Important and Time sensitive...Gauge Overlays by TXOPIE
Started on: 03-02-2015 04:59 PM
Replies: 2 (226 views)
Last post by: Rare87GT on 03-03-2015 02:28 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys,

As some of us already know...Speedhut is not going to fabricate anymore new plastic pieces after what they have in stock is gone...they are done doing Fiero custom gauges.

I have just ordered the following custom set of gauges from them:

Day:

Night:

What makes this a little unique is that they are going to do me a custom over-lay for my sunfire Turbo/Tach gauge.

It started out me emailing them almost 2 months ago with a picture of the gauge and asking if they could do one to go with the other gauges that would match.
They emailed back and said yes as long as I supplied the artwork.

So I did up the artwork, purchased the gauge over-lays online. Then emailed them my graphic overlay images with the PO# as requested.
After not hearing anything for almost 10 days I reached out to them to see why I had not heard anything back and not received a proof.
Unfortunately they stated they would have to look into it and get back to me.
A few days later they get back to me and told me that they have the artwork, but they can't do it...because the plastic template is not the same as the stock fiero.
I got pretty upset at this point...since I took the time to ensure this wouldn't be an issue upfront.
I told the rep on the phone that this bordered on fraud...I told them I invested $ to have the artwork done correctly....so it was plug & play for them.
Once the owner got involved...I received another call back stating that they would be able to do it now...but there would be $50 charge for the customization...which I was good with from the get go!

Long story...short...they are about to make one of these gauge over-lays...which they may never do again...so contact me if you have a Sunfire Turbo/Tach gauge and you have ever considered an over-lay...your time is limited!

I would imagine you could change up the artwork anyway you want it...but this maybe the only run of this specific gauge over-lay.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-02-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2015 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what i dont understand is they did mine and if you look they do gmc syclone gauges wich is the same as the sunbird.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on the website now. Are these the only gauges they have left that you can order and the only colors too? I'm guessing the only way to customize them is to call them as I don't see that option on the check out screen. Just thought I'd double check. I was going to call them but I cannot while I'm at work in a meeting lol.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave