on: 04-27-2015 09:31 PM
Replies: 53 (1017 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 05-03-2015 07:51 PM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw, man... I kinda liked how it was not showing the right number of years. That was the only math I do in my head anymore. 16 just doesn't sound the same.
Change it back!

IP: Logged
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Change it back!

You're probably one of those weirdos who liked the awful color scheme that Cliff experimented with several years ago. It was baaaaaaaad.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

but it would also be nice if we had a friendlier platform for real-time communications.

There has been a "PDA" version of PFF for, well, forever.

It doesn't work very well on modern smart phones anymore, but I've been working on that on and off for the past months now (that's why some pages display fine and others don't).

You can find it here: www.fiero.mobi

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

There has been a "PDA" version of PFF for, well, forever.

It doesn't work very well on modern smart phones anymore, but I've been working on that on and off for the past months now (that's why some pages display fine and others don't).

You can find it here: www.fiero.mobi

true I can remember at least 10 years ago browsing the PDA version on my flip phone. That version is ideal for a flip phone, but a modern smart phone not so much. I'll beta test your mobi version and see how it works.

EDIT I just checked it out on my Samsung Note 3 running Firefox and it shows promise. The thread index is easy to navigate. Looks like you haven't updated the actual threads yet though. And I don't know if you could more tightly integrate PIP into it such that pics are as easy to post as the social media sites? That's the number 1 complaint I hear.

Oddly I was hanging out on the Pennock's Facebook page and the folks there act like Pennock's forum is in no way related to the Pennock's facebook site. As if the forum is a dinosaur.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-01-2015).]

David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF is a Positively Fabulous Forum for Perfectly Fine Fieros to Potentially Functional Fieros for Periodically Frustrated Fixers and People Feeling Fine about the Plastic Fantastic Fiero. Please Feel Free to Post Fiero Fan-mail to Pennocks Fiero Forum.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be the first to admit that I bug Cliff about "annoyances". I'm sure he gets tired of it.
Am I complaining if I don't get my way? Heck no... Just voicing an opinion.

I thank Cliff for this place. Still the best Fiero resource on the web, IMHO. And my home away from home, pretty much.
Whether the number of years are right, or not.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:
If you want more traffic, participate more. If you want more pics, post them. Well, there is that small thing I'd like to see be improved.

Here's the thing, I can't do it alone...that's called a monologue. I mean I post up a bunch of responses and come back hours later and 4 out of 5 of the top posts are the ones I made hours ago. Back in the good ole days a post wouldn't last on the front page of GFC for more than a hour or two. Now they sit there for a week.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back in the good ole days a post wouldn't last on the front page of GFC for more than a hour or two. Now they sit there for a week.

No they don't. I never see posts older than 2 days on the front page.

PFF is still very, very active. Here are yesterday's stats (which can be found on the main forum page at the bottom): 168 unique members posted a message yesterday.

That's 168 unique members. Not 168 posts, but 168 members that posted one or more messages. That's lot. Even at this very moment, at 5:30 am there are still 82 people browsing the forum.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

No they don't. I never see posts older than 2 days on the front page.

PFF is still very, very active. Here are yesterday's stats (which can be found on the main forum page at the bottom): 168 unique members posted a message yesterday.

That's 168 unique members. Not 168 posts, but 168 members that posted one or more messages. That's lot. Even at this very moment, at 5:30 am there are still 82 people browsing the forum.

Sorry Cliff I was exaggerating. But two days is a lot longer than 2 hours. I used to check into the forum multiple times a day. Now every two days is sufficient. I think you yourself said that forum traffic is way down from where it used to be?

No disrespect intended. I love this forum, but short of a time machine it is unlikely to return to the glory days of the early 2000s. All forums are seeing the same thing. Maybe it's Fieros in general that are losing interest?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I remember back in the old days reading every new post in every thread. Didn't take too long either. Compared to that, the volume of posts these days is immense.

IMO, quality beats quantity every time. I don't see a need to return to the era of the greatest number of posts per day, as I seem to recall there were also the greatest number of trolls back then as well.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True that trolls are down as well. Maybe they have finally gotten lives and found better things to do? Nah, I'm sure they are still trolls no matter where they are.

The Archives alone here are invaluable. I would love to see the archives mated up to a Google like search. About the only luck I have with search is by title. Within the body of the thread not so much.
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would love to see the archives mated up to a Google like search.

Hmmmmm. I never realized archived threads don't show up in a Google search since there are no direct links to them through the forum... I have to think about a solution for that.

About the only luck I have with search is by title. Within the body of the thread not so much.

A lot of people are unaware of the many search features the PFF search offers. For a complete list, see this page.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11569 posts
Member since Jan 99
PS:

A lot of people are also unaware they can search PFF using Google. To search PFF using Google, simply enter your search on Google followed by "site:fiero.nl".

For instance:

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No disrespect intended. I love this forum, but short of a time machine it is unlikely to return to the glory days of the early 2000s. All forums are seeing the same thing. Maybe it's Fieros in general that are losing interest?

I'm on about a dozen different forums, and they're all slow nowadays compared to even just five years ago. All kinds of subject matter; not just cars. Where the 1990s were all about bulletin boards and email lists, and the 2000s were all about forums, the era of the social media has left everything else in its dust. For better or for worse.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock