Started on: 12-21-2013 03:43 PM
Replies: 6 (361 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 01-27-2014 07:13 PM
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was wondering if people are happy with the current way I run the harness under the snout of the super charger when crossing the engine or would it be better to run down under the engine maybe behind the harmonic balancer then back up the fire wall to clean things up.
I decided to try it this way on a harness I am making for one of my own cars and was wondering if others would prefer this route. Only draw back is it will be harder to instal and remove the harness when the engine is in the car and on my end it does take longer and use up more wire but if this is liked more it would be worth it to me. Opinions please, I will try and get the harness mounted on a complete engine/tranny to take some photos for comparison. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I'm jumping in your thread.
Just got finished weeding through the harness I'm going to use for a Series 1 swap. (ghetto swap) I had completed it before but was going through to decide on routing.
Can't stand Rohs compliant solder.
If people are using rear exit exhaust, the behind balancer does look good. Running it back up the trunk side of the engine and then up near the rear of the head does make for a clean routing. Would need small heat shield at the manifold, but most would be unseen.
I will be going the stock route with my exhaust. I'm splitting the harness at the firewall/bulkhead connector. Auto trans, PRND321 PCM switch, MAT, cruise, F/P and purge will be going towards the air cleaner, then back. 2/4/6 INJ, MAF, TPS, ECT, IAC will be routed next to the charger on rear side. 1/3/5 INJ next to front side of the charger. The PCM grounds just under the front set and dropping down to bell housing from the charger side of the thermostat housing. That way they can be neatly covered and still be easily worked on. Believe or not with my alternator set up(non dog bone, low alternator) I will be able to mount the coils on the passenger side rear head just rear of the charger and still clear the belt and hood. The ICM, crank/cam, alternator, VSS, and knock sensor wiring will be mostly hidden under it. The starter, park/neutral battery ground and hot will be coming from the PRND321 switch, down behind the front trans mount, ground to a lower stud, next to the starter, over the front engine mount bracket just under the water pump outlet then to C500 and battery. Yeah this is close to stock but adding more to the driver side routing made a big difference on the stuff needed going over top of the engine. I'm getting to old to craw under it for wiring repairs.
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tornado in the backround? The bottom of the intakes threw me off at first.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Start making ecotec harnesses

------------------

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had good luck running the harness under the throttle body next to the exhaust with the proper concerns.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The more "hidden" the harness is the better. But your current way keeps it simpler from an install/removal stand point.

Either way your work impresses me.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My harness has been really good. The only suggestion is not to ever put the PCM in the stock location. It is way too hot there.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock