Started on: 10-09-2013 07:42 AM
Replies: 14 (1248 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 02-22-2018 09:54 AM
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just surfing the web and stumbled across news articles about Tyler and this communities heroic efforts to achieve his dieing wish. RIP still Tyler. He should inspire us always to realise what this place is all about and what it can achieve when people put their heads together.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still remember it like it was yesterday,,, it was a lot of fun helping them out there.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also see the whole build here http://www.tylerstoy.com
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

I was just surfing the web and stumbled across news articles about Tyler and this communities heroic efforts to achieve his dieing wish. RIP still Tyler. He should inspire us always to realise what this place is all about and what it can achieve when people put their heads together.

Thanks for creating this thread.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though I am a big forum meanie .. I had tears in my eyes when i first saw that video. What an inspiring story, and a great group of people who contributed. I am very proud of each and every one of you who participated in making his dream come true.
WICKEDWILDFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WICKEDWILDFIEROSend a Private Message to WICKEDWILDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/
Wish I could make it this year.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Warmin' up the car to head to Frazee Auto Body to get started Saturday morning...

My little part of the project...

Meanwhile, everyone else...

Thanks for asking, Tyler... you touched more lives lives than you could have imagined.

------------------

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 02-07-2014).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WICKEDWILDFIERO:

http://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com/
Wish I could make it this year.

I know I sound like a broken record .....but don't just wish it. Make it happen. I thought of lots of reasons NOT to attend the 1st show: too far, the expense, work yadda yadda yadda. I wised up in my old age and realized if I didn't make the effort I would eventually regret it. I made plans and reservations in January 2011 to get to the 2nd Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show. One of the best decisions I ever made. Wonderful trip and a wonderful time. As I drove out of Frazee after an amazing 4 days, I promised myself, I would be back for the 5th. I will be there, as will many others on this forum, some without Fieros or keys. If you can, don't pass up this opportunity.....there will be only one 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show. Be a part of it.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 02-07-2014).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics from the 1st Annual Show

Pics from the 2nd Annual Show...

Yes, I have a thing for Deloreans...

I had to miss the 3rd show... I was sad.

I don't have pics from the 4th show easily available as the Facebook albums above. It's cold at night, hot during the day, and awesome the whole time!!!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daneele Shipman just put this vid together.

Subscribe to the Youtube channel to help support
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkB33elW3J4

Like the facebook page to help support
https://www.facebook.com/ty...ipmanmemorialcarshow

Attend the Car Show to help support
https://www.tylershipmanmemorialcarshow.com

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-29-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2018 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't around the Fiero world when all this went down -- didn't know anything about it until this thread.

I have a new found level of respect for you guys. My first reaction would have been to think his first request for help was a scam.

But, instead of being cynical, you guys jumped in feet first and did a good thing. Kudos.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

I wasn't around the Fiero world when all this went down -- didn't know anything about it until this thread.

I have a new found level of respect for you guys. My first reaction would have been to think his first request for help was a scam.

But, instead of being cynical, you guys jumped in feet first and did a good thing. Kudos.

This was Tylers original thread asking for help with his Fiero. It's hard not to shed a tear because I remember reading this when he first posted.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/104362.html

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 01-31-2018).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2018 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have gone to the last 6 or 7 Tyler Shipman Memorial Car shows, and will likely not miss any in the future. I got involved with Fieros shortly after all of this happened, but went back and read through all of the postings. What an amazing community. I went to my first Tyler Shipman show not really knowing anybody and by the end of the weekend they were family.

Many of us never got the privilege of knowing Tyler, but we he has touched us, and given us the gift of a community that is like no other. I highly encourage everyone to try and make the Tyler Shipman Memorial car show (and stop by Camp Shipman), be warned though, you will be back every year.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2018 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Changing lanes: Tyler Shipman car show seeks family to help
By Nathan Bowe on Feb 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.

After eight years, the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show in Frazee is changing course — money raised will now go to a family with a child that needs help.
The annual car show and rally is held during the Frazee Turkey Days celebration the last weekend in July (July 28 this year) and the funds will be dispersed right after that, Shipman said.
Shortly after Tyler was first admitted to the hospital, he wrote a short note on an online message board named Pennock's Fiero Forum, where he talked to fellow Pontiac Fiero car lovers.

"I have an '86 Fiero GT that I've been slowly fixing up. Well now here I sit at the hospital with cancer, and they can't treat it, and not knowing how long I'll be here — they say could be till spring or longer or shorter, they don't know — I'm just trying to find some way to get it restored before I pass. I love this car."

That short, simple message drew an unexpectedly large response.

Over the course of the next few weeks, Tyler's Project gained more and more momentum, as local people and fellow Fiero lovers from all over came forward to help rebuild his car.

"The people who restored Tyler's car, a lot of them come back every year," Shipman said. "But a lot of new people show up every year, too."

The three-acre Shipman residence is about 10 miles east of Frazee on Highway 87, and every year their yard becomes "Camp Shipman," for people in town for the car show, she said. "We do hayrides, bonfires, pig roasts, we have a lot of fun — it's definitely a fun weekend," she said. "These people are Tyler's last gift to us."

http://www.dl-online.com/ne...ow-seeks-family-help

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock