Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Need Help Finding A Wounded Warrior (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need Help Finding A Wounded Warrior by fierofool
Started on: 07-26-2014 04:19 PM
Replies: 45 (1383 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 07-01-2017 12:39 PM
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was very satisfying to see a deserving veteran accept his "new" car...

News story of the event...

IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Georgia Fieros received this message this morning, from the Aikens-Augusta Warrior Project organization. Their website if you know anyone in the region needing help. http://augustawarriorproject.org/

Hello everyone,

I want to express my thanks to you all again, for what you did for Augusta veteran, Barry Byrnes. I enjoyed meeting those of you who were able to make it to Augusta for the dedication of the Fiero. It was a wonderful morning. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you in the future.

Jeanette Gilles, LCSW
Augusta Warrior Project

California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to Georgia Fiero's for seeing this project through, also Congrats to all those involved with this Project.

Barry, Thank You For Your Service !!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2017 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to report this, but this is a Wrap Up of the Warrior Project, as reported by pgackerman.

When we turned the Warrior Project over to Barry Byrnes in August of 2015, we had an agreement that if he should decide he no longer wanted the car, the club had the first option to buy it back. That agreement was for 2 years, to expire this August.

Barry really loved the car and took good care of it. All reports are that it looked as good as the day we turned it over to him. Club members near him say that he learned about the car and was able to maintain it on his own. On June 21, pgackerman received this from Barry:

I have some horrible news (WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT), last night while I was at work my car caught fire in the parking lot, and I have no idea why.
This really ***ing sucks.
Sorry for the bad news, but can you pass it along to the guys.

No one was hurt, but the entire engine compartment is toast, windows busted, roof melted, side plastic melted, interior damage, but the rims and front end did survive.
Insurance company will probably total it.
I hope I am able to keep it, but I doubt it.

https://plus.google.com/pho.../6434256914411277473
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow - that is truly terrible.

I know it's early, but are there plans to rebuild or replace? If so, count me in for donations of parts or $$, whatever I can do to assist.

Tim
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's probably not worth rebuilding. At the moment the club has two other projects it's working on and probably doesn't want another. We operate on a very small budget. We might be up to finding him another vehicle he could get with the insurance money, but he hasn't asked.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock