Started on: 08-25-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 7 (570 views)
Last post by: seq on 08-26-2014 03:31 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seven years ago in January 2007, I installed my 1st set of MiMike's seats into my Formula
Link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-1-063469.html

Yesterday I installed my 2nd set into this car. I took the 1st set and put them into the TDI Fiero.

I used a hint from MrMike, I swapped seat bottoms , Driver side to Passenger side. The gives you unused bolsters on both door sides.
I swapped the tracks, and the seat bolts and clip for the torx 50 bolt. Both seat bottoms are the same, when finished, the fit feeling
is like brand new. Great hint MrMike, Thanks.

Found this date on one of the seat bottoms. These seats came out of the TDI FIero. Did they put 86 seats in 88 cars ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's funny, I guess they had extra seat bottoms
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been doing that for 20 years ! Works well in Camaros, Firebirds. most all cars with bucket seats.
If you have a bad driver seat Back (outer Bolster) you can cut the bolster off a passenger seat and re Glue it onto a driver seat with automotive GOOP . It will stay Flexible and Never let go. And for those that don't know, you can install Speakers in your cloth seats by just cutting and installing 3" speakers of your choice. they just "Float" in the foam. (they Don't really need the perforated holes to work)
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you put some "Mothers Leather conditioner" on the seats every 4-5 months to make sure they don't dry out. One reason I personally like cloth is because in Colorado, the snow and the heat just wears on leather a lot.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the seats in the tdi fiero were from another fiero that we parted and had nice seats. the original ones had the usual wear and tear.

Dave
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seat bottom swap idea Mr. Mikes gave you is actually a good tip for any Fiero seat. Since the insides of the upper and lower bolsters on each seat rarely get used, you can get more life out of very good to great conditioned seats by swapping the upholstery over. The upholstery itself is the same, so swapping side-to-side gives you fresh upper and lower bolsters on the outer portions of the seats.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love your car wish I went with the TDI route instead of the 3800sc.
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got almost identical MrMikes in my 87GT. I took it to my first show this weekend and got a several comments about how great they look.

------------------
--
Seq

1987 Fiero GT : Information | Gallery

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay