Now this is a body kit I would like to see produced for the Fiero by TXOPIE
Started on: 12-31-2014 02:03 PM
Replies: 18 (1155 views)
Last post by: project34 on 01-07-2015 11:56 AM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A body kit based on the Ferrari Sergio...this body is just begging to be mounted on an 88 GT with T-Tops!

Rob Amida's G1 would look very nice for a replacement interior (ebony with red stitching).
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put the fuell filler on the driver's side, and the exterior would be great! A few color changes, though. Interior, not so much.

There was someone who cut their Fiero up to do something like this. They had a rear Firebird window as the windshield, and I think it was a roadster or convertible, but was along these lines. I don't think the project was completed, though.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would look nice in between my Meras and is slightly more modern.

Nelson
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it would be doable...or real close:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Even though it would be better to start with a nochie IMO.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 12-31-2014).]

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:
Even though it would be better to start with a nochie IMO.

Or a Lotus or Alfa 4C, which have body lines that already match the design of this Ferrari quite closely, and which already have targa tops.
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks pretty reminiscent of some of the race cars of the 1960s. My dad had a slop car that looked similar.
Don't think I'd like say I drove an Italian man's name around.

Q: What are you driving there?
A: Sergio.
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look doable, but also very complicated and thus would be a costly undertaking in market that seems to be dwindling. Bummer...........

------------------

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:
Don't think I'd like say I drove an Italian man's name around.

Q: What are you driving there?
A: Sergio.

Like Ferrari or Lamborghini? Enzo perhaps? Maybe Fiero?
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Like Ferrari or Lamborghini? Enzo perhaps? Maybe Fiero?

I'm not too fond of the name, but I'm curious if an Enzo or Dino would be an issue?

Bob
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somewhat reminds of the car PFF'er CMacD was designing in this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/131239.html I wonder what ever happened to him...

mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I'm not too fond of the name, but I'm curious if an Enzo or Dino would be an issue?

Bob

To me Dino is a dinosaur or a Ferrari. It sounds like a nickname at best. Enzo already has last name on every Ferrari. Sergio sounds like a stereotype. Gives me a mental image of a sunglass wearing, gold necklace smothered in chest hair sporting, pointy shiny shoe rocking, slicked back hair disco-rat with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 01-01-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:
To me Dino is a dinosaur or a Ferrari. It sounds like a nickname at best. Enzo already has last name on every Ferrari. Sergio sounds like a stereotype. Gives me a mental image of a sunglass wearing, gold necklace smothered in chest hair sporting, pointy shiny shoe rocking, slicked back hair disco-rat with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth.

I'm pretty sure the Fonz didn't drive a Ferrari.
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, he's a motorcycle guy.

Doesn't the car look like it's a closer fit for an MR2 for a kit? ETA: Wow, look at the distance from the door to the front tire.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 01-01-2015).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
don't need a kit - get a Lotus Evora GTE, limited China edition

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
or even a 2010 regular version

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
maybe i shouldn't show you guys this, but here's the rear half of your kit for a pretty reasonable $1800 asking price

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/4751810453.html

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 01-06-2015).]

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Somewhat reminds of the car PFF'er CMacD was designing in this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/131239.html I wonder what ever happened to him...

Bloozberry, I can't find on the Internet a picture of a real car that corresponds reasonably well with the picture you've posted above at the lower left. However, the other three pictures of the four you've posted remind me more of the 2014-only, 950 HP, $1,700,000, curiously-named, Ferrari LaFerrari hybrid --- with its much more distinctive, deeply recessed side panels --- rather than those of the longer-running, comparatively "cheapo" Ferrari 458 Italia, which CMacD claimed to be fond of.

I don't understand these apparent inconsistencies, and maybe one is better served by not knowing what, if anything, is behind them.

As for CMacD himself, I don't know what happened to him, but his previous post on PFF was very nearly 7 months ago, back on 06-09-2014.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock