Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is PIP down again, or is it just me this time?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is PIP down again, or is it just me this time? by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-11-2014 12:30 AM
Replies: 23 (313 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 10-16-2014 07:15 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can not get PIP to work here for the past couple days. It looks like it is timing out trying to contact the server, which causes the program to freeze. I have tried on 2 PC's here in the house with no luck.

I tried the web based version, also no luck.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Must be at your end. Works fine here.

Yarmouth Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Yarmouth FieroSend a Private Message to Yarmouth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working fine on the east coast too.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked in mine and my configuration profile is gone. The auto config "get it" button will not allow me to select it. Weird...
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My config profile was gone as well. I uninstalled it through program manager, and reinstalled it. It appears to be working now:

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just uninstalled and reinstalled...same issue. I can manually config but the auto config does not work. Can someone take a quick screenshot of their configuration so I can load mine back up please?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Yarmouth Fiero:

Working fine on the east coast too.

Glad to see we have all boobs bases covered.
Yarmouth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yarmouth FieroSend a Private Message to Yarmouth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was a little suprised one of our Quebec friends didn't chime in with a Habs honey
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was a little suprised one of our Quebec friends didn't chime in with a Habs honey

Dammit, I knew she was cheating on me!

Yarmouth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Yarmouth FieroSend a Private Message to Yarmouth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never cared for the Habs.....till now.

Funny story but completely off topic, a few years ago I had an opportunity to have dinner with Guy Lafleur and near the end the maitre'd brought out a Polaroid camera ( ok, more than a few years ago). Guy asks if I want my picture taken with him and I say" No offense Guy, but I've always been a Leaf's fan........ so... no thanks". He thought that was hilarious and of course I got my pic taken with him. He signed the Polaroid "To Graham......Good luck with the Leaf, Guy Lafleur"

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny story but completely off topic, a few years ago I had an opportunity to have dinner with Guy Lafleur...

Now that's a really cool story! (All the American guys are going... "Who the hell is Guy Lafleur?" ) Did Guy have a cigarette going all through dinner? I find it amazing that an athlete of his caliber chain-smoked!

No polaroid to prove it, but I had an opportunity to talk with Bobby Hull and his brother Dennis for about ten minutes back in 1998 when the NHL All-Star Weekend was here in Vancouver. They were at an NHL function promoting something or another and for some reason nobody else from the public was around them. I asked Bobby if he felt any love for Vancouver born Canadiens tough guy John Ferguson. They had some epic battles, including one while Bobby still had a broken jaw wired shut. Bobby laughed at my question. He's a great guy, very sociable. He genuinely seemed to enjoy talking to my dad who was 78 at the time.

PFF
System Bot
Yarmouth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Yarmouth FieroSend a Private Message to Yarmouth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he has been taking better care of himself ha-ha-ha. They were certainly a different breed of athlete back then. Guy was a very nice guy to talk to and has the biggest hands I had ever seen. ha ha ha. I was down in Peoria Illinois and he was flying a helicopter to Las Vegas and had a stop over. He was standing in the hotel lobby and I just walked up and introduced myself. We ended up going out for dinner. For being a hockey god, he was very down to earth and we had a great time. He had some hilarious stories from the his past and was very relaxed talking about his experiences on and off the ice. Its a very surreal experience to meet someone you idolized your whole life.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was down in Peoria Illinois and he was flying a helicopter to Las Vegas and had a stop over.

Guy's a helicopter pilot?

Yarmouth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yarmouth FieroSend a Private Message to Yarmouth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess so. He and a friend where taking a unit down for an air show. Guy is a pretty talented guy..ha-ha-ha-ha
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know why anyone fights with PIP. I see new complaints every week. It was good a dozen years ago. Too many other, simpler, hassle free ways out there.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I don't know why anyone fights with PIP. I see new complaints every week. It was good a dozen years ago. Too many other, simpler, hassle free ways out there.

Roger, what took you so long?

PIP works just fine the vast majority of time.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, PIP is a ROYAL PAIN, we all know that. You still seem to take any and every opportunity to remind everyone of it. However, for the only forum that I presently know of in the Internet, that does not allow you to upload photo's while posting, PIP is the ONLY solution to ensure the pictures remain in a thread. Sure, it's FAR easier to upload to other services, but things change, accounts change, accounts get abandoned or erased, and then you get all the threads with broken images.

Use another way to post photo's, and eventually the thread will look like this:

User posted images using a web server:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000004.html

User posted images using Image Shack:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/126720.html

User posted images using Photobucket:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/127926.html
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same thing I always also say...if you see pics you want to keep, SAVE THEM. whats your computer hold like 500,000 photos ? I just click save for any I want to keep. When I get enough on a given subject, I just save them to a disc and clear them off the hard drive and start over.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Same thing I always also say...if you see pics you want to keep, SAVE THEM. whats your computer hold like 500,000 photos ? I just click save for any I want to keep. When I get enough on a given subject, I just save them to a disc and clear them off the hard drive and start over.

You're such a know it all.. give it a rest.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Same thing I always also say...if you see pics you want to keep, SAVE THEM.

That's great advice.... Now, what about the pictures you CAN NOT SEE BECAUSE THEY ARE JUST RED X's?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

You're such a know it all.. give it a rest.

Yes I am. I learned a whole lot of stuff in 65 years. Real life stuff too, not just BS from people who claim to know it all. :

Whenever a topic keeps coming up, I just repeat what I said already since everyone apparently dont get the memos.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-15-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FWIW, PIP always works fine for me. I used to use imageshack but that turned into a subscribe site so then I started using PIP again.

Roger, it's great that you can save all those pictures (really it is). What isn't great is when you're searching this forum for a problem you've been scratching your head on all afternoon and FINALLY find a thread that looks like it has a solution. A few replies down somebody posts: "Do it just like in this picture" and all you see is a red x.

Edit to add: I was enjoying our Canadian friends discuss hockey BTW. Never really watched it up until last year when the Wild were in the playoffs. I think I could really get into this sport, already planning on getting some tickets to a Wild game this year.

[This message has been edited by fastblack (edited 10-15-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

I was enjoying our Canadian friends discuss hockey BTW.

It was the pictures of the girls in the hockey jerseys, right? And the great thing is... because we used PIP to upload them, they'll never disappear!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

Roger, it's great that you can save all those pictures (really it is). What isn't great is when you're searching this forum for a problem you've been scratching your head on all afternoon and FINALLY find a thread that looks like it has a solution. A few replies down somebody posts: "Do it just like in this picture" and all you see is a red x.

Someone will almost always save any important photos. If your looking at an archived thread with red Xs, just email the poster or ask in a new thread if anyone has them. Ive never ran into a lost picture I couldnt retrieve from someone on here. Ive even gotten pics of my own cars I never had before. A real diehard Fiero person would print any good threads or photos of service and fixes and keep them in a notebook for future use.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock