DIY_STU Dew Wipes ?? Whats the latest ? by Brimmy
Started on: 01-20-2014 12:25 PM
Replies: 17 (753 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 01-23-2014 06:33 PM
Brimmy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrimmySend a Private Message to BrimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been a while since I have seen DIY_STU or anything posted per dew wipes he was fabricating.

Is he still around ?
Still making dew wipes ?

Who else offers them besides TFS ??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'm gonna need some in the next few weeks.

Did I read somewhere on here that dew wipes from mid 90s Chevy/GMC pickups can be easily modded to fit?
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want to try, you can make them yourself. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129107.html

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-20-2014).]

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

If you want to try, you can make them yourself. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129107.html

Ah, that's probably what I saw. Not sure where I got the idea about GM pickups, but I've compared them with my '92 Silverado next to my Fiero and the Silverado's are a couple inches longer. My favorite salvage yard sells the pickup dew wipes for a couple bucks a piece and it's easy to find a truck that's been stripped with the dew wipes easily removable.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad Raider:
Ah, that's probably what I saw. Not sure where I got the idea about GM pickups, but I've compared them with my '92 Silverado next to my Fiero and the Silverado's are a couple inches longer. My favorite salvage yard sells the pickup dew wipes for a couple bucks a piece and it's easy to find a truck that's been stripped with the dew wipes easily removable.

I've never tried doing them myself but it doesn't seem all that hard. Just need to gather up all the correct parts and if you're going to go through the trouble I would spend the $40 and order a new set of wipes.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently building a run of dew wipes and will have them for sale in the mall by the end of the week. I test fit the first pair last weekend on 85sliverGT's car and they fit perfectly. I will have 13 pair available for sale. If they sell quick I may do more. They are made with top quality epdm rubber weatherstrips made in the USA. They metal core is the same thickness as OEM. I'll post pictures later.
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

If you're going to go through the trouble I would spend the $40 and order a new set of wipes.

I prefer to do things as cheaply as possible. $4 sounds better than $40.
Brimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrimmySend a Private Message to BrimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

I am currently building a run of dew wipes and will have them for sale in the mall by the end of the week. I test fit the first pair last weekend on 85sliverGT's car and they fit perfectly. I will have 13 pair available for sale. If they sell quick I may do more. They are made with top quality epdm rubber weatherstrips made in the USA. They metal core is the same thickness as OEM. I'll post pictures later.

Are you building just outers ? Or inners as well.

Photos will for sure show what you got.

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brimmy:

Are you building just outers ? Or inners as well.

Photos will for sure show what you got.

Just outers to start. I'll post pictures when I get home from work today.

Edit to add a couple pics:

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 01-20-2014).]

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks seajai for the dew wipes! I couldn't be happier with how they turned out, they are perfect. Seajai went to a lot of work to get these right and you can tell with the final product. Great work.

THE HONN FAMILY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you pm with price to 60938 please? Thanks, Stacey
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad you found someone!
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE HONN FAMILY:

Can you pm with price to 60938 please? Thanks, Stacey

PM sent
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you PM me with a price?

Thank you,
Mark
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PM sent

Are you only giving the prices for a set via PM? If so, I would like a PM please

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going to wait till I had everything built and ready to go before placing my ad in the mall but I will be selling these for $95 shipped to the lower 48.
Jims88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jims88Send a Private Message to Jims88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Thanks seajai for the dew wipes! I couldn't be happier with how they turned out, they are perfect. Seajai went to a lot of work to get these right and you can tell with the final product. Great work.

Those look GREAT

Jim

[This message has been edited by Jims88 (edited 01-22-2014).]

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha-ha! Awesome!

I have been quietly selling outers for the last several months. $65 plus shipping. Shipping has been between $13 and $15 within the CONUS.

Oh and TY for the TY's and kind words to all in this thread!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/129107-2.html

Although I did not start the thread I kinda took the ball and ran with it! Sorry to the OP of the above linked thread. Also TY for leaving me a + rating in the above linked thread to those that did so. It might not matter to some folks but it matters to me.

Sharing is caring!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock