Started on: 09-04-2014 08:16 PM
Replies: 111 (4325 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 09-19-2023 12:08 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Horse Traded the 86 3800 Turbo away and ended up with a 88 Coup duke project car + parts for another Fiero restoration & 3800 build.

Yes, I threw in the towel as after the last knock down I didn't want any more...."no mas" "no mas"

I wanted to be in the 88 club and just didn't like way too many things on the 86.

So without further ado here how she looked right before I received her.

A lot of cleaning, removing stuff, killing spiders, and more cleaning and the project gets moving along.

I hope to get the duke back on the road soon as it will NOT be a garage queen...LOL

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 09-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks fast
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the build thread
I will be following it closely
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmm... Power windows... Nice

I hope u work faster than Stephen. ;(

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice barn find.. Save yourself a bunch of hassle and money. If you want the car to go fast, chrome plate the exhaust manifold, add some roller rockers, some REALLY thick sparkplug wires, a Holley side scoop, 4 stickers for the inside of the trunklid located exactly 4.75" apart, and 3 scoops. Each scoop adds about 30 HP. A super chip and an MSD ignition coil will easily give you another 30 HP, especially if you make it look cool and mount the coil in the trunk. Don't forget to spray paint your valve a different color, as you will lose top end torque if it remains the same color as the car.

There. I just saved you a bunch of money and many hours of hassle. You are welcome

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 09-05-2014).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Nice barn find.. Save yourself a bunch of hassle and money. If you want the car to go fast, chrome plate the exhaust manifold, add some roller rockers, some REALLY thick sparkplug wires, a Holley side scoop, 4 stickers for the inside of the trunklid located exactly 4.75" apart, and 3 scoops. Each scoop adds about 30 HP. A super chip and an MSD ignition coil will easily give you another 30 HP, especially if you make it look cool and mount the coil in the trunk. Don't forget to spray paint your valve a different color, as you will lose top end torque if it remains the same color as the car.

There. I just saved you a bunch of money and many hours of hassle. You are welcome

Thx, I appreciate the tips.

I DO want the scoops as that Ram Air boost stacks the incoming air flow thus giving the Smokey Yunick effect.

I will have 4 maybe 5 scoops when it is all said and done with. (Really, not kidding on this one)

Definitely will chrome plate something, maybe the Alt as I need the extra amps that chrome plating puts out.

Not decided on the VC color yet but that is a great idea as that will keep that tip in mind.

I got the stickers covered but they are residing in the hood instead of the decklid as I don't want to detract from the engine performance.

Finally the car is a project so I can't get around the hassle part as I am doing most of the work myself. I'll call in the big guns if and when I need help.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by revin:

looks fast

Don't hate ! I got the speed part covered. Just wait and see.

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Ahhh Hahaha, that wont be hard. PM Sent
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I got the stickers covered but they are residing in the hood instead of the decklid as I don't want to detract from the engine performance.

I agree with this ^^^^

Plus with all those stickers up front the car will handle a whole lot better...

Jim

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

I agree with this ^^^^

Plus with all those stickers up front the car will handle a whole lot better...

Jim

I know right, but you must carefully place an equal number of stickers on the left and right side of the hood.
Also be sure to put one big azz sticker in the middle for optimal balance.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we go again

Can't wait to see...let me know if you need any parts.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Here we go again

Can't wait to see...let me know if you need any parts.

I will need some in the very near future.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey...I heard that.....Urs is finally somewhat coming to an end...SLOWLY.....
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well time 4 an update. I got the car running tagged and inspected early this January. First week of 2015 and my 88 coup is back on the road...Yeah.

The timing gear was toast so I purchased all necessary parts to GIT ER DONE. Dropped it off at the shop but once they got in there it was recommended to rebuild the Duke.

Needless to say I wasn't about to spend $$$ on rebuilding the Duke so I thought I was SOL. I cursed my luck and started to think about what the hell am I going to do now.

I got lucky and found 2002z28ssconv 50,000 mile - 88 Duke 2.5 and auto - FS thread in the mall. I PM'ed him and made it happen and after all was said and done she's rollin!

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
I planed on fixing any major issues first then will get to the interior restoration, as that is slated to be taken care of first.

The car runs and drives ok but was making a clunking sound at low speeds.

After a little investigation and a few phone calls it was determined that the end links probably were the issue.

AS you can see there are NO rubber ends. WTH, Apparently it crumbled away.

So I go to AutoZone and they sell me the wrong ones. I assume there are the rear links.

It wasn't as easy a job as it should of been as I couldn't get a socket to stay on both ends because the link just dangled and danced around when I tried to put a socket on it.
So I finally get a socket on it and the boltz wont budge. PB Blaster and WD40 didn't do the trick but he angle grinder sure did.

Look Ma..... the washers are fused together.

Rear links installed on the Front...a NO go.

I ended up ordering the Fiero Store end links and got them installed and the control arms cleaned up a little.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 01-19-2015).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
I also had to do something with the radio situation ASAP. I just can't live without tunes in the car.
I removed the aftermarket head unit as soon as I got the car last year.
Needless to say the install was butchered.
Actually the head unit wasn't even screwed in but the wiring was a snakes den.
Good thing they didn't fubar any of the wiring.

Got a Pontiac Monsoon unit from Fiero Tom and Kicker speakers from Frys.

I had to remove a metal bracket in the dash for the monsoon unit to clear. After that it installed pretty easily.

The Kicker speakers NOT so much. I got the round 5 1/4" an 4" inch because I read that the round speakers sound better than the cone oval shape ones.

I also got some adapters so they would fit the Fiero openings.

I had to clearance some of the original opening as it was interfering with the proper seating of the speaker.

The 4" round kicker DID NOT fit as the magnet was too big and my 4x6 adapter is too thin. It did not have enough space to allow proper mounting of the speaker.
I will be returning the 4" round and get the 4x6 kickers as the install should be much easier. I hope the magnet isn't too big on those and they fit?

However, with just the front speaker active, the sound quality is amazing as compared to those other junk speakers.

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess, NOT. He is the Flash compared to how slow I am going...LOL
But made more progress some updates coming soon.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NOSRAC...can't wait to see more updates...and yall shouldn't pick on Stephen....OR WAIT...yes pick on Stephen till he doesn't want to work on any cars south of Greenville, TX

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NOSRAC...can't wait to see more updates...and yall shouldn't pick on Stephen....OR WAIT...yes pick on Stephen till he doesn't want to work on any cars south of Greenville, TX

I know right! Stephens services are in high demand. My one year old is taking up a lot of my free time and $$$ so the Fiero has taken a back seat.

I just need to get it in GEAR and GIT ER DID !
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2015 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It sounds easy and fast till its time to knock it out then u see between work, family and having a life it takes forever. Slow and steady wins the race....
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!, 4 the sake of getting something done!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New Wheels 17x7 I plan on pairing these with some Nitto tires 215x45 R17. These should go nicely with the 12" corvette rotors.

These would Finish the Wheels off nicely. Anyone know where I can get some?

[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 11-18-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nosrac

PM or Text me...I have the templates and you can order exactly what you want through domelabels.com
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Selling my 88 wheels and Wing if anyone is interested.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 11-24-2015).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Upcoming Engine Upgrade Goodies. Still working on the paint as it is a lot harder than it seems when you try to get fancy.

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These would Finish the Wheels off nicely. Anyone know where I can get some?

[/QUOTE]

How I did mine:

Chrome center caps from Fiero store, spray paint black, and decals from http://fierosails.com/decal.html (scroll to bottom) then spay clear lacquer to protect.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 4x6 rear speakers were putting out some weak sauce so I upgraded to some 6.5". Hopefully this will do the trick.

6.5" installed on the Fiero Store Rear wall speaker panel
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Nitto 555R DR mounted

Gold plated (zinc) 12" rotors currently Getting re-drilled for 5x100

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 12-08-2015).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can dig the wheels. Are they gold?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2015 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

I can dig the wheels. Are they gold?

Yes, Gold wheels and rotors.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
plated rotors? what does that do? The plating is gone after your first road trip.
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

plated rotors? what does that do? The plating is gone after your first road trip.

The zinc plating is suppose to deter rusting.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Iron Duke gotta Go!

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney has the wheel caps. Gotta set on my car
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking Good Nosrac!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 01-22-2016).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2016 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking Good Nosrac!

Thank You very much for the Center Cap Information. They came out pretty good. .

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you like them! They should look really good with your rims.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2016 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coming along nicely but I'm not 100% happy with my wheels.

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 01-27-2016).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels are fine.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New Shoes

Engine and Trans on Cradle

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 05-04-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave