Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any meets around Cecil County MD, any mechanically inclined folks? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any meets around Cecil County MD, any mechanically inclined folks? by RivetTheMasses
Started on: 02-06-2015 07:51 PM
Replies: 100 (1333 views)
Last post by: dajack761 on 04-06-2015 07:56 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lots of us local.. whatcha need?
IP: Logged
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in northern DE. Work in Middletown. Thats not to far from Elkton. What kind of help are you looking for with the swap? I can spin a wrench.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You boys in or near the Oxford, Pa area may want to consider this auto repair shop. I took my Fiero there 4 years ago to have them weld on the Cadillac exhaust tips. They have several lifts in their shop including the old school type you drive onto so no chance of crushing any coolant pipes.

A young guy did the work and took time when done to eyeball both sides to make sure they were level. He even had me look at them to concur.
The price was right and I could sit in the office and watch my car being worked on in the bay.

http://www.jennings-auto.com/

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2015 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

lots of us local.. whatcha need?

If you end up heading out to help, swing by & pick me up.
RivetTheMasses

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be dishing out every dime for every part and tool that'll be needed, what I need is a place to do the swap and somebody to pretty much sit. , point and tell me what to do . Most I've ever done is a radiator and that was awhile back. I want to be able to say I built my car, I'd prefer not to pay somebody else to do it. It's going to be a learning process for me, and a big middle finger to the guys who think that buying a 60k car makes them a car guy haha.
Oh and two pages. Boo ya.
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RivetTheMasses

52 posts
Member since Sep 2014

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

I'm in northern DE. Work in Middletown. Thats not to far from Elkton. What kind of help are you looking for with the swap? I can spin a wrench.

I work in Middletown as well, Sunday-Wednesday night. Usually off work weekends.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Xx double post xX

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 02-10-2015).]

RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
??
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sending you a message....
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

You boys in or near the Oxford, Pa area may want to consider this auto repair shop. I took my Fiero there 4 years ago to have them weld on the Cadillac exhaust tips. They have several lifts in their shop including the old school type you drive onto so no chance of crushing any coolant pipes.

A young guy did the work and took time when done to eyeball both sides to make sure they were level. He even had me look at them to concur.
The price was right and I could sit in the office and watch my car being worked on in the bay.

http://www.jennings-auto.com/

Spoon

I've taken my MERA to Jennings to get custom exhaust made and the guy was an artist. He did a great job. I love it! That was back in 2004. I suggested my brother take his Fiero to Jennings for his custom exhaust about 2 years ago. The guy there said it must have been his brother that worked on my car years ago and didn't seem to excited to do his Fiero. It sat at his shop for about a week until my brother pulled it because the shop never got around to it.
midlifecrisis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for midlifecrisisSend a Private Message to midlifecrisisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LostNotForgotton:

I've taken my MERA to Jennings to get custom exhaust made and the guy was an artist. He did a great job. I love it! That was back in 2004. I suggested my brother take his Fiero to Jennings for his custom exhaust about 2 years ago. The guy there said it must have been his brother that worked on my car years ago and didn't seem to excited to do his Fiero. It sat at his shop for about a week until my brother pulled it because the shop never got around to it.

Jennings is just around the corner from my house and they did the exhaust on my Duster back in 01. Things have changed since then, The brother that did the custom exhaust took a lot of pride in his work and sadly had an accident and lost an eye. After that he had problems welding and decided to quit.
PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one of you guys the owner of an all black fastback GT? I'm assuming it was an 88. I saw you heading east on rt 40 at around 10 am.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Shade Tree Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Tree FieroSend a Private Message to Shade Tree FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
might be me
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rock a red and black notchback so it wasn't me 😅.
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the Joppa area of Harford county so I am right in the middle of the mix of people around here. I have a three bay shop in Joppa if you need space to do some work. I would really like to do a local type meet sometime before the May 2nd run if anybody is interested?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im down, im sure a few others would come too.

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd try to attend any local get togethers. Also, if anyone was interested in sporting their Fiero's around an autocross event there is one coming up in April. Right now it looks to be to early to know where the event will be held but they are normally at either Glasgow High School in DE on RT896 or at Keene Elementary School in DE on RT40. Lot's of fun and you really learn a lot about your own car's limits while also picking the brain's of experienced drivers. The first AutoX event of the year is April 11 from 9-3. Entry fee is $25 and everyone leaves with a smile BUT if you happen to have the first or second fastest times in your class you also leave with a nice Glass you can use for your favorite drink, lol. Here are links for the details for anyone who wishes to come along and make a Fiero presence

or

[url=]https://www.facebook.com/events/612137368888113/?notif_t=plan_user_invited

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
http://www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Navyfierodriver81:

I'm in the Joppa area of Harford county so I am right in the middle of the mix of people around here. I have a three bay shop in Joppa if you need space to do some work. I would really like to do a local type meet sometime before the May 2nd run if anybody is interested?

Count me in!
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice!
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the next step is finding a nice enough day that a couple of us are free... The weekend of the 21st and 22nd look halfway decent so far if anyone is free. The shop will be doing normal business during the morning and early afternoon on Saturday but we could get together in the late afternoon or anytime on Sunday.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So the next step is finding a nice enough day that a couple of us are free... The weekend of the 21st and 22nd look halfway decent so far if anyone is free. The shop will be doing normal business during the morning and early afternoon on Saturday but we could get together in the late afternoon or anytime on Sunday.

I'm free on Saturday the 21st. Just let me know when and where.
PFF
System Bot
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Saturday afternoon(21st) works for me as well, long as I don't get overtime at work I should be free.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weekends are wide open for me.
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the 21st it is, barring any mid week crisis. We usually wrap up business at 3 on Saturdays but if need be we can amend the shops schedule.
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shoot me a time and address and I should be there no issue.
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok.... I am proposing Saturday the 21st, around 330 P.M. at m shop in Joppa. Address is 1108 Mountain RD. Joppa MD 21085. Shop name is Done Rite Auto. We can use this as a trial run for a more regular get together. If the weather doesn't look like it wants to cooperate very well we can always move to the shop area. I figure this will be a nice chance for us to get together and start a coop of sorts for this area. Any thoughts on this?
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok.... I am proposing Saturday the 21st, around 330 P.M. at m shop in Joppa. Address is 1108 Mountain RD. Joppa MD 21085. Shop name is Done Rite Auto. We can use this as a trial run for a more regular get together. If the weather doesn't look like it wants to cooperate very well we can always move to the shop area. I figure this will be a nice chance for us to get together and start a coop of sorts for this area. Any thoughts on this?

Sounds like a good plan. See you there.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LostNotForgotton:

I tried the PIP too and I don't think they use that anymore. You have to upload your photos to something like photobucket and copy the IMG like to the right of the pic. If you use one from the internet you copy the link between [img][/img].

PIP is still in use today and does a good job on Windows based computers. Just for fun since you have a Mera, here is a photo of one of mine posted using PIP.

Nelson
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Navyfierodriver81: Any thoughts on this?

Do you have an oven for powder coating? I have a gun & some powder...
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately we don't. We are a general repair shop for the most part.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RivetTheMasses:

Well this is great haha. You guys rock. And Newark isn't far at all from me, heck I drove to Middletown daily for work anyways. Pass it by every time.

So you're the guy in the red notchie I pass on Choptank Rd every day? lol

Look familiar? haha
PFF
System Bot
Shade Tree Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shade Tree FieroSend a Private Message to Shade Tree FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will try to come
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

So you're the guy in the red notchie I pass on Choptank Rd every day? lol

Look familiar? haha

Holy Christ haha I definitely recognize that car, you work in Middletown I assume? I think I saw your car yesterday morning lol
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2015 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RivetTheMasses

52 posts
Member since Sep 2014

Unfortunately we don't. We are a general repair shop for the most part.

Have any part time openings for a complete newbie to the automotive mechanic scene? 😁
LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So do you work on Fiero's at your shop? If so would you be willing to change an oil pan gasket and how much would you charge? Long story short I did a winter rally course last weekend in NH. Tons of fun but the car car came back a little more beat than when it left. It was -16 degrees that day and I ended up with a dead battery, a terrible oil leak from the oil pan I think and an alignment. The drive home I basically did an oil change every 100 miles. I had to stop and add almost 4 quarts of oil every 100 miles and my trip was 460 miles.I don't have the time to change the oil pan gasket before the autocross season starts so I'd entertain having someone else do it.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RivetTheMasses:

Holy Christ haha I definitely recognize that car, you work in Middletown I assume? I think I saw your car yesterday morning lol

Yessir. I work off of Choptank Rd. You'll see me every day around 730am and 4pm. lol
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Yessir. I work off of Choptank Rd. You'll see me every day around 730am and 4pm. lol

So where's your fiero? Never seen another passing me haha
RivetTheMasses

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RivetTheMassesSend a Private Message to RivetTheMassesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RivetTheMasses

52 posts
Member since Sep 2014
Unfortunately I won't make it to the meeting on Saturday, have OT at work. Everybody else have a blast!
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2015 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent Lost...
Navyfierodriver81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2015 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Navyfierodriver81Send a Private Message to Navyfierodriver81Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We should probably discuss postponing this afternoons meet. With the snow scheduled to start around 1 and the amounts they are calling for I think we should look into trying another day. Thoughts?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock