Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  SOFA/Greater Toronto Fieros: Halton Hills Wild & Wacky Fun Run; Sunday Oct 27th

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
SOFA/Greater Toronto Fieros: Halton Hills Wild & Wacky Fun Run; Sunday Oct 27th by OHNIKO
Started on: 10-22-2013 09:39 PM
Replies: 9 (390 views)
Last post by: OHNIKO on 10-26-2013 08:54 PM
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.gtfieros.com/php...topic.php?f=12&t=331

LAST one of the season if the weather cooperates....
lotsa twisties, quick elevation changes, awesome vistas, driver-demanding!
This one is different from the others as it can be a high performance run. I've seen speed bikes do this one frequently (and a Fiero or 2!)
It will take place through Halton Hills, Flamboro, Milton areas, with a lunch stop at the end.

are you up to the challenge?

***Please make sure your brakes, suspension & steering are in good working order; we do pull some g's on this one. Anyone who's done this one can attest to the experience!

Mission: Hook up with fello Fiero enthusiasts & fans for a very non-leisurely cruise from
Caledon to Milton area, criss crossing the Escarpment!

This Tour includes scenic areas, lush hill & valley areas, nature areas, fast curves, steep hills & countryside.
This route is popular with car clubs, cyclists and bikers alike. They need to watch out. There are many curves, hills & straight open stretches on this route for all to enjoy! I usually also do this drive in the fall as it is quite picturesque in September/October/early November.

WHEN: this Sunday October 27th, 2013
TIME: meet up at 9;45am, depart at 10am.

WHERE: we will meet up in front of the old RONA parking lot (just past the East Side Marios) at the 401 & Winston Churchill exit. (Whoever has attended the cruise nights on Friday evenings should now where this is.)
Official Googlemaps addy is:
3135 Argentia Rd
coords: 43.597836,-79.788716

Please be food & gas filled so we can leave at 10 am sharp. It's best to gas up first, then meet up.

who's in? any friends you know that also have 'sports cars' are welcome & invited & let's see if they can keep up. :roll:

(I'll monitor the weather & make a final call on it on Saturday.)

------------------
RATE ME IF YOU LIKE MY CRUISES!!!
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6...IT LOOKS NICE!

Original 18" x 8" Motegi Roja's, 225-40-ZR18's front, 265-35-ZR18's rears, coil-overs, KYB shocks & struts, 2.5" drop, K&N filters, Holley side scoop, upgraded front & rear sway bars, poly, fully loaded, tinted, & some other nice custom stuff...

1985 GT SILVER CONVERSION PROJECT, 3800 SC SII powered, doesn't look as nice (yet), but it sure goes!

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 10-23-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can attest to the awesomeness of this one and would love to go again but my car is sitting in the garage waiting patiently for a transplant. I believe there is a late model N* in its future.......

Have fun guys
Dave
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

I can attest to the awesomeness of this one and would love to go again but my car is sitting in the garage waiting patiently for a transplant. I believe there is a late model N* in its future.......

Have fun guys
Dave

yup!

sorry we won't see you on this one, but once the transplant is done, you'll have to run it on this...'course'!
hey, can you 'borrow' another car???? hmmmmm????

mderue

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mderueSend a Private Message to mderueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may be going to this one. depends on work and weather. Please keep us up to date on the weather and the plans. Thank You.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will do; so far so good...calling for rain on Saturday but much better on sunday...so far!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the latest:

Sunday, 27 October: Cloudy. Low plus 5. High 9. 8-)
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's doable in approx. 3 hrs...can bow out anytime along the route for time constraints/commitments...the less cars, the faster it can be done!
4cast now showing sun/cloud 30% chance...that's fine 4 a go!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003
okay, it looks like we have at least 4 cars coming out that I know of 4 this! ...should be quite a fun run.

It's a go & c u attendees 2morow am all safen sound!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock