Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Fastback Tail Light Lenses ( NOS ) $$$$$ (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Fastback Tail Light Lenses ( NOS ) $$$$$ by Danyel
Started on: 03-15-2015 08:08 PM
Replies: 77 (2463 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 04-21-2015 09:26 PM
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh this turned out better than my wildest expectations! VVer...rrrrrrrr.......rrrryyy sllllllll......loooooowwwwwwly! perfect!

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-20-2015).]

IP: Logged
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I'm just wondering how much these are going to sell for .... I say at least 1.2K for the pair ANYONE willing to guesstimate !!

Ebay Lenses

Well I was 75$ off ................ LOL

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-22-2015).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone on here the buyer?

Hard to believe some plastic is worth that.

I'm trying to get some guys I know big into 3D printing to take an interest in reproducing these at a reasonable price.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Hard to believe some plastic is worth that.

Maybe they come with a Fiero Store gift receipt. The winner can return them and get $199 minus shipping.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm trying to get some guys I know big into 3D printing to take an interest in reproducing these at a reasonable price.

I'm not sure the 3D printing is there, yet.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Maybe they come with a Fiero Store gift receipt.

LOL My first thought was I hope the guy remembers to take the FS packing list out of the box before he mails it!

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

US $1,125.00

Wow - has got me wondering what my OEM NOS complete units (not just the lens) are worth....
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I would have paid that much....maybe...that's a lot ...glad I got my perfect sets B4 the prices doubled.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

US $1,125.00

Wow -that has me wondering what my OEM NOS complete units (not just the lens) are worth....

Got a pair NIB too !!! huummm that is a serious question... I have 2 sets of undelaminated uncracked tails .... I'm gonna list one pair tonight.... we'll see what they go for ....... anyone care to guesstimate ??
I would say 750 to 800 mark

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, I think you're on the right track. I don't think $1,125 can be duplicated but I think your going to be light at $800 unless the other bidder took his/her meds and is now thinking clearer. I sold a set of FS headers and got really good money. another fellow put his for sale hoping for the same kind of money and they sold much cheaper. timing is everything. I'll be watching the bidding with my hands in my pockets. I hope you score big!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2015 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well here is the Listing link to my fastback tailights ..... I was too chickenshit to start the auction at $1.00 so I thought the last set that sold last week had delaminationand went for 650$ so I added 50$ and listed .... good luck to the bidders.... these will be nicely packed and shipped and insured with tracking.

Good luck to all

My Ebay Auction

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm not sure the 3D printing is there, yet.

SpaceX prints their rocket engines out of Titanium... 3C printing has come a long way in a short time. Some clear plastic shouldn't be that difficult.
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2015 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Printing clear plastic to the standards needed for a automotive tailight isn't there yet jscott, however printing something that could be used to make the tooling is.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:
Seems strange if Fiero store ones would have said "Remove at Dealer" on them.

Can you post a pic of them in their wrapper ?? That way we can see if the ones on Ebay are TFS or OEM like yours?

Just to clear up any confusion, I can say with 100% certainty that the Fiero Store Reproductions do indeed have the "REMOVE PROTECTIVE FILM AT DEALER" on the plastic they are wrapped in.

Fiero Store produced and wrapped tail light lenses:

I was keeping this quiet until this was a done deal. On the way back from Daytona last night I stopped at someones house that had a pair of New in box Fiero Store Tail lights. When I talked to him some time ago, he said he just wanted what he paid for them. He bought them from the Fiero store early on for $199.95. (He showed me the receipt) So for an extra nickel, I paid for them and brought them home

Here they are before I wrapped them back in their bubble wrap, and then wrapped them in a soft blanket for storage in the spare bedroom closet.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 03-30-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just curious about the 'T'. All good there?

Congrats on scoring the lenses.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 03-30-2015).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just curious about the 'T'. All good there?

Congrats on scoring the lenses.

Wow, that is strange! Scared me for a second actually. Yea the "T" is fine on the lenses here. It looks like it is missing in the photo! I had to run and verify that it was Ok! Hahahah. Somehow the "T" just didn't show up in the photo for some reason. It has the same exact light curve/minor blemish to the top left of the "T" as in the ones I posted a close up picture that were available in the eBay auction that this thread was started for.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. That's what I meant.

I guess 'scoring' wasn't the best choice of word. 'Obtaining' is better.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2015 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is Maaco installing these for you?

Sorry John, I had to.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2015 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess 'scoring' wasn't the best choice of word. 'Obtaining' is better.

Nah, at the price I paid.... I think "Scoring" is quite ok

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

So is Maaco installing these for you?

Sorry John, I had to.

Of course you did!

Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2015 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone will be willing to donate back to the Fiero store so they could reproduce these again (at the cost of a replacement set for free), I know I could use a set...
Rodrv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow..... After reading this thread, I went out to the shop and retrieved the tail light lenses I bought from the Fiero Store back when they first offered them. The "T" is nearly flawless on mine. They will now live in the house in nice climate control. No, they are not for sale...............

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Porsche 928S4
1987 Corvette
2001 Chrysler 300M
Van's RV-6 airplane

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodrv6:

They will now live in the house in nice climate control.

Yeah no doubt! Makes me wish I'd bought 2-3 more pairs.

I bet there's a lot of "extra" pairs stashed away like these were "just in case".

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 3 sets of used but nice OEM fastback tail lights (complete lights - not just the lenses) in my parts collection besides the set on my GT clone... no they are not for sale.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Though I tend to agree with you on it being very misleading. However, technically & legally I think they can be listed as NOS. NOS, as we know, stands for "New Old Stock". Technically they are NEW and are old Fiero Store stock. they are NOT OEM, but he never mentions that they are.

Again it is misleading, but legally I think he is covered. Shady for certain......

Yep, I think thats it. They are new and they are old. Prob hoping no one would catch it. If you want real parts, it needs to say NOS OEM.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 04-02-2015).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I've got a set just like that, yours for same price !
jasonn674

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonn674Send a Private Message to jasonn674Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what's the deal with the FieroStore not considering to produce an other run of these?
Seems like they'd sell quite well..
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jasonn674:

So what's the deal with the FieroStore not considering to produce an other run of these?
Seems like they'd sell quite well..

They would sell well. The short answer is that the molds, which are very expensive to make, were lost. Explanation and a whole lot more here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094301.html
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-19-2015 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Yep, I think thats it. They are new and they are old. Prob hoping no one would catch it. If you want real parts, it needs to say NOS OEM.

On the other hand, if they were produced from the exact same molds as the originals were, as TFS acquired the molds from GM, how are they not OEM? It seems like whoever owns the original molds (though those apparently were destroyed) would be the OEM, in the same way that GM is no longer the OEM for Saab as it was sold off. They are OEM if they were made directly from the original molds, whether or not that OEM is GM.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I have 3 sets of used but nice OEM fastback tail lights (complete lights - not just the lenses) in my parts collection besides the set on my GT clone... no they are not for sale.

Everything is for sale...what if I offered you One Billion dollars? I thought so. Now we are just negotiating.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everything is for sale...what if I offered you One Billion dollars? I thought so. Now we are just negotiating.

Not everything is for sale...because $$$ isn't everything... at least not to me. If you want to test me on the Billion dollar offer, my paypal email is fieroguru@lycos.com. Send the money and see if I send you a refund or the tail lights... ball is in your court!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The limit at a time for paypal transfers is 10K...... man your are really not done transfering
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

for an even billion I would sell my NOS ones, and not a penny less...
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
huuuummm for half of that I'd sell you mine which are NIB .....

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-20-2015).]

jasonn674

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonn674Send a Private Message to jasonn674Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, I emailed the Fiero Store to see if they had any plans to bring them back.. here's their reply:

"They were discontinued because the tooling was destroyed without our
cooperation or knowledge. I am sure we will produce them again but as with
all things it is a process that takes a fare amount of time."
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-20-2015 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jasonn674

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2015 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonn674Send a Private Message to jasonn674Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Hope they make this in to a reality!

I know I'd buy a set.
My 87GT has just started the cancerous delamination process on the passenger side and it's spreading fast! the driver's side is near perfect, but does have a very small spot which looks suspect for the future.

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

huuuummm for half of that I'd sell you mine which are NIB .....

undercut me will you?...fine, first $25 million takes mine.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 04-21-2015).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

undercut me will you?...fine, first $25 million takes mine.

I guess you win ... I'll never go that low
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock