1985 Fiero. by zzzhuh
Started on: 04-04-2015 02:10 PM
Replies: 9 (250 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-05-2015 12:40 AM
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this fiero on Craigslist today, and I noticed that the front bumper looks different:

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/4962876966.html

Anyone know anything about this? It's got 21K on the odometer so I wouldn't imagine it's aftermarket, but maybe im wrong. I kind of dig it, thoughts?

Edit: Notice the rear bumper is black and seems to protrude out more as well. Also those seats look unique.
------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 04-04-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Standard notchback with an aftermarket spoiler and really, really high price on it.

[This message has been edited by BrittB (edited 04-04-2015).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like an IRM front lower skirt. The skirt is period correct for the car.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front Air Dam is a Pegasus Engineering Air Dam. I it is pretty much a DGP Stage one kit with ribs.

They are very rare as the company was big in the 80's but the guy who ran it pretty much ripped many people off and went to prison on Federal Charges for mail fraud.

I have one I bought new. I was one of few that got my parts. Also there was one other in NV but I do not know if it is still around.

Pegasus advertised in all the magazines in the 80's in the back. They also offered side skits too.

By the way that is way too much for the car.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A nice very clean 85, the interior is stock. I hope they get their price it would make my 85 Fiero 2M4 with a 5 speed worth more.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The front Air Dam is a Pegasus Engineering Air Dam. I it is pretty much a DGP Stage one kit with ribs.

They are very rare as the company was big in the 80's but the guy who ran it pretty much ripped many people off and went to prison on Federal Charges for mail fraud.

I have one I bought new. I was one of few that got my parts. Also there was one other in NV but I do not know if it is still around.

Pegasus advertised in all the magazines in the 80's in the back. They also offered side skits too.

By the way that is way too much for the car.

Pegasus Engineering? I think I might have a cataloge from them, still have a bunch from the early '90s.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting, I was able to find another forum with even more Pegasus Engineering. I got to say, some of the side panels look REALLY good. I wonder why someone doesn't jump on this and start remaking these panels. I assume copy rights.

BTW, about the price.

Here in Colorado, the price of Fiero's is higher than most other places. They tend to go for $2,000- all the way up to the price you see on that ad above. People here don't seem to really know what a Fiero is which is fun but kind of unfortunate. I've had people ask if it was a prototype or if it was a Delorean... Even tho there is a PONTIAC taillight lens

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Very interesting, I was able to find another forum with even more Pegasus Engineering. I got to say, some of the side panels look REALLY good. I wonder why someone doesn't jump on this and start remaking these panels. I assume copy rights.

BTW, about the price.

Here in Colorado, the price of Fiero's is higher than most other places. They tend to go for $2,000- all the way up to the price you see on that ad above. People here don't seem to really know what a Fiero is which is fun but kind of unfortunate. I've had people ask if it was a prototype or if it was a Delorean... Even tho there is a PONTIAC taillight lens

Well there are only three air dams I have seen like this and only two cars with the side skirts. There were no rear offered.

The guy pretty much stole the DGP styling and put a Pontiac rib on them. He also offered suspension kits and a rear wing.

FOCOA also offered his parts but even back in the day I never saw another one till about 10 years ago I saw some old photo's of one in NV. Not sure if that car is even around anymore. I went to many of the national events and even with up to 350 cars back in the early 90's no other car had my FX.

I did use the Mecham rear FX to finish off the rear. They blended in and no one is the wiser.

As for price this car really needs to be a GT to bring this money. There just is not much demand for a car like this at this price. You can find similar 4 cylinders with a little more miles still clean for much less.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2015 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6001 posts
Member since Mar 2003
[URL=https://www.google.com/search?q=Pegasus+Engineering+fiero&biw=1888&bih=936&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NZ8gVd7GGISWsAXNiYD4CQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1#imgdii=_&imgrc=zxgniTeBIgf8FM%253A%3BUpk8ENd4xm5-nM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimages.fieroforum.com%252Fpff image]https://www.google.com/sear...rum.com%252Fpffimage[/URL] s2%252Fatwood_lake.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fiero.nl%252Fforum%252FArchives%252FArchive-000002%252FHTML%252F20130314-1-050416-8.html%3B400%3B300

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050119-1-044982.html

This is mine with the side skirts.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 04-04-2015).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2015 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

Standard notchback with an aftermarket spoiler and really, really high price on it.

Wow, asking almost $10,000 for an '85 4-banger automatic. No thanks.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock