Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Recent news story complementing the Fiero.....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Recent news story complementing the Fiero..... by R Runner
Started on: 01-06-2014 04:32 AM
Replies: 7 (429 views)
Last post by: PatrickTRoof on 01-11-2014 02:27 PM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry if this is a re-post......

They actually had some nice things to say. I'm a little surprised. AND it was the first on the list.

http://www.foxnews.com/leis...ics/?intcmp=features

Automotively-speaking, the 1980s were certainly better than the mid-1970s in terms of quality and innovation. Still, few cars from the era have emerged as true collectibles. Here are five of our favorites that we think deserve more attention:

1988 Pontiac Fiero: The Fiero may have been one of the few instances in the 1980s when the product guys at Pontiac truly stuck it to the man. Hemmed in by bean counters, unimaginative Roger B. Smith-era GM brass and militantly pro-Corvette Chevy partisans who wanted to maintain their division’s monopoly on two-seater sports cars (the stillborn Pontiac Banshee sports car was still a recent memory), Pontiac got the Fiero produced not as a sports car but as a mid-engine, two-seater “commuter car.” Sadly, with that designation came brake and suspension parts from GM underachievers like the Chevy Citation and Chevette. But like many of the other cars on the list, the last model year was what the designers wanted all along. 1988 Fieros are notoriously good sports cars with upgraded suspension to go with the good looks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PatrickTRoof

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fox "news" had something good to say?!
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

Fox "news" had something good to say?!

WOW! I'm gonna mark my calendar, this is truly noteworthy.

~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ R Runner,

Are you still making sway bars? You haven't posted in your thread lately.

Jonathan
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother told me yesterday that in a recent Hemmings publication the Fiero was mentioned in a Top-10 list of forgotten collector cars. I'm thinking this the same news/article, but the FOX link has me confused.

------------------
Pittsburgh Vehicle PPI
Mobile Auto Inspections in PA, OH, WV & MD
Specializing in Fiero's with a 20% Discount to PFF Members

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 01-10-2014).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

@ R Runner,

Are you still making sway bars? You haven't posted in your thread lately.

Jonathan

To be truthful, I rarely check it any more. If someone wants a set, information, or just ask some questions, they can send me a PM or an email. I try to evaluate what my customer wants and then advise them of the best way to achieve that goal. Sometimes that is by NOT purchasing my bars or by adding other suspension parts first.
I do still make them, but currently I am tied up with work to the tune of 14 hour days and weekends too. I won't have time to make any until late spring or early summer. I'm starting a list of those who want them. I currently have 2 people interested.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love it!! So many people look at me strange when i tell them that I purchased at Fiero. "Aren't you scared its going to burn up"? And there is always the simple - WHY?

It is sad that so many people do not realize what almost did but never happened. A sports car to rival the Corvette. Even in the land of pasta and cannolli they realize that only one exotic brand was not enough.

Great article. Thanks for the find and thanks for sharing.

P.S. - Fox News is Fair and Balanced. They have it posted on their page in the internet. And if its on the internet, it has to be true - A. Lincoln.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by markkrug:

I love it!! So many people look at me strange when i tell them that I purchased at Fiero. "Aren't you scared its going to burn up"? And there is always the simple - WHY?

It is sad that so many people do not realize what almost did but never happened. A sports car to rival the Corvette. Even in the land of pasta and cannolli they realize that only one exotic brand was not enough.

Great article. Thanks for the find and thanks for sharing.

P.S. - Fox News is Fair and Balanced. They have it posted on their page in the internet. And if its on the internet, it has to be true - A. Lincoln.

Right! People ask my why, and I say, because I wanted one! And yes, mine caught fire, but it was my fault, not that of the car. I was young and inexperienced, and shot half a can of ether down the throttle body to try to make it start.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock