Rebirth of the " The Widow " by Danyel
Started on: 09-12-2014 12:42 AM
Replies: 68 (2737 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 09-29-2015 12:00 PM
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel,

V8 Archie did a yellow Fino / Finale roadster a number of years ago. I believe he X-framed and I remember the extra structural plates he added in the firewall area. Check archives for his build.

Pics at http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm under Kits Roadster.

Jeff
IP: Logged
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Danyel,

V8 Archie did a yellow Fino / Finale roadster a number of years ago. I believe he X-framed and I remember the extra structural plates he added in the firewall area. Check archives for his build.

Pics at http://www.v8archie.com/v8Archie/home.htm under Kits Roadster.

Jeff

Hello Jeff
Thank you for the information regards
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe you already read all these, that but just in case

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...120111-2-113482.html

------------------
"I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."

Work done 07-08 | Work done 08-09 | Work done 09-10 | Work done 10-11 | Work done 11-12 | Work done 12-13 |Work done 13-14 | 4.9 Swap |Parts for sale

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@falcon_ca thanks for the link been reading alot ....

Well its been over 3 months since my last post here ... I've been very busy searchin and gathering parts for the complete restoration of my new Widow.. this will be a 2 to 3 year project so I do have to keep the first one running and when the time comes transfer the wanted parts to the rebuilt one..... I am not sure how long it will take but here is a coupleof things I gathered this winter ....

The plans for the summer is the complete teardown and putting the spaceframe on the rotissery so I can start the cleanup and takin measurements for the frame support. That done I can chop the top off. I also have been searching for an Automoda Top with no luck so ... search continues .... in the up coming weeks if weather permits I will start posting on the complete teardown......

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2015 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how bad is the Original "Widow" that it needs a new frame?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2015 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

how bad is the Original "Widow" that it needs a new frame?

The Widow has EXTENSIVE temporary frame repair .... as you know I live above the rust belt and when this cancer settles in it cannot be stopped .... this is the last years on the road for this spaceframe. I always try not to push the engine because I feel the frame moves in unwanted ways. The search for a new spaceframe had been going on for over three years ... cant wait to get everything done and upgraded but I have a couple of years before that is completed ... I posted the upgrade list in the first posts ...
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a long period of reflection I have come to the conclusion that this project is officially terminated.... my age and work schedule have made me realize that this humungus endeavour will not be possible in the time I have left before retirement. I long for a convertible and Automoda Convertible tops are IMPOSSIBLE to buy except ones that are already installed. Automoda convertible are VERY EXPENSIVE to buy and ship to Canada due to the value of our dollar. There is one for sale up here in Canada (Ottawa)but is VERY expensive almost outrageously priced. I do understand the seller's price for his Beige Automoda 88 GT is really a piece of art and is has been customized... therefore it is priced accordingly. So on this final note this 87 GT will be disassembled and sold in parts.

I will make an official announcement on Sunday night concerning my future in this Fiero lifestyle ..... I will only say this ... The Black Widow is presently being disassembled and the V8 kit will be sold as a full V8Archie Master kit including Autometer Gauges, radiator, 4 speed tranny & shifter on an 84-87 craddle this includig my spare V8 350 engine bolted on. The 383 engine is out and presently being installed on a 1/4 mile drag truck (Will post pics next week)

I also have these items for sale .....
1. COMPLETE V8Archie F40 6 Speed Master kit and NEW tranny for a V8 SBC
2. DoubleC4 84-87 13in Front 12in rear big brake conversion kit with the proper corvette calipers..

I will post these in the mall next week before using Ebay,

Thanks to all .................. STAY TUNED SUNDAY FOR MY OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-25-2015).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to read about your decision about getting out of Fieros. You have been very active and a asset to this community. I know we all wish you the best of luck.
tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This news is very sad. You've been a great inspiration, resource, and vendor. You have weathered the storms and kept your cool. For me, you have been a pillar of this community.

Your Fiero has been one of the icons. I was shocked when the last Widow was dismantled, and this news is like a gut punch.

So, no Frazee in 2019?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-26-2015).]

Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear this Danyel. I hope whatever retirement activity you take on gives you as much joy and the Widow!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all I want to thank everyone for your PM's and comments in this thread. Fiero lifestyle is a very big part of my wife Hélène and I life. Many of you were thinking I was getting out of Fieros but if you read my last post carefully you will see I am only talking about termination of my 87 GT Automoda Convertible dream build and my lack of time before retirement. My future in Fieros will be "Till death do us part ". A wink to some who were happy to see me go Frazee in 2019 is on track but with a new twist ..............

So with all that said here is my Official Announcement.

edited for bad grammar

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-27-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
After dozens or maybe hundreds of back and forth textos, emails and phone calls I decided that Patrick W. Heinske ( LZeitgeist ) Formula Automoda convertible had to be mine. I am very honored to carry on Patrick's work as it was one of his dreams. I want to thank Patrick for his kindness, patience and all the help he provided in makin this transaction go smooth and mostly in makin my dream come true. He has gone above and beyond to get this convertible to me and I will forever be grateful to him. Patrick If you ever come by my side of town the doors of my home will always be opened to you and your family. Thank you again !!

I want to thank Mario (QuadGT) for getting the Formula here to my stable. He has done AWESOME work and took really good care of my new acquisition. If any of you are in need
of transport for import or export purposes PM him, his price are more than reasonable. I highly recommend Mario " Thank you my fiero brother !!!"

This Formula was professionally done and I will do a thread on her new life as a Cannuck. The Formula is in great need of TLC. The list of things to do is not very extensive or difficult but really needs to be done.... So in a couple of hours "Monday" I will start a new thread, "Cannuck Automoda" Here are some pics of here arrival .... stay tuned

greatest regards to all
Danyel

Here she is with new shoes and ready for a sunday cruise ...

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Very nice car. Beautiful paint. Those decklid vents are nice.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2015 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dreams do come true! Nice acquisition my friend.

I secretly want your brakes.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hah! I'm happy that you got your Automoda! I know it will be in good hands.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, you know..I've never been a big fan of your project. But as of now,
you have hit the nail perfect. You have a good car, an 88 too and an authorized
convertible set-up. I'm happy for you and hope you have many years of fun.
You'll see the 88 ride and suspension is a lot better.

The reason why I wasn't a big fan of the widow project was like some other members
seeking to transform their fiero into another car besides keeping the basics.
Like using parts from the body to interior swaps, and like what you had in mind...the convertible
power top from an Audi.

This Formula is on the money, or as I should say..."sticking to the basics".

Enjoy your new toy...just sad winter is around the corner. I guess you have time to "baby" the
car and a though out cleaning. Expect for fiero owners in your area to wave you down...

[This message has been edited by fierogt28 (edited 09-27-2015).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very happy for you Danyel, I know you have been lusting after an automoda convert kit for quite a while. That car tempted me for a long time, glad it found the right home.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, I'm very pleased that you are so happy with the car - I know she will have a happy home with you.

BTW, if you tilt the seatbacks forward just a bit when you put the rear top down, then tilt the seats back into their normal position, the folded top folds even flatter than what is in your pics.

Enjoy, my friend!

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - SOLD 9/5/2015 https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone' - now enjoyed by my older brother in memory of Dad

CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Automoda Convertible tops are IMPOSSIBLE to buy except ones that are already installed.

This was my clue. What a beautiful Fiero. I can hear you grinning!
PLEASE keep the rust monster away from this one..

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your comment .....
@Patrick will do I did notice it was not as far down as usual ... Now I know the trick ... thanks

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the Formula convertible!
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet machine. I'm sorry to see "The Widow" go but very happy for you guys and your new acquisition. You'll have plenty of time to spruce it up.....just in-time for The 35th or The 10th in Frazee.....or both.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As some of you know I have been searching for over 3 years for a UNRUSTED spaceframe for my Widow. Well that search is now complete. This thread will be a 2 year full frame-up restoration and modification. In this post I will give you the history of this car. The CARFAX is HERE and below is the whole pedegree of this fiero but first I want to say thank you to Margaret for holding on and selling me the 87 GT. This was the pride and joy of her late husband Malcom a real fiero lover. Below is a picture of Margaret (in the middle) and her daughter Bev and her husband Paul who is also a car guy.. Check his ride top right of the picture ...

This entire build is in memory of Malcom an Ontario fiero lover from Simcoe.... below is a picture that Margaret gracefully shared with me of her beloved husband .... thank you Malcom.

This Fiero GT has a SOLID spaceframe and has all its original parts.... below are the pics of the car as seen on KIJIJI the Canadian version of Craiglist

The specs sheets

In the next post will be pics of the GT in my garage and the teardown ..... more tomorrow night

I may have missed it. What did you do with this car?
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its still in the garage and will use all available parts to renew the convertible ... like PM PDL and interior parts .... also the craddle has a well maintained 2.8 also fully fuctional AC for another canadian member. The spaceframe is presently being looked at for another member..... will post on her soon ...
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So in a couple of hours "Monday" I will start a new thread, "Cannuck Automoda" Here are some pics of here arrival .... stay tuned

Danyel, since you're helping to represent Canada at PFF, I hope you spell the heading of your new thread correctly... it's Canuck... with one "n".

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-28-2015).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Patrick........ ouupps you are right Canuck is what should have been written ... thank for the heads up

Danyel
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... thank for the heads up

No problem. Your English is a heck of a lot better than my French.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Danyel it was my pleasure to deliver your new pride and joy
There were a couple of hurdles and delays but we got her to you

Trust me guys pictures don't do her justice, she is gorgeous
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Danyel it was my pleasure to deliver your new pride and joy
There were a couple of hurdles and delays but we got her to you

Trust me guys pictures don't do her justice, she is gorgeous

I thank you again... you took the time to make sure all hurdles were cleared ... you and Patrick really helped. As to delivery delays ahhhh all in a days work .... just made ...finally getting it WAY BETTER!!

thank you again my friend
Danyel
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay