Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  plastic hardener? front bumper deflector fix?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
plastic hardener? front bumper deflector fix? by LoW_KeY
Started on: 03-13-2014 09:46 AM
Replies: 7 (363 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 03-21-2014 12:14 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok my black trim on bumper isn't staying in place. further inspection part where clip slides in to bumper allowing me to put screw in and bolt down deflector to bottom out bumper.

if I could find plastic hardner could do that slide clip over to stay in place then rebolt it.

next goal will be to find a rubber deflector from front bumper of newer car and mount it.

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113 330 HP/430TQ
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the black part is polyethylene. Nothing glues to it for long. You can melt it with a hot iron to fix an attachment hole....(if I am reading your post correctly)..
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its the part on the bumper itself. The hole on the bumper is to big for the clip, tried bigger clip with a no go. Guess maybe I'll go to parts store on day off see what I can find for fillers or whatever. Just get tired of having the black deflector hanging on the drivers side

typing on phone is hard to do
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue Magic® CarGo® QuickSteel™ - Epoxy Putty
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you saying the clip/nut that holds the screw is falling out? I guess there are many ways to fix it, but I would have to see it, I guess. You can just use a larger piece as backing material, or hot glue something in place then put your clip on that.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its just a worn out metal clip the screw goes into, they have those in the Help sections of auto parts stores. If its not rusty, you can also tap them a bit flatter with a hammer and reinstall it. I do it all the time on cars Im working on. Makes the screw tighter in the hole. I wouldnt be using any kind of glue...like said nothing really likes sticking to the bumper material. Its like the same thing body filler spreaders are made from because everything pops off of it.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
get out the torch and melt that thing. LOL
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

I'll go to parts store on day off see what I can find

typing on phone is hard to do

Before you mentioned typing on a phone, It sounded like you were doing a bad Vladimir Putin impression LOL! " I go to parts store on day off see what I can find"

Like mentioned above, its hard to get anything to stick to that polyethylene. Your best bet is trying to plastic weld it, or possibly a fine stainless steel wire punched through the plastic, and then wrapped around the bolt.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock