Pontiac Fiero mentioned in "The Game" by Neil Strauss by Hidalgo
Started on: 08-29-2014 02:14 PM
Replies: 9 (237 views)
Last post by: benoitmalenfant on 08-31-2014 10:03 AM
Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss when I found this gem:

"Twyla was no prize. She was a tattooed thirty-four-year-old Hollywood
rock-and-roller with weathered skin, a body as hard as her face, black hair in
a bird's nest of dreadlocks, and a heart of gold. She reminded me of a Pontiac
Fiero, an old sporty model liable to break down at any moment."

Since this book was released quite some time ago, in 2005, and someone in this Forum even mentioned it before (https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20090907-6-057929.html), I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this quote, seeing as how we're always sharing Fiero references from TV and the movies.

Anyway, what is your favorite Fiero quote from a book, TV, or movie? Or is there already a thread about this? If there is, I'd be curious to read it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was too long ago, but I but there were lots of good lines in the How I Met Your Mother episode, "Arivaderci, Fiero".
benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:
She reminded me of a Pontiac
Fiero, an old sporty model liable to break down at any moment."[/i]

Not sure what to make of this. Kinda sounds like an insult but then tries to make up with "heart of gold".

So that makes the Fiero a car that's liable to break down at any moment but that is fun to drive?

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:

Not sure what to make of this. Kinda sounds like an insult but he then tries to make up with "heart of gold".

So that makes the Fiero a car that's liable to break down at any moment but that is fun to drive?

That's how I understood it. Although I'm not sure my coupe's Duke would qualify as "a heart of gold", it is fun to drive.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any literature quotes regarding a Fiero but the thread title made me lose the game...
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I don't have any literature quotes regarding a Fiero but the thread title made me lose the game...

I would have thought that someone who chooses Barney Stinson as an avatar would never lose the game.

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 08-30-2014).]

Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2014 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hidalgo

147 posts
Member since Apr 2013

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

It was too long ago, but I but there were lots of good lines in the How I Met Your Mother episode, "Arivaderci, Fiero".

After seeing your post, I went and watched that episode. I could never become hooked on that show; it just wasn't my kind of comedy or sitcom. I wondered what its writers were smoking when they wrote that a homeless guy crawled into the Fiero and puked in its back seat. Still, it was enjoyable to watch nonetheless.

I wonder, does Carrie Heffernan ever say anything about her red Formula in "The King of Queens"?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

they wrote that a homeless guy crawled into the Fiero and puked in its back seat. Still, it was enjoyable to watch nonetheless.

I wonder, does Carrie Heffernan ever say anything about her red Formula in "The King of Queens"?

Do anyone know which episode(s) has them driving in it?

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:
Do anyone know which episode(s) has them driving in it?

Don't know what exact episode that is (German title translate to something like 'borrowed job') but you can see her parking the Fiero @ 10:30 and you see them in it @ 12:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbtkhAUCAXA
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

benoitmalenfant

288 posts
Member since Sep 2011
This thread seems to suggest that the episode in question is Season 8 Episode 3 titled "Consummate Professional" which seems to make sense from the bits I watched from the German translation.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_King_of_Queens_episodes
174 3 "Consummate Professional" Rob Schiller Ilana Wernick October 3, 2005 803
Carrie learns that when they were dating, Doug lied to her about his (un)employment status to get her in bed.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-1-087094.html

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 08-31-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock