A Fiero with Hips?! by DKcustoms
Started on: 01-04-2014 09:34 PM
Replies: 13 (941 views)
Last post by: BrittB on 01-09-2014 12:13 AM
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I was dreaming at work the other day as I drove a Camaro SS, and as I looked into the sideview, I noticed how wide the hips on the new Camaros really are.
I love Camaros, I would love a new ZL1, or a '71, '89, etc...

So I was thinking, what would the Camaro hips look like on a Fiero?
Can someone Photoshop one or a few for me? I would have posted in the GTO Nose thread, but didn't want to hijack that.
Doesn't matter the color, preferably notchback since that's what I have and I think it would work better than fastbacks.

These pics are just from google, use whatever makes it work for you

If the hip could start behind the door just like the Maro...
You get the idea...

If it looks good, I want all the credit. If it looks bad, its your fault!

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 01-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are already available for the fastback Fieros. See this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092836.html
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen those before, but those are kinda just a wide body.
I'm looking for exactly whats on the Camaro, almost a shelf is the best way I can describe it.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the new camaro too! Just wish my wife would agree that I need more vehicles. The IMSA is pretty close.
Also post your request here they work magic with puter. //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/068738-58.html

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 01-05-2014).]

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that is a thread I was looking for!
Thanks!
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

I've seen those before, but those are kinda just a wide body.
I'm looking for exactly whats on the Camaro, almost a shelf is the best way I can describe it.

No they're not.

The "hips" from Fiero Fiberglass are a legitimate "shelf-style" hips like you have described. They do not widen the rear of the body; in fact that's what Whodeanie touted so much when he was originally developing them was how they did not actually widen the rear of the car but created more of a shelf. You would still retain the stock rear body clip, including the lower quarters and the rear fascia as it would not be enlarged any.

Now if you're wanting more of a really super crisp shelf like the current generation Camaro has, you could simply buy Fiero Fiberglass' product and add more material, but they already have a nice shelf transition to them.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

No they're not.

The "hips" from Fiero Fiberglass are a legitimate "shelf-style" hips like you have described. They do not widen the rear of the body; in fact that's what Whodeanie touted so much when he was originally developing them was how they did not actually widen the rear of the car but created more of a shelf. You would still retain the stock rear body clip, including the lower quarters and the rear fascia as it would not be enlarged any.

Now if you're wanting more of a really super crisp shelf like the current generation Camaro has, you could simply buy Fiero Fiberglass' product and add more material, but they already have a nice shelf transition to them.

Bob

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fiero fiberglass hips are about as wide as you can get without going wide body. if you add more to them it will either square off the rear end or start bowing the lower panels outward. The only other way to make the hips look bigger is to do what they did with the camaro, and turn the sail area behind the rear window inward sharply. This would probably cause clearance issues with the decklid.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ppg cars had subtle hips. Nothing real big.

http://www.highperformancep...ro_gtp/photo_01.html

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The ppg cars had subtle hips. Nothing real big.

http://www.highperformancep...ro_gtp/photo_01.html

That thing is hot! Why didn't they make a production model?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

That thing is hot! Why didn't they make a production model?

I think they were experimenting with ideas when they did those pace cars. But I do loooove the way they look too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUGlPW9dSLI
PFF
System Bot
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've often imagined a notchback wtih Testarossa-style hips, and maybe even the tail light grilles that they had.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here they are on the backs of my 2 IMSA's

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I think they were experimenting with ideas when they did those pace cars. But I do loooove the way they look too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUGlPW9dSLI

PPG car looks like it has a GTO nose as well!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock