Started on: 04-03-2014 11:44 AM
Replies: 186 (15242 views)
Last post by: War Hammer on 08-07-2016 03:21 AM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After more than 27 years of working on Fieros, I've decided that I'm going to semi-retire.

Over the years, we've build over 500 V-8 Fieros & I've sold at least 2000 V-8 conversion kits. Many of my customers are now my best friends.

I still love Fieros & I'll always have one & I'll still be playing with them until I die.

I'm getting older, my wifes health is not good & I'm sick & tired of living in the snow belt. I hope to never push a snow blower again.

Over the years, we've built some very special Fieros for some very nice people.

I've been lucky to have 2 great employees (Rob & Kris) who can & have built some really nice cars. I feel (know) that they are the best at building custom Fieros in the country. There is nothing that they can't fabricate or build for a Fiero. I'm sure that they would like to continue to work on Fieros. However, I'm sure that they could work & do well at any Hot Rod or Custom Car or restoration shop in the world. I can't get over how good Rob & Kris are & how lucky I am to have had them working for me. It is with great sadness that I write this today.

My plan is to wind this operation down over the next 2 months.

If someone comes along & wants to buy me out. I think that Rob & Kris, under the right circumstances, would love to continue to build Fieros. If someone buys me out I'll just retire & help the new owner as much as I can & as much as he wants.

Otherwise, I'm going to sell off my non V-8 operations & continue to sell V-8 kits & support my many customers. (<~~ that's what I call semi-retirement) In semi-retirement, I'll sell some V-8 kits & maybe install 2 or 3 a year.

What's my plan? In retirement or semi-retirement, I'm going to move out to Las Vegas to be close to family & I'm going to keep participating in the Fiero community.

I'm going to sell off all the body kit molds & tooling that I can't handle myself & also that can help to make the the move easier. I'm not planning to sell my ChopTop Fiero but everything else is for sale.

I know that there are people out there that may have been planning to have us build a car for them. It's too late to get it in now, but if you speak up now, you may help someone to decide to continue this operation. Everyone knows that Rob & Kris have been the guys that have been building all of the cars for several years. For those that may have been planning to have us build a car for them, I hope that someone comes along & buys the operation & keeps those guys on. Then those that have been waiting can be assured that they will still have a place where they can get their car built the way they want it by the best 2 builders in the Fiero community.

Comments are welcome.

Archie

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Space reserved for when I find the words....right now just sadness.
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew this day would come, just not when. Sad that V-8 Archie could be closed, but happy for you on the retirement side of life.
Good Luck from one happy customer. After 10 years still driving this one,

Have a Great Day
Gary
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats. Time for you to enjoy YOUR time for yourselves. Many happy times to you.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It`s good to hear you will still sell the V-8 kits as mine is in the early planning stage.
Good luck and have fun in "semi" retirement.

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh crap!

Well, we'll have to have a drink in Vegas since I go there 3-4 times a year!

But seriously - crap! I do still want a Fino/Finale but don't have the extra for a V8...yet...
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Completely floored about this event.... Archie your retirement is well deserved I wish you a long life enjoying it ......hope spomeone buy you out and continues the V8-Archie way !!! you have a PM (final order for my F40 swap)
greatest regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoy Vegas!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow... I'm shocked at the suddenness of the news but in retrospect, no one should be surprised. You've been the best in the business for many, many years... right from the beginning with your highly successful and brilliant V8 engine swap kits to the more recent spectacular one-off cars such as the Muira, GT40, and Dino projects (among others), as well as your ever popular, drop-dead gorgeous wide body and chop top designs.

You deserve every second of your retirement. Though your shop may not continue on, rest assured that your legacy as the premiere Fiero hot rod shop will never die. Wishing you good luck, best of health, and many years of relaxation in Vegas.

Dave.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never met you other than to read and look at your large number of contributions to this community. wishing you the best in retirement. It has already been said your legacy will live on through the vehicles you have brought to life. Price of V8 Fiero's just went up!!!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you will keep selling/supporting V8 kits. Wish you the best!

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed White: 3800SC auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I've decided that I'm going to semi-retire.

Geez, I knew that Troyboy was into the Enterra for a few bucks but...

Just kidding.

I hate to see this happening, but I completely understand your desire to step back at this point in your life to enjoy your family.

Best of luck in the future, Archie. Your impact on the Fiero community will never be forgotten.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have made a huge impact on the Fiero community and will be missed for years to come. I hope you enjoy your retirement, you certainly deserve it.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is sad to see another vendor closing up shoot but nice to see it being done on a positive note unlike so many others. Good luck with retirement and enjoy the nice warn weather out in Vegas.

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on your retirement , you have defiantly left your mark on the Fiero community. I'm pretty sure your shop has built more cars than any other Fiero shop in history and I really doubt anyone will ever match what you have done. I'm proud to call you a good friend and have really enjoyed the trips I have taken with you to several large Fiero shows and the many visits to your shop. Now hurry up and move to Vegas so I can come visit you. Looks like I'm going to have to make a road trip up to Rockford soon.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always enjoyed our conversations when our paths crossed. Wish you the best! It will leave a hole in the Fiero community for sure!

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sad to see a good vendor go... hopefully someone keeps the finale molds alive, I was planning to saveup for that one after I buy my house in the next few months.. (probably been a year or so before I got to that point to order it tho)

ehhe any chance in retirement youd wana donate that kit? lol ..

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

First of all congratulations on the semi-retirement it is well deserved. You have not only been a good friend but a great supporter of NIFE and Fierorama. You, Rob and Kris have done so many innovating things and awesome designs to bring custom and V8 a new meaning in the Fiero community. You have helped out in more ways than one can express, a thank you just seems so small compared to what you have brought to the Fiero community. A standing ovation is what you deserve in my eyes for all your time and dedication to the Fiero and the Fiero community.

Enjoy your new start in Las Vegas were we may send a little snow your way from time to time so you do not forget about us in northern Illinois. We wish you, your wife and family happiness to a new beginning/ new chapter and good health.

Sincerely,
Mike, Amy and Addison Kroyer

On a side note would you be ok with us posting your message to our NIFE Facebook page in case the people on there do not have a Pennocks account?
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...speechless at the moment!

And me being me, I have to ask...How much are you looking for ($) to buy you out?

Feel free to answer in a PM.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoy your (semi-) retirement! If I'm ever near Las Vegas (or if you're ever in the Netherlands), let's have a beer together! I'm sure we have some things in common to nag about!
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

In retirement or semi-retirement, I'm going to move out to Las Vegas to be close to family & I'm going to keep participating in the Fiero community.

Sorry to see you go, you've been an icon in the fiero community, but glad you're moving out west! We'd better see your retired ass at the west coast shows every now and then..

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Archie, enjoy your retirement.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's to wishing you the best on your semi-retirement. Though I have no plans to put in a V8 in my Fiero, I know TONS of people are. Here is hoping that someone does indeed buy you out, keeps your staff, continues to build V8's and puts some money in your pocket in the process, you deserve it!
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phil & I send you our best wishes.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enjoy your well deserved retrirement, and feel proud of what you have created and how it has changed peoples lives, after 12 years with my V8 Fiero I still get a buzz when I drive it, and as soon as all the dam snow/salt is gone from the roads thats what I plan to do !!

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<-- Another one who doesn't know what to say. So I'll borrow a wise man's words who said "Live long and prosper".

Best wishes to you and your wife!
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Famous last words..."I could've had a V8"

Don't spend ALL your retirement $ on slots!
Best of luck to a great vendor!

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there is a FIERO HALL OF FAME in the future I'd like to nominate Archie as the 1st inductee.
The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie............ it has been a long run with lots of memories, I still laugh ever time I watch your 1st VHA tape of the #1 V8 job you did. Good luck and if you make it to the Dells this year we will have a drink together. Good times and good friend.

Tom

------------------
The Prezzz

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best Wishes to You and Yours !!! I'm going to miss your Shop build threads.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy and long retirement....
PFF
System Bot
elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy retirement... enjoy!!
Best regards from Caribbean Fiero Owner community....
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Retirement Archie!!

I knew this day might come someday. I'm happy that my car was able to visit your shop (twice) and I got my car chopped and V8 installed (well kind of) while I still could. I would love to drink a beer with you in Vegas one day!

I hope that for the Fiero Communities' sake Rob and Kris are able to continue building Fieros. If not, I hope they go to Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas and start a Fiero department. Then I wouldn't have to trailer so far the next time.

JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
End of an Era!! Have a great time in Vegas!! I hope someone can step up and buy the business!! You are the best! JJ
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to see that you are going to semi-retire.
I believe that you are one of the must influential people in the Fiero community.
I don't know how many times I have said that if I could, I would have you do a LS swap on my car.

Thank you sincerely for all you have done.

I wish you the best and I hope you stick around here

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope someone at the very least picks up the hatch and widebody molds from you. Those were in my plan for a while, but haven't had the cash 'til more recently.

That said, on one hand, I'm sad to see you go. On the other, you've more than earned it. Congratulations and I wish you the best. Happy semi-retirement, Archie.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, you have a pm.. Congrats!!
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on retirement! Thank you so much for supporting the Fiero Community! Good luck to you sir!

Wish I got a widebody kit when I had the money! Maybe Fiero Fiberglass can buy the molds? Just an idea!
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arch

This is overdo news. You have earned the right to relax in the sun like many of us.

Given a chance we can get together out there for a beer.

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Happy Retirement Archie!!

I knew this day might come someday. I'm happy that my car was able to visit your shop (twice) and I got my car chopped and V8 installed (well kind of) while I still could. I would love to drink a beer with you in Vegas one day!

I hope that for the Fiero Communities' sake Rob and Kris are able to continue building Fieros. If not, I hope they go to Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas and start a Fiero department. Then I wouldn't have to trailer so far the next time.

Speaking of DFW and Rob & Kris...would you guys consider relocating for the right pay...if so PM me please.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock