V8 GT Notch for a song.. by JL 87 GT
Started on: 09-02-2014 08:30 PM
Replies: 54 (1381 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 09-10-2014 12:28 AM
MotorTV

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok... back on topic... it looks like the car was setup with a zumwalt kit... if he does not have the flywheel he is toast... the welded axel is also a little scary ... ( i hated this kit when i had it) i swaped the adapter plate for an v8 archie one and used his flywheel... it looks like a good start with the pcs that i can see...

chuck
IP: Logged
JL 87 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JL 87 GTSend a Private Message to JL 87 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys... Okay I apologize for the confusion... I edited my original post. Sorry, I went to school in Wisconsin .. It is "set-up" FOR a V8. It is a Colorado car. The only rust is a very small amount in the trunk, under the carpet.He undercoated the snot out of it before he came to Mn with it. It's solid.
It was on CL for a matter of hours before I called him. When I got to his place, 5 other people were on their way to buy it. (did I mention I am from Luck Wisc.) ??
It came with a flywheel (thank God) and the old pressure plate. From what he said, the trans in the original Muncie 5 spd. He had a supercharger on a built up 350, so that explains the snapped axle shaft. He did repair it, and said it had no vibration.
Thanks Rob for posting the pic's for me. The interior is shot, but an easy fix. But what do you expect for sitting 7 years in a field? This is my first V8 Fiero, so it should be a fun build. I have been holding on to my 283 for 9 years hoping to put it in something. It's been professionally built, and is out of an old vette.
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JL 87 GT:
I have been holding on to my 283 for 9 years hoping to put it in something. It's been professionally built, and is out of an old vette.

Right time and place, congrats.

Can't wait to see the 283 in it, I'm sure it'll rock!

Congrats!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But what do you expect for sitting 7 years in a field?

Expect mice.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey guys... Okay I apologize for the confusion... I edited my original post. Sorry, I went to school in Wisconsin

Isn't it about time they started teaching English there.

From what he said, the trans in the original Muncie 5 spd.

Okay, let's work out the rest of the confusion. If it originally came with a Muncie (Getrag) 5-spd, then the car is not an '85 GT. And the fact it's not a fastback means it's not a later model GT either. And judging from the images, it's not an '87 or '88.

So let's nail this down... Is this Fiero an '86 SE then?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2014 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Okay, let's work out the rest of the confusion. If it originally came with a Muncie (Getrag) 5-spd, then the car is not an '85 GT. And the fact it's not a fastback means it's not a later model GT either. And judging from the images, it's not an '87 or '88.

So let's nail this down... Is this Fiero an '86 SE then?

must be nice to be perfect, Patrick got owned in yetanother thread and goes to the standard grammar Nazi.. b/s

kewl score.. good luck with it..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 09-07-2014).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

must be nice to be perfect, Patrick got owned in yetanother thread and goes to the standard grammar Nazi.. b/s

Furgal, it's a little creepy the way you stalk me in this forum... and as usual, you add nothing of merit to the discussion.
JL 87 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JL 87 GTSend a Private Message to JL 87 GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok kids... I have the title here now. It is an 86 and here is the vin# 1G2PE37R8GP244619.. I'm sorry for all this confusion, but I was so SHOCKED I found this car, especially with 5 pissed off Fiero dudes heading towards the car to buy it without even seeing it. One dude was 5 min away, and he drove over an hour to get it. I found another V8 Fiero that is an 85 SE. Not sure if he's gonna keep the engine or not, but it will be for sale soon.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VIN Decoder
1- Made in USA
G- Made by GM
2- Pontiac Division
P- Fiero (P-Body)
E- Coupe
37- Notchback
R- 2.5L L4 (LR8)
8- Check Digit
G- 1986
P- Made in Pontiac, MI
244619- 44619 of 83,974

http://www.fiero.net/vin.html

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 09-07-2014).]

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no reason to distrust the Zumalt kit. I have one in my 87 GT with 427 sbc. The kit locates the engine more to the drivers side so the trunk hinge clears the valve cover. A stock short water pump can be used and the belt is inside the engine compartment. I made a serpentine belt drive for mine but the Zumalt V belt worked fine. It's just a different way to the same destination. I hope you have fun with your build. That's what it is supposed to be. A Fiero is a Fiero - Gt - Se or whatever as long as you like it.

------------------
woodys 427

Toomanycars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToomanycarsSend a Private Message to ToomanycarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this car in person.. just so you know I let you have that car ... lol I was there and ended up buying his brothers car .. almost bought both but im probably going to pick up there dads car next week.. I think the whole family had a fiero at one time
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The zumalt kit is fine, you can shift the trans back into the stock location like the archie kit and use stock axles, you just have to get creative with the water pump just like the archie kit.
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
Patrick got owned in yetanother thread and goes to the standard grammar Nazi.. b/s

Owned?

Then I guess I got owned too and am a grammar nazi for thinking the exact same thing about the "setup with" vs "setup for"...

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 09-09-2014).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good find. You can't lose on that deal, hell scrap value is higher than that.

Now to say there was an 86 GT notchback, I have seen one in person. If I knew it was such a problem proving I would have got pics, but that was 9 years ago and nothing left to show now. The car was in Reno, NV I was caught by suprise too, beleive me or not, not willing to debate this. It was a GT and an 86, I know what 86 SEs look like and it was not one. but also indys were vin'd as SEs and formulas are vin'd as coupes. not that that helps any.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sardonyx247

5032 posts
Member since Jun 2003
damn double post.

just to add: that Fiero is worth a song AND a dance

& 2 thhe gramr natsis, sarwee iff eye mist spellled n-e-thing

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 09-10-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)