Started on: 08-24-2014 12:50 PM
Replies: 34 (1193 views)
Last post by: SuperchargedV6 on 09-09-2014 09:02 PM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sold the DGP today and sad to let it go but it will be in great hands. Benoit and Melisa drove down from Canada to see it and fell in Love. I know they will appreciate it as much or more than me Rick B

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car. Hope you have another Fiero to use.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a Pace car Replica I have to get finished to enjoy and now have the room to work on it. Rick
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good!
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is one of my favorate Fiero's. Hope we continue to see it now & then.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I give, what one is you?

The one on the right or left?

Sorry I have no idea, as I have never seen you.

Nice car BTW, you will miss it
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me on the right looking bad, in need of a haircut and bloated from Diverticulitis. Was in the hospital all last night but made it home for the sale. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 08-24-2014).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the Sale, guess I have to start looking for a different Fiero to buy next year. Hopefully the DGP makes it out to some shows, its one of my favorite Fieros and I would like to see it in person sometime.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Canada eh? I hope they bring it to some of our northern U.S. shows. I havent seen the car in person either.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rick, I hope you are feeling better today. That DGP is one heck of a nice car that I had the privlege to see. I'm glad it went to someone that will take care of the car as much as you did. I hope you stay in Fieros with the Indy. That is one heck of a car. I was really impressed. I wish we could have bought it, but ran into a bit of hard luck at the time. Toss me a text if you need a hand with putting the Indy back to it's glory.
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:
Congrats on the Sale, guess I have to start looking for a different Fiero to buy next year. Hopefully the DGP makes it out to some shows, its one of my favorite Fieros and I would like to see it in person sometime.

Originally posted by 2.5:
Canada eh? I hope they bring it to some of our northern U.S. shows. I havent seen the car in person either.

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:
Hi Rick, I hope you are feeling better today. That DGP is one heck of a nice car that I had the privlege to see. I'm glad it went to someone that will take care of the car as much as you did. I hope you stay in Fieros with the Indy. That is one heck of a car. I was really impressed. I wish we could have bought it, but ran into a bit of hard luck at the time. Toss me a text if you need a hand with putting the Indy back to it's glory.

I'm the lucky buyer and the guy on the left in the picture with the NIFE poloshirt that's one size too small for him (I was 15 pounds lighter when I bought this shirt but couldn't resist wearing it for that special day )

Rick is one tough cookie and a stand up kinda guy. Was in the ER the night before and refused to cancel our appointment and still was kind enough to tell us about the story of the car and put on a smile for the picture!

The car was definitely worth the drive. I kinda feel bad to take this car away from the US but I will definitely make an effort to attend some Northern US shows and obviously will baby the car just like I baby my Indy.

Rick has a wealth of information and documentation on this Fiero and other DGP cars that he is passing along with the sale. My plan is to try and publicize this information to the Fiero community (probably on a dedicated web site) and make sure all this information is preserved and available for the next generation of Fiero enthusiasts. I'm not saying this will be done in the next few weeks but I definitely want to make the effort of putting all this wealth of information in one central place available for everyone to see.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by benoitmalenfant:
... I kinda feel bad to take this car away from the US but I will definitely make an effort to attend some Northern US shows and obviously will baby the car just like I baby my Indy.

Dont be, but yes I was prodding to get you to get to to some shows
Fiero enthusiasm is truely international.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, at least the car didn't go overseas, seems like that has been a trend lately. Glad it went to someone who will appreciate and preserve the history of it.

In case you missed it, I am trying to organize something for Fierorama 2015, hope you can consider it: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094525.html
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm the lucky buyer ...
My plan is to try and publicize this information to the Fiero community ... I definitely want to make the effort of putting all this wealth of information in one central place available for everyone to see.

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing what you have for us in the future.
Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing what you have for us in the future.

I agree, looking to see what info shows up. Did he give you the complete Indy VIN list?

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:
Yeah, at least the car didn't go overseas, seems like that has been a trend lately. Glad it went to someone who will appreciate and preserve the history of it.
In case you missed it, I am trying to organize something for Fierorama 2015, hope you can consider it: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094525.html

I sure will consider it. St-Charles is roughly a 14hours drive from Montreal, about the same as going to Indy for the 30th. Can't complain much about the drive when someone from TX is considering making it !

Originally posted by Angellightning:
I agree, looking to see what info shows up. Did he give you the complete Indy VIN list?

No, this is another one of Rick's babies and he's doing a fine job at it.

What he is giving me is specific to DGP and the DGP Fiero (plus some odds and ends about other DGP cars). I'm unsure what I will and won't be able to publish but he's got some very interesting documents in the pile like original bill of sale from Pontiac to DGP, recordings of conversations he's had with the people that have built this car, copies of the pictures samples from the original shoot they did with Judy Landers, etc.

This is what got me very interested in the car and made me drive all the way to Cleveland. I love to read and hear the story around special cars, probably even more than the car itself.

I know there will be a lot of work involved and this is why I haven't given myself any specific timeline to get it done but as I mentioned I will definitely make the effort!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2014 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow cool !
You do know you ARE commited to make it to Fierorama 2015....right?
If I have to drive 1200 miles you do to. lol

And Rick.....Hope you are able to "make an appearance" on that day as well.......
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On its way this morning to Canada. Another page in its History turned Rick B

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2014 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rick- that had to be a tough sight seeing go down the drive....
Good luck with your Indy!
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got it to the storage facility last night, safe and sound.

Was an interesting week:

• 2 trips to Cleveland (2,400 miles) - CHECK
  • Being pulled over by NY state police for trailer lights not working, 300 feet from storage facility (damn u-haul!) - CHECK
  • Wait an hour at the border while agents search through the pickup (because it's fishy to come back from the US without having purchased anything...) - CHECK
  • Get a fair share of thumbs up and pictures taken of the DGP - CHECK

Have to wait a few days for the export papers to clear at CBP and I will bring her in my driveway, can't wait!

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get some video/pics of it doing wheelies!
PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

lollolololol. Would love to see this.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is there any context to this comment? Just curious.

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Is there any context to this comment? Just curious.

NO, he is juts being a Nipple Nose as he refuses to believe me and all those who seen my 3800 Supercharged do wheelies all the time. He called the buyer, people in Cleveland Fieros and a professional racer who told him it happens all the time and he continues to make ignorant comments. Rick B

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

NO, he is juts being a Nipple Nose as he refuses to believe me and all those who seen my 3800 Supercharged do wheelies all the time. He called the buyer, people in Cleveland Fieros and a professional racer who told him it happens all the time and he continues to make ignorant comments. Rick B

LOL...Nipple Nose....

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1700 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

Rick- that had to be a tough sight seeing go down the drive....
Good luck with your Indy!

His Indy is really amazing. Not much luck needed. Just work. It would be like putting a full scale model together. All the parts are there!

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
His stock 3800 swap pulls wheelies, yet he has never gotten a picture or video of it... I was just asking for the new owners to finally get one.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

On its way this morning to Canada. Another page in its History turned Rick B

Wow hate to see this awesome Fiero leaving the USA... somewhere in Florida Judy Landers has shed a tear.

benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[...]
His stock 3800 swap pulls wheelies, yet he has never gotten a picture or video of it... I was just asking for the new owners to finally get one.

Wrong car, unless you accept photoshopped pics
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

benoitmalenfant

288 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Originally posted by jscott1:
Wow hate to see this awesome Fiero leaving the USA... somewhere in Florida Judy Landers has shed a tear.

It's still in the USA... for now.
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She is home safe and sound.

------------------
Ben
87 GT / 88 GT
84 Indy #1863

PFF
System Bot
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

She is home safe and sound.

Congratulation`s on the purchase, and getting it home safely !!!

It looks like it is in good company
benoitmalenfant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:
It looks like it is in good company

That's the great thing about Fieros: Polygamy is allowed!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

@SuperchargedV6 when did you do the T-Top conversion? It´s now not original like in the picture above..
THX on any info
Danyel
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Bob Birchmeir on tape telling me C&C did it for free as the 1st Fiero with T-tops but some argue this to not be possible. It was done in 1984 right after this shoot. Rick B

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock